HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pominville?

Old
03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
SabresBills2012

vCash: 500
Pominville?

If Darcey was able to get a 1st for the Goose, what could he possibly get for Pommer?

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Would definitely be interested from a Canucks POV.

If the Sabres move Miller, then Schneider would make sense as a centrepiece.

Otherwise a package of Booth + 1st + prospect would be something I'd offer as well.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Would definitely be interested from a Canucks POV.

If the Sabres move Miller, then Schneider would make sense as a centrepiece.

Otherwise a package of Booth + 1st + prospect would be something I'd offer as well.
They would move Pominville first.

If Pominville returns a goalie such as Schneider or Bernier then Miller will very likely be dealt. If they just get a #1 in 2013 + pyoung player or two then they plan on keeping Miller.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
SabresBills2012

i'd love it if we could get Ryan out of Anaheim, but probably wishful thinking.

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:34 PM
CaptPantalones

I hope Buffalo shops him around a bit personally. I like him, but with him, Vanek and Miller all UFAs after next season and the need for the rebuild, hed bring back some good pieces. Id definitely see a 1st, roster player and decent prospect coming from a Western team contending.

ex: Booth, Jensen/Schroeder and a 1st

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
This deal looks so good if Booth was a 60 point player like he used to be. Pominville will be on the wrong side of 30 this November, I wonder if they will shop him. He's a game changer, such an underrated player all around so it better not be no low-ball deal that they pull.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
This deal looks so good if Booth was a 60 point player like he used to be. Pominville will be on the wrong side of 30 this November, I wonder if they will shop him. He's a game changer, such an underrated player all around so it better not be no low-ball deal that they pull.
The trouble with Booth is that you're lucky to get 60 games out of him in a season, let alone 60 points (which, for the record, he's only reached once). I'd rather have a more reliable 3rd liner coming back than a could-be 2nd liner if he didn't spend so much time injured/not producing.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
The trouble with Booth is that you're lucky to get 60 games out of him in a season, let alone 60 points (which, for the record, he's only reached once). I'd rather have a more reliable 3rd liner coming back than a could-be 2nd liner if he didn't spend so much time injured/not producing.
Would Buffalo prefer a defenseman or a forward coming back? Because Ballard has been playing very well this season, and if we didn't have 4 other defensemen locked up with NTCs, then he would be a perfectly good 2nd pairing defenseman.

Ballard/Booth/Raymond(whose slightly better than the other two but UFA) + 1st round pick + any prospect not named Jensen would seem fair to me(Take your pick of Gaunce, Connauton, or Lack, depending on need)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:15 AM
HiddenInLight

Pominville is a first line talent on pretty much any team in the league, he doesn't get traded unless he gets a first line return. No dollar for 4 quarter case here, sorry.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:04 AM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Pominville is a first line talent on pretty much any team in the league, he doesn't get traded unless he gets a first line return. No dollar for 4 quarter case here, sorry.
I think Jeff Carter's return should be a good bench line, Carter scores more, was locked up long term (could be good or bad), and plays center.

Pominville plays better defense, is the better playmaker and doesn't have the baggage that Carter came with.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

My favourite Sabres player. He's been consistently good and should get a lot if he were traded, just please stop using Gaustad as reference

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
stop using Gaustad as reference
This x10000000000

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
is the answer jesus

Pommers and a 2nd for Schneider and Gaunce. I'd love Schneider, but a straight Pommers for Schneider swap isn't enough for me. Sabres then move Miller for a top 6 winger or player with top 6 potential ie. (Schwartz or Nyqvist) + other assets be it picks or other roster players. Sabres ship out Leopold and Regehr and get back 2nd and 3rd rounders to replace the pick they gave up.

is the answer jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Pommers and a 2nd for Schneider and Gaunce. I'd love Schneider, but a straight Pommers for Schneider swap isn't enough for me. Sabres then move Miller for a top 6 winger or player with top 6 potential ie. (Schwartz or Nyqvist) + other assets be it picks or other roster players. Sabres ship out Leopold and Regehr and get back 2nd and 3rd rounders to replace the pick they gave up.

Why the hell are the Sabres giving up a 2nd?

Uh...No thanks.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
My favourite Sabres player. He's been consistently good and should get a lot if he were traded, just please stop using Gaustad as reference

You're right...Pommers is much better than Goose...and will garner a higher return.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:10 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Why the hell are the Sabres giving up a 2nd?

