HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins - In the Room: Thoughts

Old
03-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

vCash: 500
Penguins - In the Room: Thoughts

Just got finished catching up on a few episodes of In the Room. At one point, Malkin was reading off the starting line before the game, it went something like,

"Really bad soccer player, number 5. Really tall defenseman, number 41. I won't say how I feel about 17, then me and Nealer!"

Now if it was a regular roster player, I could just let it pass as ball-busting, but given who it was it seemed pretty damn harsh. I won't say that Boychuk should have stayed, but it has to suck when your linemates (who you barely know) are so vocal about how they hate playing with you.

I also had no idea Neal was so vocal about stuff on the ice. It was a little odd to see him calling out Geno on a few occasions.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

I don't get this ... do people go looking for drama now where it doesn't exist? Is anyone NOT aware of what a clown Geno is and that he ribs everyone? Is this what we get from 15 years of reality TV crap... everyone looking for signs of drama? Boychuk is a great big grown man chuck and can handle any locker room jabs just fine. There was no malicious intent there.

Common man, lighten up.

As for Geno and Neal calling each other out, part of the game. I'm sure if stuff got out of line, whoever was doing it wouldn't last long around here.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I don't get this ... do people go looking for drama now where it doesn't exist? Is anyone NOT aware of what a clown Geno is and that he ribs everyone? Is this what we get from 15 years of reality TV crap... everyone looking for signs of drama?

Common man, lighten up.

As for Geno and Neal calling each other out, part of the game. I'm sure if stuff got out of line, whoever was doing it wouldn't last long around here.
Haha, lighten up? I'm just commenting on a show, it doesn't affect me at all.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
I also had no idea Neal was so vocal about stuff on the ice. It was a little odd to see him calling out Geno on a few occasions.
In that one clip, I think Geno was actually pissed at Neal for not returning the pass. As he put it, "I was open." Neal then goes "Well what if I'd scored [on my shot]?" And Geno was just like "So what?"

DoktorZaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

It's jokes man.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:58 PM

I think thats just the nature of good players. Look at a rookie Sid telling Ziggy, Rex and Jonny Drama how to score goals. Anyone remember Recchi, Cullen and Stevens?

Doesn't Vitale sound like Badger from Breaking Bad to kick off the first scene of the first show?

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
Haha, lighten up? I'm just commenting on a show, it doesn't affect me at all.
It affected you enough to be "concerned" such that you posted about it and inquired if others felt the same. That's too much concern.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
It affected you enough to be "concerned" such that you posted about it and inquired if others felt the same. That's too much concern.
I don't recall inquiring anything. Just figured I'd start a thread about the show since I didn't see one already.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
I don't recall inquiring anything. Just figured I'd start a thread about the show since I didn't see one already.
Inquire, ask about, talk about... you get the idea.

Quote:
Now if it was a regular roster player, I could just let it pass as ball-busting, but given who it was it seemed pretty damn harsh. I won't say that Boychuk should have stayed, but it has to suck when your linemates (who you barely know) are so vocal about how they hate playing with you.
This ^ sounds like a person concerned about the goings on in the room, but that's just me. Anyway, carry on and keep it clean, hosers.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:54 AM
lokomotiv15

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I think thats just the nature of good players. Look at a rookie Sid telling Ziggy, Rex and Jonny Drama how to score goals. Anyone remember Recchi, Cullen and Stevens?

Doesn't Vitale sound like Badger from Breaking Bad to kick off the first scene of the first show?
It's just the nature of most players. You get into it with line mates sometimes in games because you'll have thought the play should have developed differently, that he should have shot/passed and vice versa. My roommate/teammate now I've played with since junior and we'll get into disagreements at least once or twice a game about a look off or a botched 2-on-1 or 3-on-2.

It's good to have guys hungry for the puck.

lokomotiv15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:28 PM
BrookswasHere44

Quote:
Just got finished catching up on a few episodes of In the Room. At one point, Malkin was reading off the starting line before the game, it went something like,

"Really bad soccer player, number 5. Really tall defenseman, number 41. I won't say how I feel about 17, then me and Nealer!"

If I remember correctly that's not even what he said about Boychuck...he said something along the lines of "what do I say about 17?" As in...he doesn't know him well enough

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

He actually says "you know how I feel about 17".

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
In that one clip, I think Geno was actually pissed at Neal for not returning the pass. As he put it, "I was open." Neal then goes "Well what if I'd scored [on my shot]?" And Geno was just like "So what?"
Just watched that scene "So...?"

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
AltDess

Malkin has a very sarcastic sense of humor, a dry cut you to the bone type of joking, if you are sensitive or not used to it can come off as an insult.

AltDess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Skk82

Yeah, it's just Malkin's sense of humor.

I mean, this is the guy who said the following about Max Talbot when asked how Talbot helps Malkin's game:

Quote:
"[He plays with] lots of emotion," Malkin said. "[He never stops] skating. Yeah, little bit bad hands."

Malkin began to laugh, as did his audience. But he wasn't finished.

"He has lots of scoring chances, [but doesn't] score," Malkin said. "Just [into an] empty net. It's OK. He'll learn over the summer."
And this came AFTER Talbot scored 2 goals (the last, to be fair, was into an empty net) to help the Pens win 4-2 that game in a Stanley Cup finals game.

As written, it looks pretty mean. But it's just his sense of humor. (And, pretty truthful).

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
If I remember correctly that's not even what he said about Boychuck...he said something along the lines of "what do I say about 17?" As in...he doesn't know him well enough
That's what I thought he was getting at as well. In that, he didn't actually have a joke because he didn't really know him.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Smoke
The Taxman

vCash: 977
In the Room is a lot better than Caps Red Line. I watched an episode last night and it seemed like it was made by a high school class.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
DoktorZaius

Yeah it's pretty good. That being said, I'd love it if they covered more stuff and treated it like an extended documentary. But without HBO backing, I guess the potential audience is a bit limited.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
DoktorZaius

Most recent one is fresh off the presses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo9I2Grshg

Old
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Cooke talking to the ref about Chara taking a weird route to the puck and trying to hit him before he got to the puck:

"I'm just asking, I'm not yelling"

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
Cooke talking to the ref about Chara taking a weird route to the puck and trying to hit him before he got to the puck:

"I'm just asking, I'm not yelling"
I really love hearing these guys mic'd up. They should do more of this in the regular season, and just retain creative control over it so that they can edit anything particularly problematic out.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Air Bort was a classic. The Goal, the Shift, the game.... now we have The Dunk!!!

Also whats with Dupuis and the yoga pants???

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Air Bort was a classic. The Goal, the Shift, the game.... now we have The Dunk!!!

Also whats with Dupuis and the yoga pants???
He's special.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Holy ****

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:00 PM
SidTheKid8787

Newest episode is up for viewing on the Pens site.

Episode 4: Trade Winds
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...5&cmpid=navbar

Very good episode with all the new guys coming into the room.
Olll' Boyyy! Be tha shooter!

Also, hang in there, theres a little Morrow on the end.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote