HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pominville?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post
Pominville to Chicago for Saad + Pirri + 1st??
Best offer I have seen. Sabres make this deal.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
He has shown he's a 1st liner with good defensive ability I'll give you that, but he's only got one more year left on his deal after this year and a decision is going to have to be made on him. I don't want to keep him if he's going to get 5+ million a year, which I think he will. Varlamov's value is a pretty good comparable to Schneider's imo, you can call it whatever you want, if Colorado thought a 1st and a 2nd was too much to give up for him they would have gone elsewhere for a goaltender not overpaid to "pry" him away. The 2nd round pick in my proposal was a sweetner for them to deal Gaunce, a guy I like a lot. My inital thought was Gaunce and Schneider for Pommers, but thought Vancouver would want another piece coming back hence the 2nd rounder.
No way is Varlamov a good comparison. Colorado gave up more than his value. Halak is a better gauge. Schneider has never proven to be a number one. This year he is outplayed by Luongo easily. Goalies in general do not have value equal to offensive players of the same talent level.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
No way is Varlamov a good comparison. Colorado gave up more than his value. Halak is a better gauge. Schneider has never proven to be a number one. This year he is outplayed by Luongo easily. Goalies in general do not have value equal to offensive players of the same talent level.
Being outplayed by Luongo is nothing to be ashamed of. Not sure what makes the Halak trade any better reference than Varlamov. Anders Lindback, who never put up great numbers while playing behind Weber/Suter got 2 2nds and a 3rd.

Also, Schneider is younger, locked up for longer and is cheaper than Pominville.

I'd be willing to add to get Pominville, but it would be something along the lines of Schneider + 2nd/B-prospect.

That or roster player + any prospect besides Jensen + 1st would be what I'd offer from the Canucks.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Flair Hay

Pominvile would definitely be the exact type of player to fit in on Vancouver's 2nd line. They've been looking for a upgrade on Kesler's wing since Burrows moved up to the Sedin line...

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:47 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Pominvile would definitely be the exact type of player to fit in on Vancouver's 2nd line. They've been looking for a upgrade on Kesler's wing since Burrows moved up to the Sedin line...
Vancouver is just missing one piece to the deal that was outlined (Booth + Jensen + 1st). No offense but Booth isn't the most enticing piece.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Vancouver is just missing one piece to the deal that was outlined (Booth + Jensen + 1st). No offense but Booth isn't the most enticing piece.
I wouldn't give up quite that much for Pominville. He's a great player, but not roster forwad + top prospect + 1st in deep draft great. Any prospect besides Jensen and I would do it, though.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wouldn't give up quite that much for Pominville. He's a great player, but not roster forwad + top prospect + 1st in deep draft great. Any prospect besides Jensen and I would do it, though.
The trouble is, while Jensen may be Van's best prospect, he would -- at best -- be Buffalo's 3rd behind Grigorenko and Armia, so a lesser prospect might not even be in Buffalo's 5. I don't see any reason for Buffalo to move Pominville for futures if the package doesn't have a real high-end prospect in it. A late 1st isn't all that likely to become an impact player in the NHL, and Booth just doesn't have much value.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
The trouble is, while Jensen may be Van's best prospect, he would -- at best -- be Buffalo's 3rd behind Grigorenko and Armia, so a lesser prospect might not even be in Buffalo's 5. I don't see any reason for Buffalo to move Pominville for futures if the package doesn't have a real high-end prospect in it. A late 1st isn't all that likely to become an impact player in the NHL, and Booth just doesn't have much value.
Pretty much this. People are just speculating, but BUF has no incentive to move Pominville due to his captaincy and chemistry with Tom and Hodgson.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If that's the case Then a deal around Schneider makes much more sense to me. I wouldn't want to move Jensen except in a package for a bona fide superstar. The only players to have scored a similar number of goals as 19-year olds in the SEL were Daniel Sedin, Markus Naslund, Nicklas Backstrom, and Patrik Hornqvist, IIRC.

Someone like Brendan Gaunce (along with Booth/whomever + 1st)though would be a solid prospect(probably right behind Girgensons on you depth chart), and I believe he can also play wing.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
McTank

Booth+jenssen+1st is a package I wouldnt mind moving pommers for

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Booth+jenssen+1st is a package I wouldnt mind moving pommers for
move Pominville a legit 1st line foward for an overpaid forward, a late first that only has a 40% chance to be more than a 3rd liner, and an A prospect. Brutal for Buffalo.

I don't move Pominville for any less that a top 15 pick and young roster player.

Elliot Friedman says that if Pominville were to be available a long list of teams would be interested and the return would be substantial. I don't think VAN has that piece

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Girgenburger
doginthebathtub

Just my opinion, but if Pominville goes, proven talent comes back. I don't really want crapshoot prospects. 1st line wingers who are also great 2-way forwards aren't going to come cheap.

Vancouver wants Pominville? Okay, send us Ryan Kesler.

Chicago wants him? Sure, give us Hjalmarsson and Shaw.

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:59 PM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Poms is exactly who PGH should be targeting as their missing winger instead of Iginla. 1st+Olli Maatta/Joe Morrow+TK.

Before you jump on the Caps fan plug PGH fans, City Honors grad and Sabres season tix holder.

Lets go Buffalo!

saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
McTank

Pominville+leopold for hjalmarsson+saad+1st

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
Just my opinion, but if Pominville goes, proven talent comes back. I don't really want crapshoot prospects. 1st line wingers who are also great 2-way forwards aren't going to come cheap.

One of these offers is not like the other...

Old
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Last year: Gaustead + 4th for 1st
Last year's market is not the same as this years market though, as we've already seen in the trades that have happened this year.

Plus, even last year, you wouldn't have to go far to find some one who would say Nashville overpaid to get the piece they wanted.

My point is, that one trade last year should not be a deciding factor in a Pominville deal.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:33 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Last year's market is not the same as this years market though, as we've already seen in the trades that have happened this year.

Plus, even last year, you wouldn't have to go far to find some one who would say Nashville overpaid to get the piece they wanted.

My point is, that one trade last year should not be a deciding factor in a Pominville deal.
It doesn't matter about trade market, if Gaustad can get a 4th , Poms can get much much more.Name me a RW with 5 60+ point seasons, plays great two way hockey and is a top penalty killer that would be available? Pominville is a top 10 RW. I'm not moving him for garbage. Booth, 1st, Prospect is a bad offer.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post

most teams overpay at the deadline anyways.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
It doesn't matter about trade market, if Gaustad can get a 4th , Poms can get much much more.Name me a RW with 5 60+ point seasons, plays great two way hockey and is a top penalty killer that would be available? Pominville is a top 10 RW. I'm not moving him for garbage. Booth, 1st, Prospect is a bad offer.
Well what kind of offer do you expect, then?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I honestly don't see a package from Vancouver that I like...that is realistic anyways.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I honestly don't see a package from Vancouver that I like...that is realistic anyways.
From any team, then? What's the most you think someone would give up?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Zbynek

To

Tyler Kennedy
Olli Maata
2013 1st round pick

To

Jason Pominville

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Vancouver doesn't have the piece for a Pominville move and their pick will be late.

If Pomer is moved it's an offseason trade, where Buffalo can get a young roster player + top 15 pick.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
From any team, then? What's the most you think someone would give up?
Elliot Friedman said if he were available, Buffalo would get a substantial return and that a long line of teams would be interested.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post

You don't understand. Buyers don't give up key roster players. Ever. Sellers do.
If we move poms it's for top prospects and picks and Maybe just maybe an ok roster player we need to fill.

Trading poms should really pull a top end prospect a first round pick and more. Ether another 2nd rounder or another prospect. Even if we are rebuilding we want help soon so look for soon to be ready NHL talent. Maybe a top pick from 2011. And if I'm Darcy I want to move him to a western team in the 10-5 seed area. It improves the chances of the pick becoming a higher first rounder. For instance if Chicago is the trading partner you might as well consider their first round pick a good second round pick which means the prospect better be gold.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote