HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Big Thank You!!

Old
03-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Big Thank You!!

Okay, I don't normally do this... but in this case, I need to thank IceCapp. I read this post to find out that Pittsburgh is playing Toronto tomorrow... all while I'm a 4 hr drive away from Toronto (I live in the Yukon). And it's pure BS luck that I'll be in Ottawa for the weekend.

Needless to say minutes after reading this post, and confirming that the Pens are indeed in Toronto, I acquired a pair of tickets (nose bleeds - still cost $370) for my sister and I to go to the game. This will be my first Pens game!! I'm so pumped! And all because of this post! So again, thanks IcedCapp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
team will be here Saturday. I'll shove Kule in the bus after the game.

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
AgentM

Hope that you and your sister have a great time! Bring home a winner!

And IcedCapp, we'll expect to see Kulemin in black and gold against the Isles Sunday

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422

Sorry...that's the first thing I always think of when I hear the Yukon.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Okay, I don't normally do this... but in this case, I need to thank IceCapp. I read this post to find out that Pittsburgh is playing Toronto tomorrow... all while I'm a 4 hr drive away from Toronto (I live in the Yukon). And it's pure BS luck that I'll be in Ottawa for the weekend.

Needless to say minutes after reading this post, and confirming that the Pens are indeed in Toronto, I acquired a pair of tickets (nose bleeds - still cost $370) for my sister and I to go to the game. This will be my first Pens game!! I'm so pumped! And all because of this post! So again, thanks IcedCapp!
Excellent. Hope it makes up for the frustration caused by the lockout. Definitely post your impressions in the post-game thread when you get back from the game.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:09 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
At first I thought you meant you were driving from the Yukon to Toronto and thought it was going to be 4 hours . Ottawa's about five, perhaps less as there shouldn't be much traffic coming from there. I've seen one Pens' game at the ACC, it'll be fun and there'll certainly be other Pens' fans, although perhaps less so now that the Leafs are doing well. Either way be loud and proud! ACC is not hostile.

Tons of places to go before and after too if you're interested. Have fun! I might be at Real Sports (just outside ACC) representing Pens' Nation in enemy territory. Love Leaf / Pens game, especially when Toronto is doing well... makes it all the sweeter.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:59 AM
DoktorZaius

Forgive my ignorance, but bad tix still cost $180 in Toronto? That's...incredible. I lived in Raleigh for a long time, and man, I recall paying only 25 or 30 to see the Canes on a few occasions.

DoktorZaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Rip, you and your sister have a great time. I'm beyond, Kulemin. Doubt they move him, Icedcapp.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Enjoy Riptide...
I wonder if Frattin is healthy enough to play; I think he's been cleared for practice for at least a couple days.
If so we let him get a hatty to free up Kulemin?

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but bad tix still cost $180 in Toronto? That's...incredible. I lived in Raleigh for a long time, and man, I recall paying only 25 or 30 to see the Canes on a few occasions.
Oh yeah. Ticket prices are crazy anywhere in Canada.

On another note, anyone think we ought to go nuclear and call up Big Mac against the Leafs? They've been pushing teams around a little lately, and MacIntyre would settle things down right quick.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
I used StubHub (great service.... had a fraud ticket, and received a full refund very promptly). I could have had a similar ticket for $120, but it was a single. In a seasons ticket package, the ticket is $75. Yes it's expensive, but living on the other side of the country, it's well worth it. I still want to do a home & home with Philly some day... but this will have to tide me over until then.

Done several games in the ACC (and the leafs are my 2nd favorite team), so am not worried. I'm not the ******* fan well not normally lol)... but I'll definitely be very loud and proud!

Old
03-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Enjoy and have a good game, I hope for you it's as good as the one I got here last weekend

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Enjoy and have a good game, I hope for you it's as good as the one I got here last weekend
Hopefully! That was a great game. Was late for the LA/Vancouver game I had a ticket for waiting for that one to end! And I got to talk smack to all my friends who are Hab fans.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

For that kind of money I hope the Pens do you a solid and eviscerate the Leaves. Have fun!

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:15 AM
fragmag

That's awesome, have fun!

fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
For that kind of money I hope the Pens do you a solid and eviscerate the Leaves. Have fun!
Toronto is freaking crazy, I went in 2002 I believe and we paid back then 110$ a ticket and was sitting 2nd last row at the ACC. Montreal back then looking at some of my tickets, was paying 70$ for reds which is lower section. Been once and happy but I wouldn't go back o expensive. My next road trip is definitely Pittsburgh, hoping next year or the following one

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:41 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Nothing says thank you like stopping by and buying me a beer...

err, i mean Enjoy the game, Rip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
And IcedCapp, we'll expect to see Kulemin in black and gold against the Isles Sunday
I already have an armored truck and ski mask ready. Nothing can go wrong.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote