HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "All Things NYC" Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
  #576
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I went to slatterys about 2 o'clock on Sunday. Irish bartender was quite rude. Said there was no drink specials.
What? That's BS! I was there at 3pm. Did you go upstairs? Had any Ranger gear on? I'll let my friend know what happened.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
  #577
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
For those in Staten Island, I was in Beer Garden on Victory Blvd having lunch on Thursday. Saw a sign for specials during hockey games. $25 all you can drink Bud Light Draft. Or, for $35 all you can drink of another draft. 3 hours. Not sure if it was from 7-10 or whenever the game starts or any 3 hours, so if you get there at 8 does it go until 11. Just passing along info. Place has good food, too.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:04 AM
  #578
Wotto
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Coming from Australia - April 18

Hi all

Visiting NYC and headed to the Florida game on 18th April.
Just curious what time we should head into MSQ before the main game starts

In Oz sporting events we have some 'pre-main game' minor games on most occassions, so I was curious if the Rangers games are similar.

Obviously with this being a once in a lifetime occassion for my daughter and I , we want to experience as much of the 'NHL night' as possible.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Oh and if U R in section 220 on the night and see 2 people looking confused by it all - that will be us

Wotto is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #579
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,023
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
Hi all

Visiting NYC and headed to the Florida game on 18th April.
Just curious what time we should head into MSQ before the main game starts

In Oz sporting events we have some 'pre-main game' minor games on most occassions, so I was curious if the Rangers games are similar.

Obviously with this being a once in a lifetime occassion for my daughter and I , we want to experience as much of the 'NHL night' as possible.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Oh and if U R in section 220 on the night and see 2 people looking confused by it all - that will be us
There are no minor games. You can get there early and watch warm-ups but no "other game".

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #580
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
There are no minor games. You can get there early and watch warm-ups but no "other game".
Sure there is! There's an exhibition pee wee match during the intermission at some games.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
  #581
Wotto
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
Sure there is! There's an exhibition pee wee match during the intermission at some games.
Hahaha - great stuff


In general I am assuming photography is allowed inside MSQ during the main game


Also - I was going to grab a feed at The Flying Puck before the game , to get into the feel of the Rangers fans spirits.........my daughter is 17YO, so my question is will she be allowed in for a meal? - In Australia we can take kids into 'pubs' for a meal , I am unsure of the rules in regards to this at Flying Puck

Wotto is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:08 PM
  #582
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
Hahaha - great stuff


In general I am assuming photography is allowed inside MSQ during the main game


Also - I was going to grab a feed at The Flying Puck before the game , to get into the feel of the Rangers fans spirits.........my daughter is 17YO, so my question is will she be allowed in for a meal? - In Australia we can take kids into 'pubs' for a meal , I am unsure of the rules in regards to this at Flying Puck
Yeah they allow it.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
  #583
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
Hahaha - great stuff


In general I am assuming photography is allowed inside MSQ during the main game


Also - I was going to grab a feed at The Flying Puck before the game , to get into the feel of the Rangers fans spirits.........my daughter is 17YO, so my question is will she be allowed in for a meal? - In Australia we can take kids into 'pubs' for a meal , I am unsure of the rules in regards to this at Flying Puck
They'll let her in. It's a bar/restaurant, and if you're with her, it really should be no issue. The Puck is definitely one of the best places to soak in the atmosphere.

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
  #584
FinRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
I am coming all the way from Finland to watch Rangers and see New York. So I was thinking how it would be possible to meet some Rangers players. Where should I wait before and after the game? Are there some specific places where they hang out or do some publicity things for example sign autographs?
I am going to Penguins-Rangers game April 3rd. I would also like to know where Penguins bus arrive or how I could meet Penguins players. Meeting Crosby, the best player in the world, would be a huge thing.

I know these are maybe far-fetched but any information is useful for me.

FinRanger is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  #585
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRanger View Post
I am coming all the way from Finland to watch Rangers and see New York. So I was thinking how it would be possible to meet some Rangers players. Where should I wait before and after the game? Are there some specific places where they hang out or do some publicity things for example sign autographs?
I am going to Penguins-Rangers game April 3rd. I would also like to know where Penguins bus arrive or how I could meet Penguins players. Meeting Crosby, the best player in the world, would be a huge thing.

I know these are maybe far-fetched but any information is useful for me.
Most of the Rangers drive into MSG now, if you wait around the front lobby you might see a few walk in though. As for the Penguins, they normally stay at the Omni Berkshire hotel. You should wait there around 3 on the day of the game, odds are you'll see others waiting. Typically, Crosby will sign an autograph but Malkin will not.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #586
FinRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Thank you very much! It is going to be epic trip for me and my friend. So I think we will go to Omni Berkshire hotel at 2 pm and wait there if we see Crosby or Malkin and after that we will go to MSG and see if we can spot some Rags-players. After that visit Flying Puck or something. What time does warm-up start in MSG?

FinRanger is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
  #587
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRanger View Post
Thank you very much! It is going to be epic trip for me and my friend. So I think we will go to Omni Berkshire hotel at 2 pm and wait there if we see Crosby or Malkin and after that we will go to MSG and see if we can spot some Rags-players. After that visit Flying Puck or something. What time does warm-up start in MSG?
Warm ups usually start 30-40 minutes before the game.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  #588
QuattroFTW
Registered User
 
QuattroFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
I'll be in NYC for the Rangers Canes game with my buddy on the 18th. Since we'll be there for St. Patricks day can anyone suggest good local bars we can go to during the day/night?

QuattroFTW is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
  #589
Wotto
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
They'll let her in. It's a bar/restaurant, and if you're with her, it really should be no issue. The Puck is definitely one of the best places to soak in the atmosphere.
Thankyou for the reply - cant wait for this event

Wotto is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
  #590
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroFTW View Post
I'll be in NYC for the Rangers Canes game with my buddy on the 18th. Since we'll be there for St. Patricks day can anyone suggest good local bars we can go to during the day/night?
The St. Patricks parade is on the 16th this year since St. Patricks day falls on a Sunday so that will be when most of the bar action will be. The 17th will be much qiueter than usual in Manhattan but there are plenty of Irish Pubs

Giacomin is online now  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
  #591
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
The St. Patricks parade is on the 16th this year since St. Patricks day falls on a Sunday so that will be when most of the bar action will be. The 17th will be much qiueter than usual in Manhattan but there are plenty of Irish Pubs
Srs? ****, I'm running the NYC Half on the 17th so I can't drink on the 16th. Ah well, more Guinness for me.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
  #592
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
This thread has reached it's limit. How can we reformat the new one so that's more user friendly? Is there a way to gather the great info throughout the thread and condense it into the opening post for visitors?
So is there actually a post in this huge thread that condenses all the content into one post? If so, it should be edited into the OP.

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
  #593
Pilatus
Registered User
 
Pilatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
New hockey bar in brooklyn!!

Owners are from Chicago so they are die hard hawks fans but still, its a hockey bar first. They play all the games and 24 tap lines. And not just like bud light, its almost all really good craft beer
Foods good too

Check em out
Windy City Ale House
7915 3rd avenue
Brooklyn, NY
11209
Twitter @windycityalebk

Pilatus is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
  #594
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Do they have Labatt on tap?

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
  #595
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Literally a 5 minute walk from my place

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
  #596
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,229
vCash: 823
One day I'm going to start a sports bar.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
  #597
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
Sounds Good

Giacomin is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
  #598
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Definitely going to check that out; right by my neck of the woods.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
  #599
Sky Valley
Registered User
 
Sky Valley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Wish there was a bar in Athens that had Center Ice

Sky Valley is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:35 PM
  #600
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Literally a 5 minute walk from my place
Closer to ten for me, but still pretty awesome.

blue425 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.