HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streak over as Hawks falter to Avs

Old
03-09-2013, 08:37 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Sir Psycho T;61297187]I really want to see how Crawford plays next game, last night was bad and last year he would let bad games carry over and ruin his play for weeks at a time. I really want to see him bounce back strong and prove last years CC isn't the real CC.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Not only Crawford. We got our ***** whooped and if we forget lessons learned and try and to play run-and-gun on Sunday against Oilers, it's liable to get out of hand. Hawks need that win and move on.

The 2 highlights in my mind: Bickell standing up for Keith and Stalberg not being injured. (I figure he must have had a cramp, but it looked scary)

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:41 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyBollig View Post
The teams we fatten up on in the west SJ Van LA DET COL PHX AND ANA are all going to divisions that we are not in. I hope we do well against WIN because the rest of that division is a struggle.
Colorado will be in the Hawks' division after realignment.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:41 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
How did this team ever go 24 games with a point, trade Kane, trade Keith, Fire Q and Bowman. Just pathetic.
It was funny once.... can we please quit with the sarcasm already.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Sacco outcoach Q
5 forwards on a pp is a recipe for disaster. I hope they do the same next game we play them.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Marotte Marauder

I know, I know it's only 1 game but.... this is what it CAN look like with a lack of grit and poor faceoff ability throughout the lineup.

To pawn it all off as 6 games in 9 nights is unrealistic. Avs had 5 in 9 including 3 straight on the road.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I know, I know it's only 1 game but.... this is what it CAN look like with a lack of grit and poor faceoff ability throughout the lineup.
To pawn it all off as 6 games in 9 nights is unrealistic. Avs had 5 in 9 including 3 straight on the road.
Exactly. I know people don't want to hear this, but at least 2 of the goals were from lost face-offs and the coverage near our net and in front was abysmal. The ops simply outhustled us in most situations but our chronic stick checking along the boards in our end, makes it easier for them. The important thing though, is to bounce back - start another streak.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:21 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Exactly. I know people don't want to hear this, but at least 2 of the goals were from lost face-offs and the coverage near our net and in front was abysmal. The ops simply outhustled us in most situations but our chronic stick checking along the boards in our end, makes it easier for them. The important thing though, is to bounce back - start another streak.
My entire point of contention is that the bolded was the big issue; many seem to be harping on faceoffs.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:40 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
My entire point of contention is that the bolded was the big issue; many seem to be harping on faceoffs.
That's true but one leads to the other. This team needs to have the puck. If we don't have it in our end of the ice, it is trouble ... especally in a game like last nights where ops were simply hungrier (and more desperate).

The Hawks system it seems does not include taking the man first in our end, and I have a big issue with that.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:54 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:

Crawford had been great all year but everyone is entitled to an off night, he clearly should have had goals 2 and 4, the 2nd goal I think stunned everyone...it was a poorly played back nothing shot that should never go in but he got caught in between movements. The 4th was a long slap shot with absolutely no one screening him.

Yes the energy was down and when that happens this team gets hit a LOT more, and yes the Aves were in a tough stretch too BUT they are fighting just to get in the tournament AND they had us in their house in front of a national audience...I pretty much knew last night ended the streak going in.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
It will be funny as long as we have posters like you and others that continue to only look at the negative side of things all the time.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
That's true but one leads to the other. This team needs to have the puck. If we don't have it in our end of the ice, it is trouble ... especally in a game like last nights where ops were simply hungrier (and more desperate).

The Hawks system it seems does not include taking the man first in our end, and I have a big issue with that.
Every team needs to have the puck, and I've never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER said faceoff's don't matter.

Ever.

They just aren't this huge back breaker that several people here kept talking about in the GDT.

We didn't lose because we were awful at the dot or had a subpar second line center.

We lost because we were tired, made stupid decisions with the puck, and were repeatedly caught puck watching instead of covering anybody.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Quote:

LOL, and you wonder why the sarcasm persists and keeps on being funny...

Central PA Hawk Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:18 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
It will be funny as long as we have posters like you and others that continue to only look at the negative side of things all the time.
My very first post mentioned the positives I saw from last night. BB standing up for Keith and VS not being injured. Though hard to find, here are a few more positives that I observed: Hawks didn't give up last night when they easily could have and Saad had another pretty decent game in a losing cause. Bickell was pretty good as well but that sours when the score is 6 - 2 for ops.

If you'd rather ignore any of our shortcomings, perhaps you can find some more positves to comment on, rather than get so defensive and resort to sarcasm against those that dare find any faults.

When I look at the Hawks I do so from a coaches perspective, so that may come across as negative, and that will never change. The details of winning or losing individual battles on the ice, as well as the coaching decisions, is what this game is about, and that's what I look for.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I don't understand all the alarmist posts in this thread. They were bound to lose at some point this season - and while it would have been nice if the game didn't get totally out of hand, these things happen.

They're still currently the best team by far in the NHL. I think they should have a good playoff run. I don't know if they'll win a cup...but 29 teams aren't going to so it's not a stretch to predict they won't

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Can anybody explain why Q did break up the 3rd line? Made no sense from the beginning.

Should have kept the lines and just go with Carcillo next to Bolland and Kane.

Crawford had a bad game. Staz would be the perfect addition to our Roster

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Can anybody explain why Q did break up the 3rd line? Made no sense from the beginning.

Should have kept the lines and just go with Carcillo next to Bolland and Kane.

Crawford had a bad game. Staz would be the perfect addition to our Roster

Perhaps he likes that BB has been playing well and would be more suited to the top 6 than 13 at this point. He has a lethal wrister and Kane could get him the puck probably better than anyone. But you're right the 25-65-29 combo were playing well as a line.

However, I still think Q needs to experiment with Bickell playing along side of Toews in certain (physical) games.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:31 AM
The Instigator

Hey coming in here on neutral ground. I've watched the last few games you guys have played and am yet to find one justifiable reason to have Michal Roszival on your roster. He's super slow and has had to take some pretty stupid penalties to make up for it. Am I missing something?

The Instigator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Every team needs to have the puck, and I've never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER said faceoff's don't matter.

Ever.

They just aren't this huge back breaker that several people here kept talking about in the GDT.

We didn't lose because we were awful at the dot or had a subpar second line center.

We lost because we were tired, made stupid decisions with the puck, and were repeatedly caught puck watching instead of covering anybody.
Really? Really? A trap team needs to have the puck to win? Really? A chip and chase, forecheck like a MFer team needs to have the puck to win? Really?

Some people need a much deeper understanding of the game of hockey.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:34 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen Heart View Post
Hey coming in here on neutral ground. I've watched the last few games you guys have played and am yet to find one justifiable reason to have Michal Roszival on your roster. He's super slow and has had to take some pretty stupid penalties to make up for it. Am I missing something?
completely wrong. had a rough game last night but wasn't even the worst dman on the hawks. everyone played bad.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen Heart View Post
He is good mentor for Leddy and majority of this year has been ok for Hawks

He has mistakes here and there but he isn't terrible option as #6 dman. The rotation of him and Brookbank with Leddy works well

Rozy + Brookbank allow Leddy to take chances with puck as both are dependable SAH guys

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He is good mentor for Leddy and majority of this year has been ok for Hawks

He has mistakes here and there but he isn't terrible option as #6 dman. The rotation of him and Brookbank with Leddy works well

Rozy + Brookbank allow Leddy to take chances with puck as both are dependable SAH guys
Aha, I see. That makes sense. Thanks!

The Instigator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Really? Really? A trap team needs to have the puck to win? Really? A chip and chase, forecheck like a MFer team needs to have the puck to win? Really?

Some people need a much deeper understanding of the game of hockey.
How does a team score if they don't have the puck on their stick?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:16 PM
jaysoneil

Quote:
http://youtu.be/WvkB9kdQpeA

jaysoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Takes about 5-10 seconds possession time to score 3 or 4 goals, depends on the type of team you have.

You can keep it the other 59:50, doesn't matter to me if that's my game plan and style.