HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Best Fighter/Enforcer in the league??

Old
03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Kylie Sven Opossum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
What? It is the truth.
lol. Let me get this straight. In a fight if damage is limited to the face it doesn't count, and the fight is a draw? I mean the face is a pretty popular target in a hockey fight, wouldn't you say? Sounds like a rationalization to me... Truth is, the person who does the most damage wins.

Kylie Sven Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Stranger Danger
the

deleate

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
But, how many times has this happened?

Opponent:
"wanna go?"

Rinaldo:

Today says you're wrong

Old
03-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Deryk Engelland gets cut/bruised easily. Facial damage is irrelevant.
This whole post is just lmao

Drop The Mits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
The Best fighter is probably Mcgrattan...I like Lucic but some of his fights are one sided towards the other guy as well

In what world are those two fights "one sided?"

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:38 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie Sven Opossum View Post
lol. Let me get this straight. In a fight if damage is limited to the face it doesn't count, and the fight is a draw? I mean the face is a pretty popular target in a hockey fight, wouldn't you say? Sounds like a rationalization to me... Truth is, the person who does the most damage wins.
Whoever lands more punches usually wins, and/or the better quality of the punches. Facial damage is irrelevant because some players get cut or bruised easily than other players.

Watch this video for an example.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:47 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
This whole post is just lmao
Re-read my statement. When I say facial damage, I am talking about cuts and bruises on the face.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
fireworks

Quote:
Whoever lands more punches usually wins, and/or the better quality of the punches. Facial damage is irrelevant because some players get cut or bruised easily than other players.

Watch this video for an example.

Wow, I miss W.Clark. Always wished that he was a Bruin!

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
Wow, I miss W.Clark. Always wished that he was a Bruin!
Yup. Rick Tocchet, Wendel Clark and Cam Neely are some of my favourite power-forwards.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
bruins repeat time

well said michigan wolverines i see your point was proven in four hours that hes so afraid he fights shawn thornton . Yes the fight ended like I knew it would. Im not saying rinaldo cant be beaten by 30 guys in the league. Im just saying hes a very exciting fighter and will go with anyone. I personally think for a guy with no reach and no weight he does a good job.

bruins repeat time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:12 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
well said michigan wolverines i see your point was proven in four hours that hes so afraid he fights shawn thornton . Yes the fight ended like I knew it would. Im not saying rinaldo cant be beaten by 30 guys in the league. Im just saying hes a very exciting fighter and will go with anyone. I personally think for a guy with no reach and no weight he does a good job.
so because he fight one light-heavy, he can now go with anyone? So I guess Bouillion can go with anyone since the guy fighted Orr and May.......

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
bruins repeat time

Can he go with anyone--no would he-basically yes ill bet you dont see him --scott or mcgratten / you guys seem to hate him and love a guy like tootoo whos 200 lbs and definitley fights more heavys but also avoids a few . Can you even compare tootoo to janssens---one does fight every one-one doesnt . Rinaldo had 2 fights in the ahl this year allie who he lost to pretty bad but had his shirt over his head and clune who he got the better of. Those are two pretty big boys . I would really like to know what you expect from this guy. I notice you take absolutely no issue with tootoo but have a huge problem with rinaldo

Old
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
bud12

Gorges can go with anyone too.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:38 PM
bud12

And I don't have a problem with Rinaldo. In fact, I find him entertaining and good for the game. Where I've got a problem is with people who think is the next great things and anyone is feared of him.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:38 PM
bruins repeat time

A guy comes in here and says rinaldo is scared of heavy weights ====4 hours later he accepts from thornton . I make a note of it . Now your comparing it to the georges-mclaren situation. I got news for you I dont even really like rinaldo but you guys obviously hate him . I guess i took the question as pound for pound different . You guys want someone who fights all the heavyweights nightly . Im not really sure on my answer than especially if we want a current nhler .

Old
03-09-2013, 03:41 PM
bud12

Quote:
A guy comes in here and says rinaldo is scared of heavy weights ====4 hours later he accepts from thornton . I make a note of it . Now your comparing it to the georges-mclaren situation. I got news for you I dont even really like rinaldo but you guys obviously hate him . I guess i took the question as pound for pound different . You guys want someone who fights all the heavyweights nightly . Im not really sure on my answer than especially if we want a current nhler .
go watch my post ahead of you........

Old
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
bruins repeat time

I dont think anyone is afraid of him and theres obviously at least 4 bruins that come to mind that can beat him. I saw your list of of his unimpressive fights---some were bad on him some not so bad. I ofcourse could have a list for most guys involved. Rinaldo beat horton who beat asham does that mean rinaldo beats asham--ofcourse it doesnt. I dont think he can handle a ton of guys in the league. I also dont think hes as afraid as some of you guys say he is. You seem to support the fact he is a chicken i totally disagree and think hes definitley entertaining and does good for his size and reach.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
bruins repeat time

Yes i did see your post but I also saw you agree with a guy that says hes a chicken and take a big exception with his name being here and not with others that would seem not to belong if he doesnt. Anyways Im done with this have a nice day.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
I dont think anyone is afraid of him and theres obviously at least 4 bruins that come to mind that can beat him. I saw your list of of his unimpressive fights---some were bad on him some not so bad. I ofcourse could have a list for most guys involved. Rinaldo beat horton who beat asham does that mean rinaldo beats asham--ofcourse it doesnt. I dont think he can handle a ton of guys in the league. I also dont think hes as afraid as some of you guys say he is. You seem to support the fact he is a chicken i totally disagree and think hes definitley entertaining and does good for his size and reach.
Rinaldo is an agitator. He is a VERY hard hitter, who is not afraid too drop them with anyone. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't like him. He is a borderline dirty player, but is cleaning it up and not fighting "just to fight" anymore. So, people whine and cry and claim he is a spot picker now. My question is why would he let anyone other then his coach dictate when or whom he fights? Does that make him a coward or a good coachable player? Flyers fans love this kid, neutral fans like to watch him, fans from our conf. hate him which means he is doing his job

Old
03-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Gorges can go with anyone too.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:04 PM
bud12

Quote:
Yes i did see your post but I also saw you agree with a guy that says hes a chicken and take a big exception with his name being here and not with others that would seem not to belong if he doesnt. Anyways Im done with this have a nice day.
show me that part

Old
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
bruins repeat time

I took exception with a guy who said hes afraid to fight hw. If he wouldve said he doesnt often fight hw or enough I definitley wouldnt have took an issue with his statement. After I do you come in here and jump on me so I assume you liked his statement since you never took issue with it or made it clear when going after mine that you dont think hes scared.

Last edited by bruins repeat time: 03-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old
03-09-2013, 05:25 PM
bud12

Just a question, do you think that Bouillon would fight anyone in the league? Do you think that Gorges would fight anyone in the league?

For me, no. Its not because you fight one heavyweight during your career that you can go with anyone. And its the same thing for Rinaldo. And Rinaldo is not stupid, he know that he would get destroyed if he start to drop with the big boys. Thats why he decline 99% of them and its ok, because Rinaldo is nothing more than a average middleweight. As for Tootoo, the guy is/was one of the best middleweight for years. Rinaldo is not on the same level yet. Maybe he will become with time or maybe not, who know.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Swedish playmaker*

I don't know why people are calling simmonds "small but can throw" he's 1.88 m and 95 kgs - id say that is light heavyweight

Swedish playmaker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Just a question, do you think that Bouillon would fight anyone in the league? Do you think that Gorges would fight anyone in the league?

For me, no. Its not because you fight one heavyweight during your career that you can go with anyone. And its the same thing for Rinaldo. And Rinaldo is not stupid, he know that he would get destroyed if he start to drop with the big boys. Thats why he decline 99% of them and its ok, because Rinaldo is nothing more than a average middleweight. As for Tootoo, the guy is/was one of the best middleweight for years. Rinaldo is not on the same level yet. Maybe he will become with time or maybe not, who know.
He has fought more then 1 heavy, but Rinaldo is more then just a "fighter", or rather has a different role. He is out there too hit, draw penalties, piss people off, just a energy guy. Can he fight? I think so. He is nowhere NEAR a heavy, but if someone takes exception to something he does, he will fight if he needs too. As long as it is beneficial to his team.He is getting smarter about when too fight, and when too skate away, which is a HUGE asset for him and the Flyers as well. Or rather should be, but the Flyers cant score on the pp or anyother time ......