HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
  #1
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Practice

Practice lines were the same as the game last night, with the exception of Boyle taking Bickel's spot on the 4th line and Bickel going back on d. This is from reports from various reporters tweeting at the practice.

Quote:
Roman Hamrlik won't be in #NYR lineup tomorrow vs. #Caps. Says he's sad not to face old team but knows his conditioning need work.
I didn't see much of who was playing with who on D, but sounds like Bickel and Gilroy were switching in and out. I really hope Torts plays Gilroy with Eminger, the speed of Gilroy will be needed against the Caps. I also don't trust Bickel ever on the ice, especially on D.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
  #2
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,448
vCash: 500
What the flying **** is Stu Bickel doing on defense? He definately has some inside information on Torts.

Why is the Hags-Step-Nash line broken up? Enough with the Richards favoritism. He has to work himself out of the slump, not have our two best wingers do it for him.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
  #3
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
I'll kill myself if Bickel is playing D and put Stepan back with Nash and Hags! Torts you're a ****ing idiot!

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:58 PM
  #4
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
What the flying **** is Stu Bickel doing on defense? He definately has some inside information on Torts.

Why is the Hags-Step-Nash line broken up? Enough with the Richards favoritism. He has to work himself out of the slump, not have our two best wingers do it for him.
its not that big of a deal having Hamrlik get some conditioning in although I dont understand why he needs it since he should of been practicing with WSH all yr and got into a few games.

Agreed no idea why Hagelin ,Stepan,Nash is broken up, at the same time Richards and Nash scored last game

Bickel on D is stupid, Gilroy should play if Hamrlik is not.

I will just keep praying Bickel is dealt at the deadline

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:23 PM
  #5
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
  #6
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
What the flying **** is Stu Bickel doing on defense? He definately has some inside information on Torts.

Why is the Hags-Step-Nash line broken up? Enough with the Richards favoritism. He has to work himself out of the slump, not have our two best wingers do it for him.
I don't think it's really Richards favoritism, but more of Stepan having the magic touch of reviving slumping players. You don't want to break up Hags and Nash, and you want Gaby to get back into his groove, so getting him on the same line as Steps makes sense. I personally wouldn't break up the Hags-Step-Nash line but you could certainly see the logic behind it.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
  #7
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,855
vCash: 500
Maybe Torts took a picture of his dong while wearing crocs and sent it to Bickel.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
  #8
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I don't think it's really Richards favoritism, but more of Stepan having the magic touch of reviving slumping players. You don't want to break up Hags and Nash, and you want Gaby to get back into his groove, so getting him on the same line as Steps makes sense. I personally wouldn't break up the Hags-Step-Nash line but you could certainly see the logic behind it.
I understand the logic, but there is better ways of implementing the change. You let the lines work out as is, and then as the game progressed(hopefully with a significant lead)you make line adjustments.

Torts, instead, takes Richards(who hadn't played two games)and throws him on the first line with Nash.

Now, its probably going to take at least a couple games(if it works at all)for that line to start to getting its timing. Meanwhile, we run the risk of losing crucial points...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:50 PM
  #9
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I understand the logic, but there is better ways of implementing the change. You let the lines work out as is, and then as the game progressed(hopefully with a significant lead)you make line adjustments.

Torts, instead, takes Richards(who hadn't played two games)and throws him on the first line with Nash.

Now, its probably going to take at least a couple games(if it works at all)for that line to start to getting its timing. Meanwhile, we run the risk of losing crucial points...
I agree that there may be better ways of implementing the change, but it's worked so far, hasn't it? Richards, in his first game back, scored a goal and was on the ice during Nash's goal. It's not like the change has been hurting us. It's too early to tell so why not see how it plays out?

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
  #10
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I agree that there may be better ways of implementing the change, but it's worked so far, hasn't it? Richards, in his first game back, scored a goal and was on the ice during Nash's goal. It's not like the change has been hurting us. It's too early to tell so why not see how it plays out?
Not really, none of their goals were from really creating off of zone possession. In fact, they really didn't do much of anything most of the game.

The 2nd line, while they were able to get possession, looked a bit out of synch..

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
  #11
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,580
vCash: 500
bickel to defense, boyle to 4th who takes the 3rd line spot?

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM
  #12
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
bickel to defense, boyle to 4th who takes the 3rd line spot?
Well, like last game its going to be Pyatt-Miller-Powe.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:09 PM
  #13
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,663
vCash: 300
Torts can really be a joke sometimes.

Bickel on D when you have Eminger, Gilroy, and Hamrlik? I just don't understand the thought process.

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  #14
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Well, like last game its going to be Pyatt-Miller-Powe.
wow i forgot all about powe shame on me

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  #15
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Torts can really be a joke sometimes.

Bickel on D when you have Eminger, Gilroy, and Hamrlik? I just don't understand the thought process.
To be fair, Bickel may not be playing. It may just be where he was practicing. I wouldn't be shocked if its Gilroy/Eminger next game...

Course with Torts you never know...

I can at least see why Hamrlik isn't playing. He really does need some conditioning stints. Dude is really out of shape...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:17 PM
  #16
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Torts can really be a joke sometimes.

Bickel on D when you have Eminger, Gilroy, and Hamrlik? I just don't understand the thought process.
Considering he barely plays when he's in the lineup my theory is he says some great jokes on the bench or something.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:29 PM
  #17
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
I have no problem with Stepan playing with Callahan and Gaborik especially with Richards playing well with Hagelin and Nash. Step's line played pretty well yesterday. He's become a player who brings the best out of his linemates.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #18
rocketxav9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
what's the latest on staal ?

rocketxav9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
  #19
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketxav9 View Post
what's the latest on staal ?
Not much has been said. My guess his eye is pretty swollen and the swelling needs to go down enough. My guess when I hear he was alright was relief for him as a person and player and i'd say a week or 2, but everyone heals differently so you just don't know which is why his status needs to be indefinite.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
  #20
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Considering he barely plays when he's in the lineup my theory is he says some great jokes on the bench or something.
im guessing that Bickel is a future family member with Torts or Sather.. maybe he is dating one of the family

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
  #21
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
im guessing that Bickel is a future family member with Torts or Sather.. maybe he is dating one of the family
Yeah but then he'd probably play top line minutes. Torts puts him in the lineup and sits him on the bench the whole game.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
  #22
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'll kill myself if Bickel is playing D and put Stepan back with Nash and Hags! Torts you're a ****ing idiot!
totally agree! NUFF SAID. Don't fix something that aint broke and that first line was doing fine. Ughh

And Bickel does not belong here. Guarantee Bickel plays around 4-6 minutes and rest of D men have to pick up the load and wear themselves out.
Gilroy is no charm but I would take him over Bickel without blinking an eye.

TORTSSSS

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
  #23
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 400
What's even scarier to me than Bickel playing as the 6th-7th D-man with Hammy out, is D. Powe on the THIRD line.

Now that is something to behold. Watch out gentlemen! Going to be a 3rd line with 4th liners on every other team in the league. How are we going to send out a 4th line after sending out our 3rd?

5 4 Fighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
  #24
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 400
This is what I would personally run

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller/Halpern-Callahan
Haley-Boyle/Powe/Asham/Mashinter.

No more Bickel, no more Gilroy on a 4th line, no more Newbury, no more Seagal, what's next Torts? Hamrlik?

Would be an ideal situation to get Zuccarello back on this team so we have more LW depth. You know it's bad when you have 2 4th lines.

I really miss our depth.

5 4 Fighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
  #25
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
What's even scarier to me than Bickel playing as the 6th-7th D-man with Hammy out, is D. Powe on the THIRD line.

Now that is something to behold. Watch out gentlemen! Going to be a 3rd line with 4th liners on every other team in the league. How are we going to send out a 4th line after sending out our 3rd?
On the bright side . . .

Pyatt - Miller - Powe
Boyle - Halpern - Haley

. . . is an astronomical improvement over what we were running a few games ago with . . .

Pyatt - Boyle - Powe
Bickel - Halpern - Haley

At least it looks like we might be trying to score on the third line now.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.