Old
03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I didn't have the numbers in front of me quack. Go read a couple posts ago with the breakdown of the Crosby contract.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
That might be a lesson to you, Ducksgo. It helps to have an informed opinion.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Meh IMO you tell perry he can have Getzlaf's contract (structured differently) but same average and that's it. If he's not ok with that, you move him. Sad but that's the reality.
And I think this is what's going to happen. We should just ask NJ they feel about not moving thei player at the deadline.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
And I think this is what's going to happen. We should just ask NJ they feel about not moving thei player at the deadline.
They made the Stanley Cup Finals. I'd say while they sure didn't like losing Parise, they went deep in the playoffs. That is worth at lot as well.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGrizzly View Post
And the way he's playing right now he'd be considered a hero. These guys know how to tune out the media, they practice it every day. It's also part of the job to interact. I don't think Toronto would be actively pursuing Perry, just using Kessel as an example. But in a place like Ottawa he wouldn't even be the best player on his team. That right there takes a load off. He still would have to live up to the money he's going to make, which is the main issue but personally I don't think he'll have any problems with that.
You say all players deal with outside distractions equally as well and I say they don't. I think we can agree to disagree.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
The fans... or the organization? Because you might not get the same answer.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:12 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
I think the majority liked the decision. They almost won a cup. Hypothetically, if we're guaranteed a cup final appearance I keep Perry every time.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

To give it some perspective, and keep in mind that I'm not saying the situation is identical, but: Anaheim lost Kariya. For nothing. Is your preference that Anaheim move him, to at least get something, or that they go on a pretty fantastic playoff run?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:34 PM
RPGrizzly

vCash: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You say all players deal with outside distractions equally
Not at all. It's fact that some players let distractions get to them more than others, and let it bring their game down. I mentioned earlier that Perry hasn't had a problem with distractions affecting his on ice play, citing his MVP and Richard trophy season, also being a big part of Stanley Cup and Gold Medal winning teams. Media pressure is a big topic in Sports Psychology, there's no denying that. Perry is a guy that has shown he doesn't get phased by it too much, but we aren't in his head, we can only judge based on performance.

But sure, agree to disagree.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I think the majority liked the decision. They almost won a cup. Hypothetically, if we're guaranteed a cup final appearance I keep Perry every time.
Really? What if we could snag a first and a top prospect? Or better if its a bidding war?

That's actually a pretty darn good discussion. Keep Perry and do a playoff run? Or move him for assets and let the bidding war begin?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
You realize they are the reigning eastern conference champions, currently in the playoffs while parises team sits in 11th with a lot of tough teams fighting for those playoff spots 11th isnt ideal.

Yes they prob hate that they lost parise but they are still a good team and they did come games from winning a cup last season.

If we keep perry go the cup(win or lose) and then come back next season and contend again id be perfectly okay with it.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Really? What if we could snag a first and a top prospect? Or better if its a bidding war?

That's actually a pretty darn good discussion. Keep Perry and do a playoff run? Or move him for assets and let the bidding war begin?
Here is what the owner hears: Make millions of dollars... or lose a player, and keep going.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

This is likely Selanne's last shot at a Cup.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I agree. It was a perfect storm kinda season for him, in that there were no East coast travel dates, as well as only 48+ games, but I don't see him coming back for a full 82 game + Play-offs season.
I, for one, would absolutely love to send him out with another Cup win.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
I agree. It was a perfect storm kinda season for him, in that there were no East coast travel dates, as well as only 48+ games, but I don't see him coming back for a full 82 game + Play-offs season.
I, for one, would absolutely love to send him out with another Cup win.
Well, make that two of us.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Washington may be looking for a shakeup. I would start calling McPhee and see if he is willing to swap Backstrom for Perry. We would address a huge hole in the middle.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You act like he hasn't already won the cup.

It's more emotional for a guy like Koivu who a) hasn't won a cup, b) deserves a cup, c) has played his heart out and leaves everything on the ice

Old
03-09-2013, 07:46 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:

if we can't sign him. we NEED to trade him. losing a player of Perry's calibre without replacing him with anything is beyond retarded asset management

Old
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

Teams that are "contenders" don't trade their star players who are upcoming UFA's.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Washington may be looking for a shakeup. I would start calling McPhee and see if he is willing to swap Backstrom for Perry. We would address a huge hole in the middle.
I'd love it but Washington would never do that.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Washington's definitely a team I'd target, the other's Buffalo. Two struggling, talented teams in need of a shake up, and especially in the case of the latter, with desperate GMs.

Would not be surprised in the least if Buffalo gave up an outrageous package for Perry. Regier is probably going to lose his job unless they make the playoffs and/or adding a guy like Perry. That kind of desperation can lead to stupidity(see: Feaster, Jay).

Old
03-09-2013, 08:09 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Teams that are "contenders" don't trade their star players who are upcoming UFA's.
meh. i don't see us as contenders. and as a small market team, we need to be really wise with our asset management. one run with perry brings in maybe a tiny bit of extra revenue for us, but with our revenue sharing that'll cover some costs.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMonarchs View Post
You act like he hasn't already won the cup.

It's more emotional for a guy like Koivu who a) hasn't won a cup, b) deserves a cup, c) has played his heart out and leaves everything on the ice
Koivu can easily play another 3-5 years in the league, which means this isn't his last shot at the cup. He's also more likely to leave if the Ducks lowball the hell out of him again.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
meh. i don't see us as contenders. and as a small market team, we need to be really wise with our asset management. one run with perry brings in maybe a tiny bit of extra revenue for us, but with our revenue sharing that'll cover some costs.
Unfortunately or fortunately, it doesn't matter what we think. Being a small market team, Samueli probably values the money created from playoff hockey because he is a businessman, and after all the NHL is a business.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
caliamad

There are a few that I think we need to understand. Does perry not want to sign here or only sign here at a price that Anaheim is not comfortable with (which I assume is more than Getzalf). If the latter is the case then traditional for a guy like back storm who has a huge contract as well may not work for Anaheim.

I'm hoping this is all just maneurving as part of the negotiation and in the end he signs an identical deal as Getzalf.

Then we go and get a 2nd line center an try to win the cup.

Closed Thread