HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pittsburgh @ Toronto | 9th March @ 7:00PM @ Air Canada Center

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
Pens have Crosby and Malkin that is still a limiting factor to taking runs at them and giving PP opportunities in the playoffs. But the playoffs are different and teams will do what they need to advance. Philly had no problem targeting them. If Bylsma tells McIntyre to go out and beat the crap out of Gerioux, then the series may be a little less helter skelter. I am a big believer in the concept of MAD and the Pens have a history of allowing teams to take liberties. Glass simply doesn't intimidate anyone and neither does Adams. Vitale needs to play with his energy and go get a tough forth line hard a**.
To be fair, I don't think anybody is intimidated by the 5'11" Joe Vitale.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
ya, not so much. But at least he can play some hockey.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
The Glass Joe Adams line is a weakness .

Mainly due to Glass.
If this were baseball, they'd be easy to Punchout!

Old
03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
If this was 1992 that might matter but it's not. If you don't evolve you get left behind & there just isn't a place for a thug who can't play the game.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
If this was 1992 that might matter but it's not. If you don't evolve you get left behind & there just isn't a place for a thug who can't play the game.
Before this season, you would have said that about Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr too. If you don't play them, you'll never know.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:00 PM
chethejet

He is a guy whose play is to get in the others team kitchen. Neither Adams or Glass provide anything that resembles that. Plus he is a great forechecker, takes the body and has no fear. Yes he has limitations, but he brings an edge that Byslma sees as stupid hockey. I agree you don't sign Talbot to that contract but he did bring that element of get under ones skin that Cooke no longer does. Toronto will bring that edge play to the Pens and just tired of watching teams feeling they can do that without consequence. Orpik is such a pus** now that I want his out of here as fast as I can find a buyer. Leader my butt, he is collecting a paycheck and living off past performance. When is the last time you saw him drop the gloves to protect his team mates? So much for being the defensive enforcer.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Before this season, you would have said that about Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr too. If you don't play them, you'll never know.
I wouldn't want either on my active roster going into the playoffs. That said, I don't really want Glass or Adams either

Old
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I'm not talking about guys like Big Mac. Guys like Mike Rupp bring size, can fight and aren't a complete liability on the ice.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Would've liked to see Big Mac brought up for the game just to let Toronto know we can beat them in the alley too if they want to take it there, which they have pretty often recently.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

UM's little house of horrors.

My 3 year old just dumped a full 42 ounce container of flake food in the fish tank.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
chethejet

Watching Boston Flyers and Hartnell isn't even trying all that crap he does vs the Pens. Rinaldo got drilled fighting Thorton and that has no bearing on the Bees. That is a team you don't like playing against. Same for Toronto. Pens used to be a team that had that balance but now they are not.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
#2eddieshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

really though, I don't know how he gets sat after that faceoff debacle that was the last game.
Pens won 45% of the faceoffs. Could have been worse.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
its what he did to Mrs. Disco

really though, I don't know how he gets sat after that faceoff debacle that was the last game. Or how he isn't in over Glass at this point in general. At least Adams has the vet presence and good PKer excuse. I don't dislike Glass, but Vitale has just outperformed him all year.
Yeah, it's weird. When Vitale's out we don't have any really reliable faceoff men outside of Sid, and that was painfully obvious vs. Philly.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Watching Boston Flyers and Hartnell isn't even trying all that crap he does vs the Pens. Rinaldo got drilled fighting Thorton and that has no bearing on the Bees. That is a team you don't like playing against. Same for Toronto. Pens used to be a team that had that balance but now they are not.
Boston is a fun team to watch, cause they can beat you in many different ways.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

I wish big mac would just get cut so I don't have to hear people talking about how much better the team would be with him starting. He wouldn't do anything out there except be a liability and take penalties. Brilliant idea.

"but he'll protect our stars!"
no he won't, the only thing he can do is react to an incident that has already happened. Malkin still would have gotten injured had macintyre played in that game. Crosby still would have gotten a concussion had macintyre played in that game. A guy like him just isn't necessary in today's game.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
I wouldn't want either on my active roster going into the playoffs. That said, I don't really want Glass or Adams either
I don't know much about McLaren. He seems to be a pure goon. Same can be said for Orr, but he plays at least as well as Glass, and is a lot better fighter. Personally I'd rather have Chris Neil than all four of those guys.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
UM's little house of horrors.

My 3 year old just dumped a full 42 ounce container of flake food in the fish tank.
.gif?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
I wish big mac would just get cut so I don't have to hear people talking about how much better the team would be with him starting. He wouldn't do anything out there except be a liability and take penalties. Brilliant idea.

"but he'll protect our stars!"
no he won't, the only thing he can do is react to an incident that has already happened. Malkin still would have gotten injured had macintyre played in that game. Crosby still would have gotten a concussion had macintyre played in that game. A guy like him just isn't necessary in today's game.
Would you rather have Engelland, Glass, or Adams fighting Orr and McLaren if they start running amok? Personally I'd rather risk big mac breaking a hand, breaking an eye, getting thrown out, etc. I know the thoughts of sitting the dynamo's of Glass or Adams for a game is blasphemy, but I think we'd survive.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Would you rather have Engelland, Glass, or Adams fighting Orr and McLaren if they start running amok? Personally I'd rather risk big mac breaking a hand, breaking an eye, getting thrown out, etc. I know the thoughts of sitting the dynamo's of Glass or Adams for a game is blasphemy, but I think we'd survive.
running amok? let them run amok, sooner or later they'll get called for a penalty. I'd rather the pens get in zero fights and go 10/10 on the powerplay than watch MacIntyre skate around "protecting" people.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:42 PM
chethejet

I wanted him for the last two years. He is not the big enforcer type but he has no problem being one. Plus he can at least go up and down the wing as good as Glass. Nobody has their head on a swivel when our fourth line comes over the boards. Weak just weak.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
NeedleInTheHay

I wonder if they will buy out Glass after the year? You can find someone for the league minimum to give you the kind of performance hes giving for over a million a year.

He hits, but not really that hard, doesn't agitate really, obviously never scores...

Old
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
running amok? let them run amok, sooner or later they'll get called for a penalty. I'd rather the pens get in zero fights and go 10/10 on the powerplay than watch MacIntyre skate around "protecting" people.
On no, a penalty! I'm sure they'll lose a lot of sleep killing off a whole 2 minutes, especially if it knocks someone out of the game. They didn't seem too worried about penalties when they whooped up on Montreal a few weeks ago huh?

You must really enjoy the spectacle and pageantry of watching Tanner Glass and Craig Adams skating around, doing absolutely nothing each game.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
I wanted him for the last two years. He is not the big enforcer type but he has no problem being one. Plus he can at least go up and down the wing as good as Glass. Nobody has their head on a swivel when our fourth line comes over the boards. Weak just weak.
Who are you talking about?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I don't know much about McLaren. He seems to be a pure goon. Same can be said for Orr, but he plays at least as well as Glass, and is a lot better fighter. Personally I'd rather have Chris Neil than all four of those guys.
well ya. Chris Neil is a better player.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

Quote:
On no, a penalty! I'm sure they'll lose a lot of sleep killing off a whole 2 minutes, especially if it knocks someone out of the game. They didn't seem too worried about penalties when they whooped up on Montreal a few weeks ago huh?

You must really enjoy the spectacle and pageantry of watching Tanner Glass and Craig Adams skating around, doing absolutely nothing each game.
I'll agree Glass isn't doing jack **** out there, but Adams is awesome, and at least they both serve a purpose other than MacIntyre's "Hey guys im big, I bet you won't fight me lol".

Closed Thread