HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 12:31 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Wait he "clearly can't cut it" at center because he put up few points in his rookie and sophomore year? OK then...

Trading Burmi makes so little sense to me. He's at worst a great defensive third line center. That's his floor. Why would we sell low on him instead of seeing what he can do? Are we in that much of a rush to make playoffs that we'll trade promising prospects? Sounds like Atlanta's team building strategy to me. We all know how successful that was

Old
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Wait he "clearly can't cut it" at center because he put up few points in his rookie and sophomore year? OK then...
Wait, do you base everything off stats? By saying that he clearly can't cut I'm referring to his inconsistent and sub-par play in that spot and didn't reference points whatsoever. Yes, he clearly can't cut it there because they've chosen of late to no longer use him there. "Cutting it" would entail actually keeping the spot via effective play. His puck management is horrible, he makes terrible decisions with the puck and they usually/often result in the opposition taking over possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Trading Burmi makes so little sense to me. He's at worst a great defensive third line center. That's his floor. Why would we sell low on him instead of seeing what he can do?
If that was his floor then his play would have garnered him a further look there, yet he is now on the wing. He is no longer considered a prospect and the NHL is not a developmental league. He should realistically have spent this season with the IceCaps.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 03-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Wait, do you base everything off stats? By saying that he clearly can't cut I'm referring to his inconsistent and sub-par play in that spot and didn't reference points whatsoever. Yes, he clearly can't cut it there because they've chosen to no longer use him there. "Cutting it" would entail actually keeping the spot via effective play. His puck management is horrible, he makes terrible decisions with the puck and they usually/often result in the opposition taking over possession.
While I agree with the fact that
*his puck management has been poor
*he's made terrible decisions
and these things are going to need to improve vastly if he's ever going to make it to the next level (ie: beyond a 3rd liner), whether on our team or some where else...

I would like to point out that since the beginning of the season, which ever line he's on has always had the best possession and has out-chanced his opponents, so I think you're over exaggerating the end results, like those that over exaggerate the negative effects to Buff's pinches.

Quote:
If that was his floor then his play would have garnered him a further look there, yet he is now on the wing.
Noel said in a presser that he still see's Burmistrov as a C but that he wanted Antro there to try and stir some change. Random OT note: Burmi said he doesn't mind playing wing to Antro because "Antro plays all over the place." I'm not so sure I like the sounds of that.
I've noticed Noel can be very reactionary with his line changes.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Wait, do you base everything off stats? By saying that he clearly can't cut I'm referring to his inconsistent and sub-par play in that spot and didn't reference points whatsoever. Yes, he clearly can't cut it there because they've chosen of late to no longer use him there. "Cutting it" would entail actually keeping the spot via effective play. His puck management is horrible, he makes terrible decisions with the puck and they usually/often result in the opposition taking over possession.

If that was his floor then his play would have garnered him a further look there, yet he is now on the wing.
So because he got promoted and now receives top 6 minutes with better line mates that means he's no longer capable of being an excellent third line center? That doesn't make sense. He's already proven that he can handle a defensive center role. There is no "he can't cut it" ina third line role. He's proven over this season and last that he can excel in that role. Not sure if you're watching the same player as me, or maybe you just have unrealistic expectations on what a third line center is and their role.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Have a great day, guys, I'm going out now and as such am not going to engage in any prolonged discussion. I think it is highly probable that they'll eventually move this player; you guys are free to believe otherwise. Cheers.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
When I read your description of Antro turning the puck over all the time I thought you were talking about Ladd!

Old
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

03-09-2013, 03:19 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Thanks Hammer! Some dirty assists/goals by Scheifele, and a nice snipe by Kosmo.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Hammer Slammer

No problem! Tax season is over so the work schedule's slowed down a bit. I have time again.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
No problem! Tax season is over so the work schedule's slowed down a bit. I have time again.
Wanna do some more GDT's? I always enjoy your take and sense of humour.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:17 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
It'll be interesting what the top 9 looks like next year because we currently have 4 centers contracted for the top 9 in Little, Jokinen, Burmi, and lets assume Schief. Then there's the chance Antro comes back. Long term I think you see Schief at C, Little at RW, Burmi at C, and Jokinen and Antro gone.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
It'll be interesting what the top 9 looks like next year because we currently have 4 centers contracted for the top 9 in Little, Jokinen, Burmi, and lets assume Schief. Then there's the chance Antro comes back. Long term I think you see Schief at C, Little at RW, Burmi at C, and Jokinen and Antro gone.
My dream is for everyone to reach their potential

Kane - Scheifele - Little/Wheeler
Ladd - Burmistrov - Little/Wheeler

...course you can't count on that... but I can dream.

Personally, I hope that next season Jokinen has a bit of a bounce back... Move Little to RW and do something like:

Ladd - Jokinen - Little/Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele/Burmistrov - Little/Wheeler
xxx - Scheifele/Burmistrov - xxx
Wright - Slater - Peluso

Old
03-09-2013, 07:34 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Nice goal by Scheifele - stole the puck at the Colts blueline from the Bellville d-man, and accelerated away on a breakaway. Couple quick moves and a nice shot on Subban, and he pulled the Colts into a tie with Belleville at 1-1 with 13min left in the 2nd.

He still needs work on his strength on his skates, but there's nothing wrong with his top speed anymore at all. He also easily pulled away from the defender. That's his 35th on the year in 42 games (35g, 37a, 72pts, 1.71ppg)

Old
03-09-2013, 07:38 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Nice goal by Scheifele - stole the puck at the Colts blueline from the Bellville d-man, and accelerated away on a breakaway. Couple quick moves and a nice shot on Subban, and he pulled the Colts into a tie with Belleville at 1-1 with 13min left in the 2nd.

He still needs work on his strength on his skates, but there's nothing wrong with his top speed anymore at all. He also easily pulled away from the defender. That's his 35th on the year in 42 games (35g, 37a, 72pts, 1.71ppg)
Are you watching the game online?

Old
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
Are you watching the game online?
Yessir. Try to catch as many as I can, either on Rogers when I'm in Toronto, or streaming when I'm out of Toronto.

EDIT: Camara pulls the Colts ahead 2-1. Nuttin' for Scheif on this goal.
AAAndd Belleville ties it. Goals are coming quick now.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Belleville has always been a tough matchup for Barrie it seems.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:03 PM
buyinnow

Michigan Hockey ‏@umichhockey
Trouba makes an amazing diving play to keep the puck in the zone and then gets set up for a one-time blast from the point by Deblois 2-0 UM.

Trouba lets a bomb go & Copp buries the rebound. Treais also collects an assist on Copp's powerplay goal. Michigan up 4-1.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:06 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Trouba makes an amazing diving play to keep the puck in the zone and then gets set up for a one-time blast from the point by Deblois 2-0 UM.

Trouba lets a bomb go & Copp buries the rebound. Treais also collects an assist on Copp's powerplay goal. Michigan up 4-1.
Very nice! Wish the Michigan games were more accessible online.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:21 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Yessir. Try to catch as many as I can, either on Rogers when I'm in Toronto, or streaming when I'm out of Toronto.

EDIT: Camara pulls the Colts ahead 2-1. Nuttin' for Scheif on this goal.
AAAndd Belleville ties it. Goals are coming quick now.
Is it a free stream or are you using the OHL pay to watch stream?

Old
03-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Is it a free stream or are you using the OHL pay to watch stream?
From personal experience, if you broadcast free streams of CHL games they hunt you down and threaten you with angry words.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
From personal experience, if you broadcast free streams of CHL games they hunt you down and threaten you with angry words.
Link?

Old
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't think there would be one but I was just making sure.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't think there would be one but I was just making sure.
Yeah, sorry: it's a paid stream, and based on what happened to Hammer, I don't want to re-stream.

I bought the season package - makes the per game price reasonable.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:54 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Hammer made a new friend when he tried to stream some CHL games.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

BTW, my boy Adam Lowry just scored #44!
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/62536

Closed Thread