Uh...No thanks.
To get a guy who was a first round pick last year? 2nd round pick < 1st round pick

Old
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
MayDayMayDay

Pominville to Chicago for Saad + Pirri + 1st??

MayDayMayDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
To get a guy who was a first round pick last year? 2nd round pick < 1st round pick
You're either undervaluing Poms....or over valuing Schneider... not sure which...but you're off base.

Between Bernier and Schneider..Im not sure which one is over rated or over valued more...

Guy has never even played a full work load schedule in the NHL..

Lets get real.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post
Pominville to Chicago for Saad + Pirri + 1st??
If Im Chicago... I'm not changing a thing...at this moment.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:03 AM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
If Im Chicago... I'm not changing a thing...at this moment.
Idk, it might depend on how they feel about the Sharp injury.

MayDayMayDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
You're either undervaluing Poms....or over valuing Schneider... not sure which...but you're off base.

Between Bernier and Schneider..Im not sure which one is over rated or over valued more...

Guy has never even played a full work load schedule in the NHL..

Lets get real.
I think I'm being very real. I think Schneider's value is on par with Varlamov's. Varlamov fetched a 1st and a 2nd round pick. If you want a good, young, inexpensive goalie you'll have to pay for it. I also prefer Schneider to Bernier.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:01 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
I think I'm being very real. I think Schneider's value is on par with Varlamov's. Varlamov fetched a 1st and a 2nd round pick. If you want a good, young, inexpensive goalie you'll have to pay for it. I also prefer Schneider to Bernier.
We're not trying to pry Schneider away from you. We're trying to get the best possible return for Pominville. Someone else would assuredly offer better than that. Our 2nd is basically a late 1st, and Schneider hasn't proven he can be a starter, while Pominville is an established 1st line player with above average defensive ability.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
We're not trying to pry Schneider away from you. We're trying to get the best possible return for Pominville. Someone else would assuredly offer better than that. Our 2nd is basically a late 1st, and Schneider hasn't proven he can be a starter, while Pominville is an established 1st line player with above average defensive ability.
He has shown he's a 1st liner with good defensive ability I'll give you that, but he's only got one more year left on his deal after this year and a decision is going to have to be made on him. I don't want to keep him if he's going to get 5+ million a year, which I think he will. Varlamov's value is a pretty good comparable to Schneider's imo, you can call it whatever you want, if Colorado thought a 1st and a 2nd was too much to give up for him they would have gone elsewhere for a goaltender not overpaid to "pry" him away. The 2nd round pick in my proposal was a sweetner for them to deal Gaunce, a guy I like a lot. My inital thought was Gaunce and Schneider for Pommers, but thought Vancouver would want another piece coming back hence the 2nd rounder.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I hope Buffalo shops him around a bit personally. I like him, but with him, Vanek and Miller all UFAs after next season and the need for the rebuild, hed bring back some good pieces. Id definitely see a 1st, roster player and decent prospect coming from a Western team contending.

MacArthur, Ashton and a 1st

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Djp

Quote:
He has shown he's a 1st liner with good defensive ability I'll give you that, but he's only got one more year left on his deal after this year and a decision is going to have to be made on him. I don't want to keep him if he's going to get 5+ million a year, which I think he will. Varlamov's value is a pretty good comparable to Schneider's imo, you can call it whatever you want, if Colorado thought a 1st and a 2nd was too much to give up for him they would have gone elsewhere for a goaltender not overpaid to "pry" him away. The 2nd round pick in my proposal was a sweetner for them to deal Gaunce, a guy I like a lot. My inital thought was Gaunce and Schneider for Pommers, but thought Vancouver would want another piece coming back hence the 2nd rounder.
Scneider hasnt gone a full year as a significant starting goalie. His cap hit is at $4M

Bernier is much cheaper at $1.25

Big difference for someone unproven as a full time NHL goalie.

Gaunce was a 1st round pick last year for Vancouver...In a position Buffalo really doesnt need.

Last year: Gaustead + 4th for 1st

this year: Pominville+ 2nd should get alot more than Schneider + 2012 1st

counter: Pominville+ Regehr/Leopold +2013 #4 for Scneider+ Jensen + 2013 #1

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote