Notices

2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 01:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
As did Irving lastnight. Taylor had to take over after Irving gave up 2 goals on 4 shots.
Taylor probably starts tonight, but it will be interesting to see if Irving or Brust get the start on Sunday.

This is just a bad team the last 3 months. How the hell did they lead the league at one point?
Sven lead the offense once he left the team fell apart.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Sven lead the offense once he left the team fell apart.
And now he's back in the A so maybe things will look up.

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

BTW - it doesn't bode well for your development program when one player's departure drives the main farm team towards the league basement.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
And now he's back in the A so maybe things will look up.

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

BTW - it doesn't bode well for your development program when one player's departure drives the main farm team towards the league basement.
Horak, Reinhart are the only real offensive prospect on that team the rest are ahl vets that Ward loves. It isn't surprising that when you take a teams best player away they go down the toilet I really wish Ward would play an offensive style that would allow young players to thrive.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Horak, Reinhart are the only real offensive prospect on that team the rest are ahl vets that Ward loves. It isn't surprising that when you take a teams best player away they go down the toilet I really wish Ward would play an offensive style that would allow young players to thrive.
Shouldn't development teams play the same style as their parent teams? Hartley has really opened things up so why won't Ward?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Shouldn't development teams play the same style as their parent teams? Hartley has really opened things up so why won't Ward?
Ward is a Sutter style of coach he likes defensive hard nosed hockey teams. Trying to get Ward to change is like trying to get Sutter it just won't happen. The Heat look like they will just miss the playoffs so hopefully that is the end of Ward.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
As did Irving lastnight. Taylor had to take over after Irving gave up 2 goals on 4 shots.
Taylor probably starts tonight, but it will be interesting to see if Irving or Brust get the start on Sunday.

This is just a bad team the last 3 months. How the hell did they lead the league at one point?
Seriously? Watch a damn game or at least the ****ing highlight package before running your mouth. Neither of the goals were Irving's fault, the goaltending change was obviously intended to try and send a message or spark something.

I am so tired of people who don't watch the games form opinions based on nothing more than statistics.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Seriously? Watch a damn game or at least the ****ing highlight package before running your mouth. Neither of the goals were Irving's fault, the goaltending change was obviously intended to try and send a message or spark something.

I am so tired of people who don't watch the games form opinions based on nothing more than statistics.
And I'm getting tired of you running your mouth defending him. Fact is he was pulled, don't try and sugar coat it. It was also so bad that Irving didn't get a sniff during the next 2 games, and Taylor had to play 3 straight days. Sure looks like both the Flames and the Heat have no confidence in him.
And if you are getting tired of people's opinions on a message board, GTFO. I'm getting pretty sick of your arrogant attitude.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1508
Didn't Irving "not get a sniff" because he had the flu?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:43 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What is this another excuse? God I hate when people use facts

Old
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Not unless this "flu" has been for over a week....he started & was pulled Friday, and did not dress Sat or Sun. 3 games were played this weekend.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
And I'm getting tired of you running your mouth defending him. Fact is he was pulled, don't try and sugar coat it. It was also so bad that Irving didn't get a sniff during the next 2 games, and Taylor had to play 3 straight days. Sure looks like both the Flames and the Heat have no confidence in him.
And if you are getting tired of people's opinions on a message board, GTFO. I'm getting pretty sick of your arrogant attitude.
Taylor is their #1 goaltender, what did you expect? The starter coming back and starting doesn't make you right, it just makes you look clueless when you try to use that as a reason for anything. You clearly don't have any clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Heat. Stick to talking about things you might actually know something about, because it sure as heck ain't Abbotsford.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
no that was in the games the Heat allowed 7 goals, he didn't play due to the flu. He didn't play the last 2 games because Taylor is the teams starter and he's back with the team. anyone with any clear thought knew Taylor would be starting 2 of the games this weekend.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Gary83*

Quote:

Seriously? You probably need to relax a bit, pal. No need to be a ******.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:29 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Taylor is their #1 goaltender, what did you expect? The starter coming back and starting doesn't make you right, it just makes you look clueless when you try to use that as a reason for anything. You clearly don't have any clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Heat. Stick to talking about things you might actually know something about, because it sure as heck ain't Abbotsford.
OK mister know it all, you tell me when the last time was a goalie played 3 STRAIGHT DAYS

It don't matter if it's the starter because almost always the goalie gets a break in that situation. The fact Taylor started on Sunday tells me they did not have faith in Brust who was getting lit up lately, or Irving who has the confidence of a nerdy 12 year old. The fact that Irving was pulled on Friday, and then did not even dress for the next 2 games is also very telling.

You may live in Abbotsford, but you sure are not the only one who follows them buddy. I'm not on here all day everyday, nor do I spend each night watching games on my computer because I have a life. But that doesn't mean I don't follow them as well, because I have been a fan of the Flames and their farm system for 30 years.

I've seen you in your short time on this board berate posters for having an opinion, you seem to think you only have the right to comment about anything Flame related. Get off your high horse buddy, you're just another poster.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Adirondack Flames

Find me a team that is playing 3 in 3 that is fighting for their layoff lives and I will show you a team that uses their starter for 3 in 3.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Seriously? You probably need to relax a bit, pal. No need to be a ******.
Calling people out for clearly not watching the games or even seeing the highlights is being an ******* now? Yeah, okay.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Find me a team that is playing 3 in 3 that is fighting for their layoff lives and I will show you a team that uses their starter for 3 in 3.
Nice avoidance tactic, but I'll bite.

Funny, I just did a quick look, both Oklahoma City & Chicago (first 2 teams I looked at, I'm sure there are many more) both played on the 8th/9th/10th. Guess what? Neither of them used 1 goalie.

I highly doubt any team uses a goalie 3 straight days, it's almost physically impossible.

You're wrong, move on with your life now.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Calling people out for clearly not watching the games or even seeing the highlights is being an ******* now? Yeah, okay.
There's calling people out and being an ******* about it, something you have mastered pretty well. Guess I know where Medium Rare went.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Nice avoidance tactic, but I'll bite.

Funny, I just did a quick look, both Oklahoma City & Chicago (first 2 teams I looked at, I'm sure there are many more) both played on the 8th/9th/10th. Guess what? Neither of them used 1 goalie.

I highly doubt any team uses a goalie 3 straight days, it's almost physically impossible.

You're wrong, move on with your life now.
I'm sure it's a coincidence but the 2 teams you happened to look at don't even have their starting goaltenders on their active roster. But nice try there.

But hey we might as well agree to disagree because no matter my opinion that you are a blowhard that likes to take shots at the Flames playrs and prospects based on stats alone and knows pretty much nothing about the Heat will not change.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
OK mister know it all, you tell me when the last time was a goalie played 3 STRAIGHT DAYS

It don't matter if it's the starter because almost always the goalie gets a break in that situation. The fact Taylor started on Sunday tells me they did not have faith in Brust who was getting lit up lately, or Irving who has the confidence of a nerdy 12 year old. The fact that Irving was pulled on Friday, and then did not even dress for the next 2 games is also very telling.

You may live in Abbotsford, but you sure are not the only one who follows them buddy. I'm not on here all day everyday, nor do I spend each night watching games on my computer because I have a life. But that doesn't mean I don't follow them as well, because I have been a fan of the Flames and their farm system for 30 years.

I've seen you in your short time on this board berate posters for having an opinion, you seem to think you only have the right to comment about anything Flame related. Get off your high horse buddy, you're just another poster.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
I'm sure it's a coincidence but the 2 teams you happened to look at don't even have their starting goaltenders on their active roster. But nice try there.

But hey we might as well agree to disagree because no matter my opinion that you are a blowhard that likes to take shots at the Flames playrs and prospects based on stats alone and knows pretty much nothing about the Heat will not change.
First 2 examples not good enough for you? OK, how about some more....I looked up the first 4 teams alphabetically (besides Abbotsford), and each played 3 days in a row recently (Bridgeport played 1st/2nd/3rd of March), and in each case not one team played the same goalie. Do I have to continue?

There is no agreeing to disagree in this point - you are wrong, straight forward, plain & simple, cut & dry. Guess someone doesn't know as much as they think hey?
And for the record, I am hardly a blowhard that likes to take shots at Flames players and prospects. Irving is the only player I can recall being negative about, and the kid has given us plenty of ammo for that.

I'll give you a piece of advice - I've seen many posters like you come & go in my almost 15 years posting on here. A little humility & tolerance goes a long way. Like Gary83 said, relax a bit, pal.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

It always makes me laugh when someone's "overreacting" about someone else's "overreaction", then advises the someone else to "relax".

I really don't know what the fight's about though. That the Heat would never purposely choose to use a goalie three nights in a row? Fairly sure that Brust did that last month, didn't he? (and was shelled to boot). Likely because everyone was still in Calgary.

In the last 3-in-a-row the Heat didn't do that again - they started Irving in the first game, didn't they?

Old
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
It always makes me laugh when someone's "overreacting" about someone else's "overreaction", then advises the someone else to "relax".

I really don't know what the fight's about though. That the Heat would never purposely choose to use a goalie three nights in a row? Fairly sure that Brust did that last month, didn't he? (and was shelled to boot). Likely because everyone was still in Calgary.

In the last 3-in-a-row the Heat didn't do that again - they started Irving in the first game, didn't they?

I think a person is entitled to repond when called out, don't you?

I claimed that playing Taylor 3 straight days (even if Irving started the first game, Taylor basically played the whole game) goes to show that the team has no confidence in Brust or Irving right now. I asked him to tell me the last time a goalie played 3 straight days. He couldn't, so he claimed that any team would play their starter in that situation. I've shown him to be wrong 6 out of 6 tries. Brust may have played 3 in 4 nights, which is crazy in its own right, but he never played 3 consecutive days.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
I think a person is entitled to repond when called out, don't you?

I claimed that playing Taylor 3 straight days (even if Irving started the first game, Taylor basically played the whole game) goes to show that the team has no confidence in Brust or Irving right now. I asked him to tell me the last time a goalie played 3 straight days. He couldn't, so he claimed that any team would play their starter in that situation. I've shown him to be wrong 6 out of 6 tries. Brust may have played 3 in 4 nights, which is crazy in its own right, but he never played 3 consecutive days.
I think a person can only control how he/she reacts, then responds to a situation.

It's no secret that Brust & Irving have both struggled lately, and the team has every right not to be confident in them.

Who cares if it's never happened before or it happens all the time - in this scenario, with Taylor playing much better than the other two goalies on the team, and obviously having the confidence in the coaching staff, of course he's going to play - regardless of what another team might do. It's a pretty unique situation.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:48 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Well Abby is barely hanging on to the 8th spot and they have played way more games than everyone else. It's not looking good

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote