Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 500
I don't have the faith in Scandella that some of you do. It's not like he's been getting better over the years, he hasn't. He's still just as inconsistent as he was two years ago. Even down in the AHL he goes from playing well enough, to playing like crap.

Is it possible he's just a late bloomer, and will still figure it out? Sure. Even if he does though, he's at best a second pairing d. I just think the Wild would be smarter to put no expectations in him at this point, and if we can move him in a package deal for a player that will help fill our holes, do it.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I don't have the faith in Scandella that some of you do. It's not like he's been getting better over the years, he hasn't. He's still just as inconsistent as he was two years ago. Even down in the AHL he goes from playing well enough, to playing like crap.

Is it possible he's just a late bloomer, and will still figure it out? Sure. Even if he does though, he's at best a second pairing d. I just think the Wild would be smarter to put no expectations in him at this point, and if we can move him in a package deal for a player that will help fill our holes, do it.
I covered him pre-lockout for the Aeros. He was BAD. Like...not even first pairing for the Aeros bad. Even after Brodin was hurt.

He still has some potential, maybe. But his stock is failing very quickly.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Do you guys think the Wild are going to be buyers or sellers?

We definitely have some big holes that we need to fill: Ideally, 1 right hand top four d, and we need a top 6, if not top 3, right handed sniper that will shoot dammit.

I'm torn on us moving Cullen. He has been playing well, but he always has that streak that gets your hopes up, then he disappears. If we could get a first for him, which I think we could, I think we should take it. Or a strong prospect I guess. He's not the true second line center that we need.

I hope we can move Butch for a second, or package him.

Are we going to trade Konopka, or just sit him 3 out of every 4 games? He takes some stupid penalties once in a while, but that's usually in games where our whole team is sucking, and he's just trying to fire them up. I don't fault him for that. He's also really good on the forcheck and faceoffs. I wouldn't mind keeping him as the 4c, but he needs to play. Better him there than Granlund... Brodziak's been alright at 4c, but I still think Konopka is the best suited for that role.

Heatley. If we can move him, I would. There are rumors of interest, and it just is not that great of a fit. If we had a faster team that could make up for his weaknesses more, then he would be a greater asset to us, unfortunately on our team he drags down whichever line he's on too much. I like the guy, but for his cap hit, and what we need now, I still think we should move on. Get what you can for him, hell, try for a first or a strong prospect, then open up that cap space, and go after a better suited player this summer.

Clutterbuck. I would entertain trade ideas on him. I sitll think his perceived value is greater than his actual value, and would cash in on it. He's an offensive black hole - can't cycle, actually a really bad shot, no hockey iq. We have enough guys who can fill this role at around the same effectiveness, and we need spots for the kids. I also don't see him aging well, and believe he has already peaked.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
What about Owen Nolan. He wanted to come back here

Think of all the vet experience HE has!
What! He now wants to open a pub next to your arena? What will happen to the one he has next to the Shark Tank? (I would love to have the younger version of Nolan that was our Captain back on the ice, he was fun to watch..... Ah nostalgia...)

Old
03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Nolan11

Quote:

We definitely have some big holes that we need to fill: Ideally, 1 right hand top four d, and we need a top 6, if not top 3, right handed sniper that will shoot dammit.

Clutterbuck. I would entertain trade ideas on him.
We have an excess of D on the Sharks, well as soon as Burns gets back from IR. Our best value Contract is Braun, 3 years at 1.25 M. Braun is a RH PMD that was our number 4 last year. What about:

Braun for Cal or Seto

Old
03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Emilie

Quote:

I'm torn on us moving Cullen. He has been playing well, but he always has that streak that gets your hopes up, then he disappears. If we could get a first for him, which I think we could, I think we should take it. Or a strong prospect I guess. He's not the true second line center that we need.

Are we going to trade Konopka, or just sit him 3 out of every 4 games? He takes some stupid penalties once in a while, but that's usually in games where our whole team is sucking, and he's just trying to fire them up. I don't fault him for that. He's also really good on the forcheck and faceoffs. I wouldn't mind keeping him as the 4c, but he needs to play. Better him there than Granlund... Brodziak's been alright at 4c, but I still think Konopka is the best suited for that role.

Heatley. If we can move him, I would. There are rumors of interest, and it just is not that great of a fit. If we had a faster team that could make up for his weaknesses more, then he would be a greater asset to us, unfortunately on our team he drags down whichever line he's on too much. I like the guy, but for his cap hit, and what we need now, I still think we should move on. Get what you can for him, hell, try for a first or a strong prospect, then open up that cap space, and go after a better suited player this summer.

Clutterbuck. I would entertain trade ideas on him. I sitll think his perceived value is greater than his actual value, and would cash in on it. He's an offensive black hole - can't cycle, actually a really bad shot, no hockey iq. We have enough guys who can fill this role at around the same effectiveness, and we need spots for the kids. I also don't see him aging well, and believe he has already peaked.
Cullen is only going to waive his NTC for a team that looks like they might win the cup, and no team that looks like they are going to win the cup is going to give up any of the positions you suggested. And a late 1st rounder might as well be a second rounder...

Russo basically said today that there's little to no interest in PMB. Not for picks, not for trade...nothing.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:

I'd say we'd need a LD more. Brodin, while left-handed, plays on the right side and then Gilbert. Where as on the left side, we have Suter and then... Stoner/Falk. Yeah, I'd want the lefty first

Quote:
I'm not too concerned with getting an asset for Cullen. I like the 2nd line as constructed.

Quote:
Yep.

Quote:
I'm getting pretty sick of his antics already, but I think we'll need him at the #4C spot next year.

Quote:
I was in favor of moving him before, as I think his physicality is overrated, and he takes too many other things off the table. But not to move him just to move him or for futures. If we can use him to get that youngish, top4, LD then it's worth listening to.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:31 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
Cullen is only going to waive his NTC for a team that looks like they might win the cup, and no team that looks like they are going to win the cup is going to give up any of the positions you suggested. And a late 1st rounder might as well be a second rounder...

Russo basically said today that there's little to no interest in PMB. Not for picks, not for trade...nothing.
What you say is true... I know PMB is probably just going to walk. Poor guy... His career has been very unfortunate.

I still think Pit would be a good home for Cullen. There are a few teams that could use a guy like him, that he might be willing to go to. I would rather go for a good d prospect, but a draft pick would still be good. We all know he's going to disappear again; he does every year, and has for most of his career. We need roster spots. We need Are we going to play Granlund at all, or just alternate scratching him and Konopka every other game for the next three years? Cullen needs to go. He is not what we need anymore. His best position is a 3c, and wee have that. He is not a permanent 2c. He's had years to prove that, and has been unable to.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:35 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

[QUOTE=Dr Jan Itor;61305705]I'd say we'd need a LD more. Brodin, while left-handed, plays on the right side and then Gilbert. Where as on the left side, we have Suter and then... Stoner/Falk. Yeah, I'd want the lefty first

I'm not too concerned with getting an asset for Cullen. I like the 2nd line as constructed.

Yep.

I'm getting pretty sick of his antics already, but I think we'll need him at the #4C spot next year.

I was in favor of moving him before, as I think his physicality is overrated, and he takes too many other things off the table. But not to move him just to move him or for futures. If we can use him to get that youngish, top4, LD then it's worth listening to.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a package deal as well. We need better quality at this point. We have more than enough quantity, and frankly, could use less.

You might have convinced me on the L d actually. I had not thought of it like that. I was more or less going off what Yeo speaks of.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
We have an excess of D on the Sharks, well as soon as Burns gets back from IR. Our best value Contract is Braun, 3 years at 1.25 M. Braun is a RH PMD that was our number 4 last year. What about:

Braun for Cal or Seto
I'ld have to learn more about Braun. Maybe Clutter for him, if he has a decent upside. Seto is ours now though

Old
03-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Michael Russo @Russostrib
#mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher on all the Dany Heatley to #devils rumors: "Zero truth," before laughing
So there's that I guess

Old
03-09-2013, 01:55 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I've said this before, but Scandella won't be back in this franchise next season. There's a lot of people in that organization who have really soured on him. Should come as no surprise that Russo has started to mention it as well.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I've said this before, but Scandella won't be back in this franchise next season. There's a lot of people in that organization who have really soured on him. Should come as no surprise that Russo has started to mention it as well.
You think they're just going to outright let him walk? I'd think that there would be some team that would take a flier.

Putting him with Bouchard would be ideal to get the contracts off the books. Bouchard + Scandella for a 2nd rounder, sign Haula and Schmidt, win.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:56 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
You think they're just going to outright let him walk? I'd think that there would be some team that would take a flier.
I think that a trade would be the preferred method. However, I wouldn't exactly rule out the team just letting him walk outright. Depends on what the do at the defense position in general.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:51 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
sucks to have been right about Scandella this whole time
not smug.

I think he does have some trade value but with a bunch of our guys it's only in a quantity for quality scenario. or at best we could end up with a Pouliot for Latendresse kind of deal where the guy we're getting has been a major disappointment for his own club.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:08 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I am still a fan if we could do something with Pitt. PMB and pick for Maatta and pick

Old
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I am still a fan if we could do something with Pitt. PMB and pick for Maatta and pick
They won't do that unless our pick = 1st and the pick they're including is a 7th rounder.

To land Maatta, I could see us trading them Clutterbuck. Which I think would be a fair deal for both sides (Maatta would be a good trade target for a lot of reasons but him saying he wanted us to draft him is icing on the cake).

Old
03-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
I'ld have to learn more about Braun. Maybe Clutter for him, if he has a decent upside. Seto is ours now though
Braun is a RH PMD who is a strong north south skater and has a good point shot. Depth wise he is a third pairing on our team but his Corsi last year put him in our top 4. Think he probably is more valuable then Clutter, but its hard for me to tell for sure. I would do him for Cal, not sure if I will be run out of San Jose on a rail for saying so

Fans here still love Seto. (don't think our team management does, though) Wheels fell off our offense train when we traded him to you. He was our 7th top 6 forward, which gave us options. Heard he was in the dog-house for you. Guess not. If you ever tire of him, fans here would welcome him back with open arms.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Braun is a RH PMD who is a strong north south skater and has a good point shot. Depth wise he is a third pairing on our team but his Corsi last year put him in our top 4. Think he probably is more valuable then Clutter, but its hard for me to tell for sure. I would do him for Cal, not sure if I will be run out of San Jose on a rail for saying so

Fans here still love Seto. (don't think our team management does, though) Wheels fell off our offense train when we traded him to you. He was our 7th top 6 forward, which gave us options. Heard he was in the dog-house for you. Guess not. If you ever tire of him, fans here would welcome him back with open arms.
He was a while back, but he's been our best forward over the past 2 weeks or so.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
He was a while back, but he's been our best forward over the past 2 weeks or so.
Glad to hear. Always liked watching Seto. He tends to do that, though. Scores in streaks, can get stone cold and then later back to scortching. If he ever figures out how to stay at his A game, he could be a legitimate first liner (was for the sharks only due to Thornton making any natural shooter look good).

Old
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
TheeNorthStar

Sorry i havent read through the thread but id like it if we could trade PMB and Scandella if needed to get another decent right handed forward.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
nickschultzfan

OMG Scandella-haters are out in full force. No way the Wild just let Scandella go for nothing.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:05 PM
TheeNorthStar

I am far from hating on Scandella. lol

But he can be used as trade bait like Russo said.. So why not throw his name in there?

I think Marco is decent. But i wouldnt cry if he was traded to improve the team.

Last edited by TheeNorthStar: 03-10-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old
03-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

PMB will definitely be gone. Will be interesting to see what happens with Heatley, Seto, and the defense.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
What do you think :

Clutterbuck (RFA) and ?what/who?

David Clarkson (UFA)

Clarkson has grit and can score. I would think Devils fans would love Clutterbuck, but we would need to add. But keep in mind that Clarkson is a UFA, so we shouldn't add too much. I was thinking ad Prosser or Scandella, but not sure the Devils are looking for Dmen. or Maybe we add our Goalie prospect from Sweden?

Closed Thread