HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to New Jersey

Old
03-09-2013, 11:43 AM
lucscaps

vCash: 500
can't many pick's going the wild way, the devils are already without they're 3, 5 and 7 and are hosting the draft.

nothing like hosting and not drafting.

lucscaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:07 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Eklund saying the Wild want Tallinder + 1st + Urbom/Teddy/Matteau for Heatley.

I doubt Lou would even dream about trading our first but a Tallinder and Teddy package has me listening
Yeah, not a chance Heatley gets a first, let alone a first+ , certainly not in this year's draft. And NJ in particular would be silly to deal a first rounder for him if it was in 2013 or 2014, as it means that their decision as to which year's pick to forfeit would be made for them, and they wouldn't (barring acquiring one in a trade) have a first round pick until 2015. By the way, given the depth of this year's draft, is the consensus feeling on the Devils' board that they will give up their 2014 first?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Yeah, not a chance Heatley gets a first, let alone a first+ , certainly not in this year's draft. And NJ in particular would be silly to deal a first rounder for him if it was in 2013 or 2014, as it means that their decision as to which year's pick to forfeit would be made for them, and they wouldn't (barring acquiring one in a trade) have a first round pick until 2015. By the way, given the depth of this year's draft, is the consensus feeling on the Devils' board that they will give up their 2014 first?
Yup, the fact it's supposed to be deep, and NJ is hosting this year, might play a part in it as well. Also, for this year NJ has already traded a few picks, 3rd, 5th & 7th. Give up the 1st this year and it's down to 3 picks, 2nd, 4th & 6th.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Heatley is a guy on a bad contract through next year, and is very much in decline, which is no knock on him. It's just he's a guy who is well into his 30s now who has been in the league for awhile and is pretty much a one dimensional player. Devils might consider him because there is major concern with how the lines are functioning and they need somebody else who can put the puck in the net.

I just don't see Lou dealing with the Wild to help them clear cap space unless it is advantageous to the Devils. Also while they have a lot of cap space coming off over the next two years, aren't likely to spend all that near the Cap any time in the future. I think Lou would rather keep his options open to make a move in the offseason if he has to, rather than lock in that much money with no idea on whether Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus can all come back.

I know Lou liked Heatley enough that at one point the Thrashers and Devils had discussed a deal around Scott Gomez back a 12 yrs ago, but that was a long long time ago.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
fearthetrap

Fletcher said no truth to rumors via Russo.

fearthetrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthetrap View Post
Agent Allen Walsh dismissed them, too, by saying how amazing it was that a teenager in his parents' basement could make up a trade rumor that so many want to believe.

03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
No way Heatley gets all that. He has 13 points in 22 games playing with Koivu and Parise, basically same quality line mates as he will have in NJ (Zajac, Kovy).

Heatley for Tallinder and nothing else.

4th liner Ryan Carter is scoring at nearly the same rate as him.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
Whats soo surprising ??? Koivu is better then Zajac and Kovy is better then Parise

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
grN1g

what about Heatley with a reduced cap hit? if we're out of the playoffs i could see the wild eating a chunk of salary in an attempt to raise his value.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
what about Heatley with a reduced cap hit? if we're out of the playoffs i could see the wild eating a chunk of salary in an attempt to raise his value.
If the Wild are willing to take like 2-3 million, I would be all over this . I would add like a good D prospect or a mid round pick if the Wild are willing to take on some cap

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Of course the GM would deny it. You expect him to say front out that this team would get Heatley and we can expect a mutual deal to be made within the next upcoming days?

Come on. We are smarter then that. Lou isn't the type of GM to "leak potential deals" either...

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Yep.
Quote:
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

#mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher on all the Dany Heatley to #devils rumors: "Zero truth," before laughing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Of course the GM would deny it. You expect him to say front out that this team would get Heatley and we can expect a mutual deal to be made within the next upcoming days?

Come on. We are smarter then that. Lou isn't the type of GM to "leak potential deals" either...
So our GM denies while laughing it off, and Lou doesn't leak. Sounds like a non-story rumor to me. Fletcher has shown to the Wild fans that he is a man of his word. So if there was trade talk with Heatley he would probably at least be evasive with his reply.
/rumor

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote