HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Off-season Trade Proposal Ott/StL

Old
04-24-2006, 06:00 PM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
Well a few points WHY would St Louis want to get rid of a 22 or 23 year old d man
Are we still talking about Jackman here? Am I the only one that realizes that Jackman is a whopping 16 days younger than Havlat. People are making it out to be that somehow St. Louis is giving up a hotshot prospect for an aging veteran on the decline of his career.

BTW, I don't like this trade at all. One, I'm a Havlat fan, and, I want to see him retained. Second, if we do trade him, I don't want another young defenceman. We have a lot of high calibre youth on our blueline. The only reason to go out and increase our depth on defence like this, is if we lose both Chara and Redden. If that happens, I'd much rather go out and get a veteran d-man to fill the void, either through free agency, or through a trade.

I definitely pass on this from Ottawa's perspective, even if it's a straight swap. Adding a third just increases the speed in which I hang up.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
mattlef

Send a message via MSN to mattlef
Jackman isnt even close to reaching the potential that he was supposed to be, and to me, is a complete bust. Despite his calder year, he has done nothing in the stl orginization. You make this kid out to be the next comming of Niedermayer and he is definatly not.

The only way this trade would happen is this, Jackman and a First, for Havlat and a third. Havlat, given first line minutes, no doubt would put up amazing numbers. He is an incredable offensive threat, and beleive it or not, has an amazing two way game. When he works his *** off, he is one of the most effective backchecker in the east. He can play the pp, is dangerous on the pk, and is still young. A player like this is very rare in the leauge...
So let me ask you this, would you give the same deal for Gaborik, who hasnt the same ppg as havlat, yet plays on the first line in mini, yet havlat is pulling second line duty? no.

This is definatly a no brainer, No deal

mattlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM
ARS

Ugh, not only Havlat but a 3rd also? I hope that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if we want to get rid of Havlat through a trade, we can get a better return than Jackman.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
trublu16

Blah Blah Blah
(Click goes the telephone.)

And this is from a Blues fan. I think Havlat is a tremendous talent, but I am not willing to give up one of my good young defensemen. Yeah he may not of worked out to what everyone has expected. But I still think he is one of the better #2/#3 young defensemen in the game today. And with with all of his faults, I still like what he brings to the table.

Checker/Blues fans:
Just because we were on the short end of the stick with offense this year, that doesnt mean to deal all of your defensemen to get offense. Be patient. We don't even have an owner right now(Checketts buying the team is still pending approval, last I checked). And if you are expecting Johnson to jump right to the NHL, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Canucks19*

no

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote