HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

Old
03-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Tambo and Lowe need to go.

Team needs a culture change, it seems there is no compete. Guys have given up. I think only 4 or 5 guys on this team give a **** about winning and even they have looked deflated and defeated lately.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Food for thought...

On the Coyotes board there is discussion that both coach Tippett and GMDM have their contracts expire this season. It is almost a certainty now the team is moving next season - most speculation seems to point to Seattle. A new owner almost certainly will want to pick their own management team.

Would you want Tippett and/or Maloney in charge of the Oilers?
Yes, at this point anybody body Tamblowe. Hell, I'd be willing to give a **** throwing monkey a chance ... it couldn't do any worse than these clowns. In fact, how could anybody do worse than last, last, last .....

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
HotToddy

Anybody interested in organizing a campaign to raise funds for a billboard or two

I'm thinking a simple white background with the words #FireLowe

I'll kick in funds

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Rafters

The lack of moves in the offseason pretty much proved that this year was still part of the re-build in the eyes of Management.....I find it very hard to believe that our current management group could honestly think that this team was a true playoff contender .....Lowe and MacT have been part of championship teams as players and management ....no way Tambo could be this dense and still be in the NHL for as long as he has ......I have to believe that this is the last year we see management sit on there hands the plan all,along was to be a cup contender as we move into the new arena....but I don't think management thought they would be this bad

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
So now it went from he said it himself to "he's the President of Hockey Ops so he must did it". Got it, that's exactly what I was getting at.

And again, like I said, I don't give any of them a free pass.. I'd fire the whole crew.. just checking to see if you were floating ******** out there like many here do, and it seems you were.
It was in last year's Oil Change. Both were talking about their roles. Can't remember which episode, but Lowe was driving while being interviewed on a scouting trip. Tambo said it in that episode. IIRC.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:13 PM
stangconv

So how do we get this done. Anyone know anyway to get ahold of Katz? If he ran Rexall the way this team is being run, he'd be bankrupt.

stangconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Don't look now, but the Oil are 8 minutes away from the western conference basement again.

Columbus 3 Detroit 0

Well done.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Nothing is getting changed.

Lowe has a job for life

Mact has a job as long as Lowe has a job.

Tambo is likely perceived as doing perfectly fine job as the fanbase punching bag by the two guys above him.

You guys want changes but want to stay an Oilers fan? You'll have to come up with the cash to buy the team then, anything else is just in the realm of fantasy, wishful thinking, and pure venting.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
So how do we get this done. Anyone know anyway to get ahold of Katz? If he ran Rexall the way this team is being run, he'd be bankrupt.
except drugs and mundane consumer goods basically sell themselves.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

15th in the West.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Don't look now, but the Oil are 8 minutes away from the western conference basement again.

Columbus 3 Detroit 0

Well done.
fine with that. a shot at Seth Jones is more important right now than pride. this season is toast. take the "reward".

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
stangconv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
fine with that. a shot at Seth Jones is more important right now than pride. this season is toast. take the "reward".
How long do we just keep doing that for? I wasn't expecting playoffs, I was hoping for an improvement though.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
And just think, if the lockout went on the entire year, we'd be picking in the 20-30 range. Maybe the only good thing to come of this season...

Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
The only way to "get this done" is to quit showing up to games. The team has finished 30-30-29 and have sold out every game. What incentive is there for Katz to make a change?

cyril* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

28th in the league, improvement

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:56 PM
stangconv

Can someone seriously start a www.firelowe.ca web page? Add a donate via PayPal option and try and get it viral? I'll kick in $30 for the domain and the first donation. Then we can rent a billboard and radio space.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
elpol
Re-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Food for thought...

On the Coyotes board there is discussion that both coach Tippett and GMDM have their contracts expire this season. It is almost a certainty now the team is moving next season - most speculation seems to point to Seattle. A new owner almost certainly will want to pick their own management team.

Would you want Tippett and/or Maloney in charge of the Oilers?
Over our current regime? In a heartbeat.

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:16 PM
elpol
Re-Registered User

@Columbus - Boy, though it's early into the JD era, it can't go unnoticed at what difference it is when accountability is demanded and expected by the top. I'm almost willing to do an avatar bet that the Bluejackets will become a playoff team before the Oil get there.

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpol View Post
@Columbus - Boy, though it's early into the JD era, it can't go unnoticed at what difference it is when accountability is demanded and expected by the top. I'm almost willing to do an avatar bet that the Bluejackets will become a playoff team before the Oil get there.
Isnt Columbus in 14th in the West. There is ZERO, good or bad , that you can credit Davidson with at this point.

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:21 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ive heard/seen him say it. If that isnt good enough for you then that's your prerogative. Im not going to spend time looking for it. Others have heard/seen it too. Im not making this up.
I'll back you up till your nose bleeds IATL, I heard Tambo say that he needs to check with Lowe before he proceeds with any player personnel decisions. I am not talented to find a link for the quote though. Sorry to all you non-believers.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:24 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Isnt Columbus in 14th in the West. There is ZERO, good or bad , that you can credit Davidson with at this point.
they were expected to finish DFL by a mile...they play hard, work hard and get the most of their talent

JD hasn't done much except fire the GM (smart move) but accountability comes from the top...JD proved it in St. Louis and now he's got that team working HARD

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Tambo and Lowe need to go.

Team needs a culture change, it seems there is no compete. Guys have given up. I think only 4 or 5 guys on this team give a **** about winning and even they have looked deflated and defeated lately.
they needed to go two years ago.
30th, 30th, 29th and now 29th again, one point from LAST.
a historically bad and mis-managed team.

this was the year the team was supposed to step forward and show that continued development, and have it reflect in the standings. instead, the team has sunk to the bottom of the toilet. again.

and Katz is probably doing nothing but counting the money stupid oiler fans have given him.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:12 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
I'll back you up till your nose bleeds IATL, I heard Tambo say that he needs to check with Lowe before he proceeds with any player personnel decisions. I am not talented to find a link for the quote though. Sorry to all you non-believers.
I wouldn't even bother trying to convince people to be honest. If they don't want to believe something they never will with 14 references put in front of their noses.

Katz is top of the pyramid and if he didn't give the ok for the burn down and slow, painful, patient, methodical rebuild... no way this org would be doing it. Everyone WOULD have been fired by now if Katz wasn't fully onboard and a part of that plan from the very beginning.

That's why everyone's job is safe. Lowe and Tambo are doing what the boss wants and what was planned all along.

This team was EXPECTED to stink for several years and the goal was 4-6 years down the road from the Hall draft to be a contender once again. Here we are, middle of Year 3... still a stinky team.. as expected.

Now I don't doubt that upper management and Katz felt that the team should have been progressing "slightly" faster... very likely 4 straight basement finishes wasn't exactly in the cards... but then again the moves they have made haven't been designed to accelerate the rebuild. It's all steady as she goes until they develop from within and improve organically.

For the 1st time in this rebuild I think management may RIGHT NOW... be rethinking their original plan and whether it's probable that the plan they devised may not have been as valid as they originally thought. Whether nearly 100% internal development and slow growth of their roster through developing their drafted prospects with only minimal established veteran support was an excellent idea.

Many of their draft picks have either busted or been underwhelming.

Pitlick/Hamilton/Martindale/... face it... busts or at least MUCH lower ceilings than they thought they had when drafted.

Marincin/Musil/Klefbom/Gernat/Teubert... developing but obviously some time away from contributing.

At the NHL level... Hartikainen/MPS/Lander... much slower in developing than they likely thought and likely all lower ceilings than initially thought as well.

Their vets on the roster have also obviously been underwhelming... not just this year but last as well Horcoff/Smyth/Belanger/Eager/Petrell/Whitney.... none have really stood out as solid consistent veteran contributors... at times yes but not consistently and not as a group.

Players like Smid/Petry/NSchultz have been good at times but more often mediocre... inconsistent.

I think you can call out management on their veteran additions and the scouts on their drafting prowess. You can't call them out on their determination to stick to the original plan though. They haven't swayed from that path and they are going to live or die by that by the looks of it.

Their moves this summer will reveal whether they are going to radically move from the go-slow, development-from-within philosophy towards.... ****... this isn't working, let's try something else.

I think they will make some changes... firing Tambo/Krueger would be optics to appease the rioting masses calling for change... getting true established high quality veteran support for the roster would be a REAL deviation from the path they have been on. Depending on the moves (and whether they pan out) that could either blow up this rebuild process and send the team into perpetual 9-12th place finishes (aka wandering in the desert)... or accelerate the process and send the team into playoff contention.

Personally I don't think they will stray far from the patient path they are on but the power of angry mobs of fans can change plans in a hurry so anything is possible.

I am sure of one thing... Katz and management DOES want a perennial contender... they aren't going through all of this for the hell of it, they believe it's the strongest, surest path towards long term contention. They have up until now intentionally stayed away from acquiring major pieces... in essence allowing the team to sink or swim on its own.

I would guess that they never really had a strong plan B worked out if this slow rebuild process ever turned into a bust... but if they didn't, I bet they are furiously working on devising one right now.

Last edited by nexttothemoon: 03-09-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToddy View Post
Anybody interested in organizing a campaign to raise funds for a billboard or two

I'm thinking a simple white background with the words #FireLowe

I'll kick in funds
I'd throw money in as well, what kind of price point would we be looking at to get one near Rexall for a month? I'm more interested in firing Tambellini than Lowe, but upper management definitely needs to be removed probably best to just clean the whole $*!t show out all at once.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'd throw money in as well, what kind of price point would we be looking at to get one near Rexall for a month? I'm more interested in firing Tambellini than Lowe, but upper management definitely needs to be removed probably best to just clean the whole $*!t show out all at once.
Everyone has to go. If only Tambo goes, MacT replaces him and we go another 5 years...Gotta clean house if nothing else is done here very quickly.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote