HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh @ Toronto | 9th March @ 7:00PM @ Air Canada Center

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Candyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
What is all this McIntyre talk about? He is an ape who has somehow figured out the manual dexterity with which to pick up a stick, but aside from that he brings nothing positive to a team whatsoever.....except for being able to go ******* when he feels like it. And that is not always helpful.

We don't need a goon. We need tough players who can actually play and despite all the negativity towards him around here, I think Glass can actually play.
Besides running around hitting people what exactly does Glass do on the ice?

Old
03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

If we win tonight we'll have an 11 point lead on the Flyers. That sounds good.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Well, considering he is normally on a checking line, hitting people is kind of a job requirement. But I have seen him make some really nice plays, getting people open and making the pass and the like. He also has good hockey sense and knows where he should be on the ice at all times (well, most of the time) and some other players of his ilk are clueless at this. He has more to offer than mindless skating around and hitting. In my opinion anyway.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
That's their job. Get in muck it up and try to keep the puck in the other end.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

The Pens always seem to play the Leafs in situations where there's going to be an emotional let down.

The Leafs aren't the weak team they've been in years past, so they better not sleepwalk through this one.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
sadly that hasn't been happening lately.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
sadly that hasn't been happening lately.
How true.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Candyman

Quote:
Well, considering he is normally on a checking line, hitting people is kind of a job requirement. But I have seen him make some really nice plays, getting people open and making the pass and the like. He also has good hockey sense and knows where he should be on the ice at all times (well, most of the time) and some other players of his ilk are clueless at this. He has more to offer than mindless skating around and hitting. In my opinion anyway.
Well sir you are most certainly entitled to your opinion... but I most definately disgaree. He's been the 2nd worst forward on our team this season next to Kennedy. Literally all he does is run around hitting people, his defensive game is average at best, and him and his line as a whole have had a hard time keeping it out of our own end for some time. and just a side note (i know it's not worth a lot) but he's also the lowest +/- on our team at -8

Old
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM
leafspensfan

this is gonna be a tough game for the Pens, the Leafs aren't gonna go quietly, should be a beauty

Old
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
They say they are working on the 3 on 3 down low in the d-zone, but they sure as hell are not using it in-game. Orpik has stood in front of the net on multiple occasions with nobody he was covering. That's not 3 on 3 at all.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Gonna be honest, I have seen literally none of what you described.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
66-29-33

Nice almost funny stat (Damn Cooke!!!) Goals for...86 (87 if Cooke scored that EN), Goals against 71. Almost Crosby/Malkin.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:42 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
They say they are working on the 3 on 3 down low in the d-zone, but they sure as hell are not using it in-game. Orpik has stood in front of the net on multiple occasions with nobody he was covering. That's not 3 on 3 at all.
They should play D like they used to, what worked to get us the cup. Man on man D. I think you guys call it Man D? It works the rare time we play it.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:44 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Well sir you are most certainly entitled to your opinion... but I most definately disgaree. He's been the 2nd worst forward on our team this season next to Kennedy. Literally all he does is run around hitting people, his defensive game is average at best, and him and his line as a whole have had a hard time keeping it out of our own end for some time. and just a side note (i know it's not worth a lot) but he's also the lowest +/- on our team at -8
All valid points. I just think there is an upside to him (that he showed in Vancouver) that is still there and maybe he is just having a bad run at the moment. I must admit, I have not seen every minute of every game this season, so I may have been missing those times where he has become a traffic cone.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
leafspensfan

I guarantee Kennedy is gone by the deadline...only if we bring in a top option though.

Just a question how is Robidas doing? And would he fit with our needs and the system??

Old
03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
plaidchuck

They release the lineup yet? In practice they had Despres in on the 3rd pair with Engelland.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Hello Newman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
well they should try harder.....1.1 million what a joke.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:51 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

DIE ROSSI die

Old
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Newman View Post
well they should try harder.....1.1 million what a joke.
When matched up against the number one lines of the other team is sort of a mismatch, right?

If anything, stop doing that.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
chethejet

Just saying the Pens fourth line is not good. Vitale should play but Bylsma is a coach more concerned with stick on puck and puck control. You think Boston this year or the flyers last playoffs gave a rats a** about Bylsma's system. They take it right to you and see how you respond. The Pens have Crosby and Malkin and that negates some shortcomings. But Mario wants to win with finesse and skill and not goon tactics. But in order to protect your stars, you do need some guys who take exception to that and will come after your best players. Neil will go after Cooke for hitting Karl. That is what I am suggesting. Adams, Glass, Cooke just aren't tough enough or mean enough.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
They release the lineup yet? In practice they had Despres in on the 3rd pair with Engelland.
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens lineup tonight vs. Leafs: Forwards - Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Bennett-Malkin-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams ...

Defensive pairs: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Despres-Engelland. Fleury starting in net #Pens

Old
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you can't have his stat line and still continue to have a regular job in the NHL. I realize points aren't everything, but when you can't intimidate, can't score and can't set up plays you really should not be an every-game, 10-minutes-a-night player. Sure, a team like the Pens can overcome this, but it's not about overcoming it's about having better fourth-line assets.

I never liked the Glass signing, because it always seemed like a redundant move to me, and nothing has really changed.

Zen Arcade, thanks for providing the info that I unfortunately did not have re: MacIntyre this season. My post was more of a general statement than a post about MacIntyre per se, and I only really speak about MacIntyre because he's our top enforcer candidate.

Although, if Bobby Farnham is going with guys like Jay Rosehill, then I dare say he does have a future in the NHL as an enforcer of some type. But at his size, we will definitely need some help.

Look at Brandon Prust with Montreal this season. They're certainly getting their money's worth with him and he's going with some real heavies (Joe Finley, for instance). But you can't be the only guy, you need help, no matter how tough you are.

Why is Boston so tough? Because it's not one guy, it's two of their best players (Chara and Lucic), plus an enforcer (Thornton), plus some middleweights like Campbell, plus McQuaid who fits somewhere in between those guys, etc.

I just would like to see the team become much much tougher from a philosophical standpoint. Because even I admit adding simply one behemoth won't do anything if the attitude doesn't change first.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
#Pens lineup tonight vs. Leafs: Forwards - Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Bennett-Malkin-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams ...

Defensive pairs: Orpik-Martin Niskanen-Letang Despres-Engelland. Fleury starting in net #Pens
Vitale is scratched AGAIN???? the guy's an awesome 4th liner and has never had a bad game. I don't get it....

Old
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:

Hooray for Deep Ray!

Not that Eaton's been bad at all

Old
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Vitale is scratched AGAIN???? the guy's an awesome 4th liner and has never had a bad game. I don't get it....
He's had several bad games lately, don't let the Church of Vitale brainwash you

Closed Thread