Carl Soderberg | Philadelphia Flyers @ Our The Boston Bruins | *1:00 PM* | NESN

Old
03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
We might see the end of Laviolette.
Just finished watching the game, talk about a team who played like they are looking for a new voice behind the bench. A few nice hits and one scrap don`t mask a team in absolute disarray. No system, schizo goaltending, a weak and slow D (although I like Grossman), like the tin man as soon as our boys popped those 3 quick one`s. Totally different push than what we saw outta the Caps, a team with half the talent the Flyers have up front.

Was concerned when DK went down. Caron did what I was hoping he or another big body could do. Play it simple, win those board battles to free pucks up for Pevs and Kelly who, IMO, both played their finest game this season. Could care less about whether Caron puts pts up, it`s a bonus, 1 game hardly makes the season, but it`s about what I`ve always felt with whom fits best with Pevs and Kelly, and that`s a guy who can keep it as simple as possible, who can free some ice for them and that is what Caron did.

Weird game, both teams had spats where they had solid puck possession but it alot of perimiter play. Who cares, 2pts, solid outing from Tuukka when the boys needed the save, nice game from Ference too

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
That is actually the best way to handle pests. Just laugh at them and don't let them bait you into something stupid or get you off your game.

And yes, it is always good when the B's beat the Flyers.
Kid doesn't seem to rattle easily, another reason to like him.

Anyone else think Dougie has had two pretty solid games after a bit of a rough go against the Caps?

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Kid doesn't seem to rattle easily, another reason to like him.

Anyone else think Dougie has had two pretty solid games after a bit of a rough go against the Caps?
Sometimes the best games are when you don`t hear the names much. Against a team with a traditionally heavy forecheck, he played well, simple, and well

Old
03-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
He's had good streaks and bad streaks, just like you'd expect from a 19 year old defenseman. But the good has far outweighed the bad from him.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:04 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sometimes the best games are when you don`t hear the names much. Against a team with a traditionally heavy forecheck, he played well, simple, and well
Another reason to like him.

If he has a bad game, he seems to learn from it, make the adjustments, put it behind him, and then move on to the next one. That is no small feat for a rookie.

As impressed with his physical skills as I have been, I have been equally impressed with his mental approach to the game and his overall maturity.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
He's had good streaks and bad streaks, just like you'd expect from a 19 year old defenseman. But the good has far outweighed the bad from him.
I agree. I thought he was going to help the team this year, but he has far surpassed the expectations that I had for him in his rookie year.

He's a fun player to watch, the way he thinks the game.

First Seguin, and now Dougie...I feel so spoiled as a Bruins fan nowadays. Thank you Kessel!

Old
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Another reason to like him.

If he has a bad game, he seems to learn from it, make the adjustments, put it behind him, and then move on to the next one. That is no small feat for a rookie.

As impressed with his physical skills as I have been, I have been equally impressed with his mental approach to the game and his overall maturity.
His biggest advantage is he has a ton of pro`s in that locker room, leaders on the ice, and from all reports, off the ice as well. When your surrounded by that environment, hard to fall through the cracks. There was, IMO, little to no chance DH was returning to Junior for any reason this year. It`s a heckuva luxury to have a kid that skilled learn and develop without the immense pressure and downer of playing for a lousy team.

Coaching staff as well deserve a ton of credit

Old
03-09-2013, 06:08 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
I agree. I thought he was going to help the team this year, but he has far surpassed the expectations that I had for him in his rookie year.

He's a fun player to watch, the way he thinks the game.

First Seguin, and now Dougie...I feel so spoiled as a Bruins fan nowadays. Thank you Kessel!
Wait til Dougie starts developing that confidence to the point where we start watching him carry that puck up ice initiating the play. Thus far, were seeing a very cautious and safe Hamilton which is the way to go. To have a kid that age back there firing tape to tape breakout passes is so refreshing

Old
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
His biggest advantage is he has a ton of pro`s in that locker room, leaders on the ice, and from all reports, off the ice as well. When your surrounded by that environment, hard to fall through the cracks. There was, IMO, little to no chance DH was returning to Junior for any reason this year. It`s a heckuva luxury to have a kid that skilled learn and develop without the immense pressure and downer of playing for a lousy team.

That is a good point, and I think it speaks to the type of organization the Bruins have become.

They have established a young, core group that they are going to build around going forward, have a proven coaching staff and system, and their locker room is top notch, all perfect conditions for young up-and-coming players.

The Bruins do not have to rush any of their prospects, instead they have the luxury of developing them at their pace, and then bringing guys into a low-pressure situation where they can play and be mentored at the NHL level.

It reminds me of the way Detroit has done business now for a lot of years, and I think it's an approach that can make for a long run of success.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

Congrats on the great start to the season. But what i really came here to say is Id like to buy Thornton a nice steak dinner for tuning up that punk Rinaldo. It made me very happy lol.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:21 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Wait til Dougie starts developing that confidence to the point where we start watching him carry that puck up ice initiating the play. Thus far, were seeing a very cautious and safe Hamilton which is the way to go. To have a kid that age back there firing tape to tape breakout passes is so refreshing
...and you see flashes of what you mentioned, and that is what's so thrilling about watching him night in and night out.

The other thing that I love about him is his play without the puck. He is great at seeing a play develop, and knowing when to jump up and go on the offensive.

A great example of that was the other night against Toronto when he saw a play developing, saw the space in front of him, and jumped up to make it an odd man situation on the rush, and the Toronto player had to haul him down while he was going to the net.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Teemuchuk View Post
Congrats on the great start to the season. But what i really came here to say is Id like to buy Thornton a nice steak dinner for tuning up that punk Rinaldo. It made me very happy lol.
Well, everyone in Boston wants to buy Evander "real deal" Kane a steak for feeding Cooke. The KO punch was great. Even better was the totally unnecessary, but much appreciated, follow up punch that snapped his lifeless head back b/f he let his empty head bounce off the ice. That made us all VERY happy.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:36 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Well, everyone in Boston wants to buy Evander "real deal" Kane a steak for feeding Cooke. The KO punch was great. Even better was the totally unnecessary, but much appreciated, follow up punch that snapped his lifeless head back b/f he let his empty head bounce off the ice. That made us all VERY happy.
too bad he didn't step on him while he was down.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Teemuchuk View Post
I never took my eyes off him and he went after Lucic on the faceoff tearing off from the side board to Lucic positioned up top on the faceoff looking for trouble- it looked like he sort of jumped at Lucic who had no idea and was turning towards the play; seemed like he got him with his elbow or arm in the back and Lucic went down three quarters....he was wickhad pissed.

We hear Rinaldo is a good kid off the ice back home, respectful nice, but he's nuts and is going to either hurt someone with a bad hit, or find a big fish that is going to rip him apart when the code should be activated

I actually thought for a minute Thornton might break the code and give him another shot on the ice

as for the game

Grossman really pissed me off, constant cross checking didnt realize he was like this

The power play with Dougie, Seguin, and Krjeci can be epic

Dougie is going to be so freaking good- he is living with McQuaid, who is tied with many as the nicest human being on the planet so that is a very good thing

Ference was the poster boy on the game sheet they hand out and I thought he looked very good although I did not single him out, was mostly watching da Flyers

lot of talent but a mess- reminds me of the pre 2004 Red Sox in so many ways, big names, lot to like, but a cluster**** in the end

If I am the Flyers they need to do something about that defense and would call Montreal offering Briere and stuff for Tinordi and stuff.....Tinordi belongs on Philly, and Briere would be a great Hab and still has a lot left in the tank

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
too bad he didn't step on him while he was down.
You mean his neck?

That's just awful, how could you imply something like that? That's just, just...

Just exactly what I was thinking at the time.

I like you. We can be internet thunder buddies.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:45 PM
patty59

Grossman got away with a lot that game I thought. I don't really mind when they don't call the rough stuff, I actually prefer it, but if they're handing out chincy holds and crap, it's tough to take.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
patty59

Quote:
You mean his neck?

That's just awful, how could you imply something like that? That's just, just...

Just exactly what I was thinking at the time.

I like you. We can be internet thunder buddies.
you said it, not me

Old
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I never took my eyes off him and he went after Lucic on the faceoff tearing off from the side board to Lucic positioned up top on the faceoff looking for trouble- it looked like he sort of jumped at Lucic who had no idea and was turning towards the play; seemed like he got him with his elbow or arm in the back and Lucic went down three quarters....he was wickhad pissed.

We hear Rinaldo is a good kid off the ice back home, respectful nice, but he's nuts and is going to either hurt someone with a bad hit, or find a big fish that is going to rip him apart when the code should be activated

I actually thought for a minute Thornton might break the code and give him another shot on the ice

as for the game

Grossman really pissed me off, constant cross checking didnt realize he was like this

The power play with Dougie, Seguin, and Krjeci can be epic

Dougie is going to be so freaking good- he is living with McQuaid, who is tied with many as the nicest human being on the planet so that is a very good thing

Ference was the poster boy on the game sheet they hand out and I thought he looked very good although I did not single him out, was mostly watching da Flyers

lot of talent but a mess- reminds me of the pre 2004 Red Sox in so many ways, big names, lot to like, but a cluster**** in the end

If I am the Flyers they need to do something about that defense and would call Montreal offering Briere and stuff for Tinordi and stuff.....Tinordi belongs on Philly, and Briere would be a great Hab and still has a lot left in the tank
Don't forget Looch down low. I like him there for a lot of reasons. He can pass, and has eyes he seldom gets credit for. He's among the best at coming up w/ loose pucks, and doing something w/ them. Hopefully at some point he remembers he scored 30 goals. And, he can still screen if he sees a shot developing from the point. Gluing him to the crease wasn't accomplishing anything.

That line at least seems to know what they want to do. So, genuine progress there. About time.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:52 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Grossman got away with a lot that game I thought. I don't really mind when they don't call the rough stuff, I actually prefer it, but if they're handing out chincy holds and crap, it's tough to take.
the Flyers for a stretch there in the second were about as aholish with high hits, late hits, cross checks, borderline charges until Thornton unloaded on Rinaldo.

everything was just outside the line with these guys then it pretty much stopped; I need to look up Grossman and figure this guy out- he really caught me off guard with his antics. Not sure if he can fight but Im sure I can find out searching fast enough

Old
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
DKH

Quote:
Don't forget Looch down low. I like him there for a lot of reasons. He can pass, and has eyes he seldom gets credit for. He's among the best at coming up w/ loose pucks, and doing something w/ them. Hopefully at some point he remembers he scored 30 goals. And, he can still screen if he sees a shot developing from the point. Gluing him to the crease wasn't accomplishing anything.

That line at least seems to know what they want to do. So, genuine progress there. About time.
his former trainer with the Vancouver Giants, who's kid plays for Montreal (Gallagher) said Lucic has exceptional hands- and he was not talking about punching

says he can really make every pass, and do some pretty special things with the puck

Old
03-09-2013, 06:55 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
the Flyers for a stretch there in the second were about as aholish with high hits, late hits, cross checks, borderline charges until Thornton unloaded on Rinaldo.

everything was just outside the line with these guys then it pretty much stopped; I need to look up Grossman and figure this guy out- he really caught me off guard with his antics. Not sure if he can fight but Im sure I can find out searching fast enough
I don't know if Grossman can fight either. I was wondering why no one was taking him to task.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
TCL40

Quote:

I think this is one reason Dougie has the advantage over the early first rounders who often go to teams that stink. I think part of the reason the OIlers struggle in spite of the talent is they don't particularly have veterans who can be mentors and leaders. Dougie has the benefit of being mentored by some veterans who really have the mentoring ability. I think this has been an advantage to Seguin as well.

And while Recchi is gone, he was often mentioned by Marchand as a good mentor-shoot he was in many ways like the dad of the team.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Schmautzie
Dave est magané

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Holmgren is flat-out awful. He's at least as bad a GM as Howson was for Columbus. I mean Holmgren at least had a lot more to work with and pissed it all away. I have no idea how he still has a job after a team half made up of guys he traded away won a cup.
Never mind North Korea, the Flyers need regime change

Schmautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
22Brad Park

Is Krecji ok? I heard he came back today but never heard nothing sicne .I hope he ok.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:57 PM
BadBruins

Horton had one of his best games of the season. I wish he'd played like that more often. One of the few times he's actually been engaged this season.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote