HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Boyle

Old
03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Looks like to be on the outs with the Rangers. Would not be suprised if this is a player Mike Gillis would inquire about prior to deadline.
if they plan to do ghostbusters 4 where the son of the stay puft man comes back to seek revenge, mabey. Everywhere else, not so much.

people look at him, see he's a giant and get excited then they watch him play. charmin soft.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
He was a healthy scratch last night. He has played 19 games and produced 1 assist. Tortarella has publicly stated he is not happy with Boyles play this season. Here are the facts, was curious about value, sounds like Ranger fans are still high on him.
no most Ranger fans want to dump him. He makes too much for a guy producing like a 4th liner.

Rupp is paid 1.5 and they found a market for him and got Powe who is a much speedier player and he makes less at 1 million per

I would hope for the same return. Nothing big but someone cheaper, 1 yr left on the deal or a average rental and late pick like a 5th

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
no most Ranger fans want to dump him. He makes too much for a guy producing like a 4th liner.

Rupp is paid 1.5 and they found a market for him and got Powe who is a much speedier player and he makes less at 1 million per

I would hope for the same return. Nothing big but someone cheaper, 1 yr left on the deal or a average rental and late pick like a 5th
Wandell + a late pick from Dallas?

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Looks like to be on the outs with the Rangers. Would not be suprised if this is a player Mike Gillis would inquire about prior to deadline.
TORTS is a jackass in every way. Boyle is clearly in the doghouse. I expect him to be gone at the deadline.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
kack zassian

Something based around Maxim Lapierre?

Our 3rd/4th line center for your 3rd/4th line center?

kack zassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Lol well the OP says he is on the outs and your saying he is still values from the Rangers which is it?

I believe he is still signed next year as well at 1.7mill.
1 person says he's on the outs and you believe him?

Players get scratched. Torts has benched Gaborik. Richards. Del Zotto. Everyone.

OP isn't even a Rangers fan.

And Boyle "is still values from the Rangers". They're not going to move him just to move him.

Quote:
He was a healthy scratch last night. He has played 19 games and produced 1 assist. Tortarella has publicly stated he is not happy with Boyles play this season. Here are the facts, was curious about value, sounds like Ranger fans are still high on him.
Some of us are. Some of us aren't. Fact is, Sather isn't going to move Boyle unless the trade improves his team. So far, I haven't seen a proposal for Boyle that would do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
people look at him, see he's a giant and get excited then they watch him play. charmin soft.
Boyle's currently ranked 9th amongst all NHL forwards in hits.

11th last season.

9th the year before.

Over his last 183 games, Boyle's been credited with 552 hits. There are only a handful of players in the world that have taken the body more than Boyle over the last three seasons.

Charmin' soft, you say? How foolish.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
Wandell + a late pick from Dallas?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Something based around Maxim Lapierre?

Our 3rd/4th line center for your 3rd/4th line center?
Nope.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Barnaby

He hits a lot. He just doesn't throw the bone crushing hits or fight, so some people get frustrated. He's a load for defensemen to handle down low as well... He's done well in the playoffs because tired defensemen have trouble with him... With that said, he's been a black hole with the puck this year. I'd trade him, but it would have to improve the Rangers - not a lateral move...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Boyle can hit, kill penalties, blocks shots and is a stud in the circle, he is at 57% this season. These skills are valued especially in the playoffs. He will command a good value at the deadline IF Sather decides to trade him.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Whomever said Boyle is vanilla doesn't know what they are talking about. Boyle doesn't backdown from anyone.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
mrinsane

Kaberle vs Boyle from the Habs

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Kaberle vs Boyle from the Habs
No thanks. I wouldn't take Kaberle for free. Nothing against the player, he is not a good fit in the Rangers D and his contract is ugly.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'll never forget Brian Boyle's scouting report from Red Line for the 2003 Draft Guide.

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."

Boyle is such an enigma.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'll never forget Brian Boyle's scouting report from Red Line for the 2003 Draft Guide.

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."

Boyle is such an enigma.
No he is not.
Boyle is the perfect 4C, can get bumped up to 3C in late game situations to protect a lead and take important dzone face offs, will pot 10 goals.
If you expect anything more, you are the enigma.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
No he is not.
Boyle is the perfect 4C, can get bumped up to 3C in late game situations to protect a lead and take important dzone face offs, will pot 10 goals.
If you expect anything more, you are the enigma.
What are you, his agent? There's a reason why he's been a healthy scratch, because he's an enigma, meaning you don't know what type of performance you are going to get out of him. If he's such an important piece to the Rangers, why isn't he being used? Explain that to me.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What are you, his agent? There's a reason why he's been a healthy scratch, because he's an enigma, meaning you don't know what type of performance you are going to get out of him. If he's such an important piece to the Rangers, why isn't he being used? Explain that to me.
He has been a healthy scratch 4 games this season, because Torts, as stubborn as he is, wants Boyle to contribute more offensively.
If Boyle had better hands, he would be a 2/3C tweener, but he doesn't. He has other skills mentioned earlier that make him a better fit on the 4th line.

Many of us think that Boyle is unfairly singled out for benching to send a message to other struggling "stars", who frankly should be benched themselves IMO.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He has been pretty uninspired and slow this season.

When he's on his game, he's a hard-nosed 3rd line center that will chip in with about 10 goals, but he's been struggling all year. I don't know if it's because of the lockout and his lack of conditioning, or if he's just not putting in the effort - either way, he has been ghastly this year, coming from one of his biggest supporters over the past 3 seasons.

Rangers fans have gotten on him heavily, and rightly so. Honestly, though, I don't think I'd trade him at this point. If I were the Rangers, I'd keep him on the 4th line, give him the summer to try and get into better shape, and give him one more chance, because, if he does start playing like he is capable of, the Rangers will have great depth at center moving forward. He's still only 28 years old.

im pissed that Boyle gets chance after chance and then Kreider makes one mistake and gets scratched or sent down... he is part of the future.. Boyle not so much. he is replaceable... just like Betts and D.Moore was in the past. id take a 2ed round pick for him at this point

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
He hits a lot. He just doesn't throw the bone crushing hits or fight, so some people get frustrated. He's a load for defensemen to handle down low as well... He's done well in the playoffs because tired defensemen have trouble with him... With that said, he's been a black hole with the puck this year. I'd trade him, but it would have to improve the Rangers - not a lateral move...
he does fight just horrible at it for a guy that is 6'7 and it hurts the Rangers momentum more time than not..

Old
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
rockinghockey

Eager for Boyle.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:18 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
im pissed that Boyle gets chance after chance and then Kreider makes one mistake and gets scratched or sent down... he is part of the future.. Boyle not so much. he is replaceable... just like Betts and D.Moore was in the past. id take a 2ed round pick for him at this point
Kreider didn't make 'one' mistake - well, technically, all of his struggles derived from one issue: he never engaged in the play. He was rightfully sent down, he had a good playoffs, but aside from that, he hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. I still think he's going to be a goal scorer at the NHL level, but he still is very raw and has a lot to learn. Max Pacioretty didn't get it right away. It took him awhile in both the NHL and the AHL before he hit his stride, and now he's a 35-40 goal threat. Kredier has that kind of physical talent, but he needs time to understand the pro-game. I've disagreed with a lot of the decisions Tortorella has made this season, but this isn't one I disagree with.

Regarding Boyle, he, unlike Kreider, has been a valuable player in this league. Before his struggles to start the year, he was a top-notch 3rd line center with unique blend of size and defensive ability. He can PK, he hits, and he can chip in goals. It's not happening for him this year, and this is JMO, but I think the lack of a full preseason and training camp has really hampered his game. He looks slower and weaker than last year. He can't keep up with the play, and he doesn't have a ton of skill. Decent hands in front of the net, but aside from that, he's not a puck carrier. What made him effective was his ability to forecheck and possess the puck for long periods of time because of his size and decent skating. He's too slow to do that now. Out of shape. Same thing with Richards. They obviously did not keep up their conditioning during the course of the lockout (although, in Richards case, he was too busy arguing like a child with the owners during the CBA negotiations), and I think that they'll be much improved next year when they're (hopefully) in better shape with a full training camp.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

would you do Boyle for Mike Komisarek???? Rangers lacking toughness that can play more than 5 mins on the 5-6 defense pairings..

Old
03-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
would you do Boyle for Mike Komisarek???? Rangers lacking toughness that can play more than 5 mins on the 5-6 defense pairings..
Komi has 1 more year at 4.5M, I really don't want that caphit on the Rangers.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Jax Teller

Steckel + 5th

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Steckel + 5th

Good one.

Bozak and Rielly?

Old
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
We have plenty of defenseman. Eminger/Gilroy/Hamrlik are the #6 D, and we have 5 NHLers above that. McIlrath should fight for the 6th spot next season. Rather just wait until then.

BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote