Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 500
There's no point in scratching him a bunch of games. If he can't produce on top line then send him back to Houston, is it so hard? I like Coyle but send him back down, we have too many bodies. Yeo reminds me of a situation we had when Richards first got here. Richards had Schultz (our most reliable Dman at the time) in his doghouse and playing him 3rd pairing for no apparent reason. Yeo is now doing this with Granlund and PMB. Sure Butch hasn't been playing well, most of the team hasn't. It doesn't mean you scratch one of your most skilled players. Line combinations haven't been right from the start which has a lot to do with it. Stoner fights, we never needed konopka. Brodziak should be the 4th line center. I like Rupp but we don't need him either. This team is just a mess. There is no direction. Scratching your most skilled players, really?

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Seto-PMB-Heatley
Zucker-Cullen-Coyle
Mitchell-Brodz-Clutter

Hell maybe switch PMB with Granlund even. Stupid scratching two top 6 forwards. Heater might even need to go back to top line, they were doing more when he was there.

There are so many other combinations that haven't been tried yet.

As for defense, stoner is at best 3rd pairing. Try Falk with Gilbert on #2

Last edited by WildisLaw: 03-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old
03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
grN1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
There's no point in scratching him a bunch of games. If he can't produce on top line then send him back to Houston, is it so hard? I like Coyle but send him back down, we have too many bodies. Yeo reminds me of a situation we had when Richards first got here. Richards had Schultz (our most reliable Dman at the time) in his doghouse and playing him 3rd pairing for no apparent reason. Yeo is now doing this with Granlund and PMB. Sure Butch hasn't been playing well, most of the team hasn't. It doesn't mean you scratch one of your most skilled players. Line combinations haven't been right from the start which has a lot to do with it. Stoner fights, we never needed konopka. Brodziak should be the 4th line center. I like Rupp but we don't need him either. This team is just a mess. There is no direction. Scratching your most skilled players, really?

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Seto-PMB-Heatley
Zucker-Cullen-Coyle
Mitchell-Brodz-Clutter

Hell maybe switch PMB with Granlund even. Stupid scratching two top 6 forwards. Heater might even need to go back to top line, they were doing more when he was there.

There are so many other combinations that haven't been tried yet.

As for defense, stoner is at best 3rd pairing. Try Falk with Gilbert on #2
We've tried the PMB for 2nd line center experiment multiple times, it never works. Hes a winger not a center.

Brodziak is a 3rd line center, we've seen that he can produce with the right mix of wingers, you don't dump arguably a top10 3rd line center in the game because of a down year.

I agree that we have to many bodies, Coyle & granlund should be sent down. Coyle, needs more time and experience against easier competition, and granlund needs 20+ mins a night in hou rather than being scratched every other game. I'd prefer to keep him up cause i do believe he's better off playing 11-13mins a night on 2nd pp unit than playing in hou.

Rupp has done everything i expected of him, and has actually surprised somewhat. hes not a fast player but when hes moving full speed hes preety hard to slow down, and hes been above average for us on the boards imo, would do the trade 10 times out of 10.

the main reason of all the weird craziness we've seen this season is all do to the lockout, and shortened season. You have to take a second and remember that this all wouldn't seem so unorganized and dysfunctional if we had a proper training camp, pre-season, and 82 game schedual. Again, this is just my opinion, worst thing to do right now is completely shake up the roster and dissolve what little chemistry we have established so far.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
QnebO

So they scratch the Granlund agian.. What good is this doing to him? And don't they know who are they scratching?? It's the ****ing Granlund after all. Feels like the'll just spoil the player with this all.. even houston at this point would be better than all the time scratching.. if the Wilds are so good without him (The (idiot) coach dont see him helping the team) then go for it...

No matter what happens, 2011 will never be forgotten. // not from HIFK or Kärpät fan//

Old
03-09-2013, 04:42 PM
grN1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
So they scratch the Granlund agian.. What good is this doing to him? And don't they know who are they scratching?? It's the ****ing Granlund after all. Feels like the'll just spoil the player with this all.. even houston at this point would be better than all the time scratching.. if the Wilds are so good without him (The (idiot) coach dont see him helping the team) then go for it...

No matter what happens, 2011 will never be forgotten. // not from HIFK or Kärpät fan//
I'm not a fan of scratching granlund either and not sending him down, but besides like 3 or 4 games, he hasn't been very good and looks like a fringe nhl'r at times, thats all of course of how young, and new this league is to him. So i can understand Yeo's decision on this cause with Cullen playing up to the expectations of the 2nd line center role it really limits the spot for him. I don't think yeo's intentions are to let him waste in the box, but rather to keep giving him the oppertunity to earn a spot down the middle. THATS my only problem with yeo atm, Hes hardly giving granny a chance to play wing, and just gives Coyle the #1 spot without making him work at all.

the main point is he's too good for houston and is ready to learn the NHL game, but with the crazy shorten season, lots of travel and games almost every other night, i would imagine its hard as a coach to send him down. Cause players get tired, and having insurance like granland with you is probably a little peace of mind.

My guy tell's me tho fletcher wont let a talented player like granny waste in the press box every other game much longer.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
I'm not a fan of scratching granlund either and not sending him down, but besides like 3 or 4 games, he hasn't been very good and looks like a fringe nhl'r at times, thats all of course of how young, and new this league is to him. So i can understand Yeo's decision on this cause with Cullen playing up to the expectations of the 2nd line center role it really limits the spot for him. I don't think yeo's intentions are to let him waste in the box, but rather to keep giving him the oppertunity to earn a spot down the middle. THATS my only problem with yeo atm, Hes hardly giving granny a chance to play wing, and just gives Coyle the #1 spot without making him work at all.

the main point is he's too good for houston and is ready to learn the NHL game, but with the crazy shorten season, lots of travel and games almost every other night, i would imagine its hard as a coach to send him down. Cause players get tired, and having insurance like granland with you is probably a little peace of mind.

My guy tell's me tho fletcher wont let a talented player like granny waste in the press box every other game much longer.
He's not too good for Houston. Brodin is. Eberle and Schultz were. There are still a lot of things he could learn down there.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:51 PM
TheFeistyFinn

it's pretty clear that MG doesn't have spot in wild lineup under yeo. for MG's sake, i hope that yeo gets fired or wild trade MG. doing this **** will only hurt his development as a player and his career. AHL is not the right place for him.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Henri M

Again? What the he*l... Well the Wild just lost my support. Never in my 10 years of watching NHL hockey have I ever seen such bad management and utilization of talent.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Henri M

PS. Fire Yeo :O

Old
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Sportsfan1

If they send him to Houston fine, but stop scratching him, this is not helping.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:34 AM
MMANumminen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M View Post
Again? What the he*l... Well the Wild just lost my support. Never in my 10 years of watching NHL hockey have I ever seen such bad management and utilization of talent.
This. After 22 year of supporting Red Wings i almost had Wild as my new favorite team....but eff it, Wild just plain sucks

Old
03-10-2013, 04:37 AM
mattihp

I don't like how the blame is on Mikke. Give him second line talent next to him and he will exceed second line production.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:53 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Mikael Granlund bandwagoners are getting miffed.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:54 AM
MJAYK

I'd love to see the kid do well. I don't think he is given the chance to do so with the Wild right now.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Sportserie

I hope he's playing today.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I hope he's getting sent down today. This is just ridiculous. I can't imagine he's magically going to be the best player ever now. At this point, I have to wonder if there's some kind of secret arrangement that he's not going to be sent to Houston under any circumstances.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I hope he's getting sent down today. This is just ridiculous. I can't imagine he's magically going to be the best player ever now. At this point, I have to wonder if there's some kind of secret arrangement that he's not going to be sent to Houston under any circumstances.
If something like this is going on, I'd really like to know the reason, and it had better be a good one. Shouldn't they do a) what's best for the team and b) what's best for Granlund's development as a player (and thus for the team in the long run)?

Old
03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Pretty sure the situation will be solved once Cullen is gone.

So, either this summer or in less than a month.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Same lineup for tonight, Granlund scratched again.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

While Yeo is in control of who is and who isn't scratched, who gets to call up or send down players? Is that Fletcher?

Old
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Should be Fletch with Yeo's input.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Should be Fletch with Yeo's input.
Here's the thing, maybe Yeo is giving a hint to Fletch that Granlund needs time in Houston but Fletch isn't taking that hint and insists Granlund plays or sits in the NHL.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:08 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Here's the thing, maybe Yeo is giving a hint to Fletch that Granlund needs time in Houston but Fletch isn't taking that hint and insists Granlund plays or sits in the NHL.
There should be no 'hints' in this type of business, this is the NHL, not middle-school.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Ladde

There should be no hinting of who gets sent down. The coach should tell the GM who should get sent down.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
behemolari

I'll give a hint. Wild system, failure.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:46 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
There should be no 'hints' in this type of business, this is the NHL, not middle-school.
Should Mikael play in the NHL?

Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe [X]

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Closed Thread