HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LI - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Jets are close from either 3rd or 8th, when was the last time all eastern canadian teams made the playoffs? I'm 22yrs old and I can't remember a season when it happened.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
This. RNH isnt the same since his shoulder surgury, Taylor Hall had a pretty serious injury too.. As you said those kids arent surrounded well enough.. too much responsabilities at a so young age isnt sane, they are exposed big time..
RNH was NHL ready for sure. I'm not sure how you keep him down. He was great last year. Injuries are going to happen to every player and you can't plan for it.

Their kids are actually doing pretty well. The team is losing despite their play not because of it. Quebec (Colorado) went through the same thing. The club has to stay patient. And getting some help on the D is essential.

They need some role players in the form of Brandon Prust/Rob Scuderi type players.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:05 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
RNH was NHL ready for sure. I'm not sure how you keep him down. He was great last year. Injuries are going to happen to every player and you can't plan for it.

Their kids are actually doing pretty well. The team is losing despite their play not because of it. Quebec (Colorado) went through the same thing. The club has to stay patient. And getting some help on the D is essential.

They need some role players in the form of Brandon Prust/Rob Scuderi type players.
That team will eventually turn it around, because the advantage of high draft picks is just too massive. Imagine if they add Lindholm or Jones to the talent they already have.

But they will need new management if they are to become a stanley cup contender rather than a perennial pretender like whatever team Joe Thornton plays on.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:36 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Because they only know how to lose. That's not a hockey team, that's the HFboards dream team, a paper tiger. They're slackers; they've been expected to lose for too long. That's what tanking does, it sucks the "compete" out of athletes.
What a bunch of nonsense.
Quote:

Agreed. Anyone counting Oil out is in for a shock. They will be fantastic the next 5-7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
That team will eventually turn it around, because the advantage of high draft picks is just too massive. Imagine if they add Lindholm or Jones to the talent they already have.

But they will need new management if they are to become a stanley cup contender rather than a perennial pretender like whatever team Joe Thornton plays on.
Again. Agreed. There is a wish on his board that multiple high picks will not turn out for the Oil. These picks will turn out. Seen it before, and we will see it again.

Give any half decent GM 3 years from this year, and the Oilers will be a contender the next 5 years after.

It's laughable to count them out, and I will be the first to say told you so.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
What a bunch of nonsense.

Agreed. Anyone counting Oil out is in for a shock. They will be fantastic the next 5-7 years.

Again. Agreed. There is a wish on his board that multiple high picks will not turn out for the Oil. These picks will turn out. Seen it before, and we will see it again.

Give any half decent GM 3 years from this year, and the Oilers will be a contender the next 5 years after.

It's laughable to count them out, and I will be the first to say told you so.
If nothing else, this prives that "tanking" as a strategy is dumb. Once you go to the bottom as a team it's a hard road back to the top. Phoenix, Columbus, Florida are other examples of failure breeding failure.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
sheed36

Oh joy.. NHL Network as the NESN feed and I get to listen to Jack Edwards today..

Old
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

RNH was nhl ready but he isn't ready to be a #1 centre on a terrible nhl team. He is getting destroyed out there every night. The kids aren't "doing well" they are barely creating anything while trying these dumb "hail mary" plays, it is embarrassing and a great way to stunt development. Do you even watch the team? No one who has seen them would say "they are failing in spite of playing well".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Ya sure just 5 more top 5 picks, then 5 years of development and maybe they will do something a couple years after that. No that management can't make a decent move, its drafting after the top pick is HORRIBLE. They can't surround their best players with anything but garbage and that will lead to a perpetual rebuild. Total incompetence in that franchise, it is only a matter of time before the owner gets fed up and sends them all packing.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
sheed36

2-0 Bruins.. 2 Goals in less than 2 minutes.

EDIT.. Make that 3-0 Bruins. 3 goals in 2:18.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
lol bryzgalov....

Old
03-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Gustave

Philly's D looking good as usual.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Small proof that the success in the AHL is not exactly the success in the NHL.....Caron needs the challenge to keep up with the play. As stupid as it sounds, he's more a NHL Player than a AHL one.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Philly succeeded in destroying their team. Not being able to use their assets in Carter and Richards to find a goalie. Not being able to see that JVR was MUCH more needed and had to be used more, letting Giroux taking care of everything and so on. That's what happen when a team panics when in reality they were on the right path.

Can't say I'm sorry though...Couldn't care less about this pathetic team, with that whining coach and this stupid GM.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
sheed36

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already but how much longer before the Holmgren lets shake things up trade since that's his style..

Old
03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Philly succeeded in destroying their team. Not being able to use their assets in Carter and Richards to find a goalie. Not being able to see that JVR was MUCH more needed and had to be used more, letting Giroux taking care of everything and so on. That's what happen when a team panics when in reality they were on the right path.

Can't say I'm sorry though...Couldn't care less about this pathetic team, with that whining coach and this stupid GM.
Should start trading with them if they want to give away all their talent.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Should start trading with them if they want to give away all their talent.
Agreed, I wonder if Simmonds would be available

Old
03-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Muminek

6-0 or more?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Muminek

I`m watching NHL channel or centre or whatever, now my question is, why am I hearing Edwards` bleating?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Small proof that the success in the AHL is not exactly the success in the NHL.....Caron needs the challenge to keep up with the play. As stupid as it sounds, he's more a NHL Player than a AHL one.
Caron is a bad 1st rounder. He'll have a solid career on a bottom 6 but never be a core player.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

I will never know why/how Bryz got that contract. I always thought of him as a poor starting goaltender who was very shaky and prone to streaks.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Jets are close from either 3rd or 8th, when was the last time all eastern canadian teams made the playoffs? I'm 22yrs old and I can't remember a season when it happened.
Leafs won't make it this year.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If nothing else, this prives that "tanking" as a strategy is dumb. Once you go to the bottom as a team it's a hard road back to the top. Phoenix, Columbus, Florida are other examples of failure breeding failure.
It's not proof of anything.

Guys like you used to point to Chicago, LA and Pittsburgh as examples of rebuilding not working.

These guys are just starting their NHL careers for Pete's sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
RNH was nhl ready but he isn't ready to be a #1 centre on a terrible nhl team. He is getting destroyed out there every night. The kids aren't "doing well" they are barely creating anything while trying these dumb "hail mary" plays, it is embarrassing and a great way to stunt development. Do you even watch the team? No one who has seen them would say "they are failing in spite of playing well".
Hall and Gagner are scoring at a point per game pace. Schultz is a Calder candidate. RNH was great last season before getting hurt. He has struggled but to be fair he's still created a lot of chances. He'll turn it around, if not this year then next. And RNH is not alone... he's got Sam Gagner there to help out.

Again, the club is failing in spite of these guys not because of them. Those players aren't being ruined dude....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Ya sure just 5 more top 5 picks, then 5 years of development and maybe they will do something a couple years after that. No that management can't make a decent move, its drafting after the top pick is HORRIBLE. They can't surround their best players with anything but garbage and that will lead to a perpetual rebuild. Total incompetence in that franchise, it is only a matter of time before the owner gets fed up and sends them all packing.
Their management sucks. I wouldn't disagree with that at all. If they manage to add Seth Jones this year though? Team is going to be ridiculous for a long, long time.

Edmonton should just play out the year and see how it goes. Come draft time I'd do everything I could to trade up. They'll probably have another top 5 or 6 pick. I'd deal that pick plus maybe a 2nd and/or something else to move up. If they add Jones, he'll be the last piece of that rebuild. Then you hit the FA market and try to get depth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Leafs won't make it this year.
I think they make it this year. Ottawa has to slow down at some point, no way Anderson keeps that hot. And the injuries are crazy over there. We'll see I guess.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Caron is a bad 1st rounder. He'll have a solid career on a bottom 6 but never be a core player.
If Caron is a bad 1st rounder....can't be sure what to label Leblanc...Yet, that is 2009. How many forwards will end up having more success than Caron that was picked later? Not that much. We'll have to wait with Caron. All they need, like every prospect, is playing time and confidence. And there's nothing better than to play in a winning team for years to come.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I remember when people on this board were envious of Philly and their constant reactive moves.

It's nice when you have a GM able to take risks, but not risks for the sake of risks.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
If Caron is a bad 1st rounder....can't be sure what to label Leblanc...Yet, that is 2009. How many forwards will end up having more success than Caron that was picked later? Not that much. We'll have to wait with Caron. All they need, like every prospect, is playing time and confidence. And there's nothing better than to play in a winning team for years to come.
Besides O'Reilly in Colorado, not many.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I remember when people on this board were envious of Philly and their constant reactive moves.

It's nice when you have a GM able to take risks, but not risks for the sake of risks.
Well they might have made some good moves. But not addressing the goalie one was incredibly dumb and being fired material. ESPECIALLY with key players like Richards and Carter who in the end ended up winning a cup later one.

That move made me think of what the Habs did when Koivu joined the Habs.....slowly but surely pushing everybody out as a C from Turgeon to Damphousse to make room for Koivu and yet...just not being able to get the guys needed to Koivu to make it a competitive team. Just what Philly needed was a goalie. I know the Pronger lost played big as well. But they also had time to adapt after it happened. And letting Giroux deal with everything offensive is exactly that.....offensive.

Closed Thread