HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC on Fuel: Silva vs Stann

Old
03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
So who's next for Hunt? He says he wants to fight again ASAP and wants to fight a top 5 guy, not sure that's a possibility given the top 9 guys in the division are all already booked for fights. I wonder if a fight against Shane Carwin would be possible, depending on when, or if, Carwin will return.

Oh, and this:

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:41 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
I almost hope JDS gets hurt.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:58 AM
kurt
the last emperor

I missed the Wandy knockout! My buddy recorded it and his recording cut out right after the 2nd groin strike. UGH! I'll have to find it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
So who's next for Hunt? He says he wants to fight again ASAP and wants to fight a top 5 guy, not sure that's a possibility given the top 9 guys in the division are all already booked for fights. I wonder if a fight against Shane Carwin would be possible, depending on when, or if, Carwin will return.

Oh, and this:

Has the ship totally sailed on Barnett? I know he doesn't fit the "top 5" hunt wants, but that would be a great fight. Been awhile since they last met.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:19 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post

Oh, and this:

That's Struve's jaw after the fight. My jaw hurts just thinking about that.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:53 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post

That's Struve's jaw after the fight. My jaw hurts just thinking about that.
I love the Romaji translation "SOOTORUVU".

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:36 AM
BGDDYKWL

Boy that Silva-Stann fight sure was exciting. I was hoping Lombard would win just because it might be someone new for Silva, but I really don't think he has anything for him. How awesome is Hunt? One of the last few guys who still has that aura about them. The way he drops the guy and then just walks away is legendary. Either Struve has a terrible camp, or the guy just doesn't execute. He gets hit WAY too much for a guy his height, and with his reach. He's gonna have to retire at 30 if he keeps taking damage like this. The good news is I think the fight I've mentioned repeatedly (JDS-Hunt) might actually happen now. That will be awesome.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
DaaaaB's

War Silva!!! War Hunt!!!!!

Just awesome finishes by both guys. Most pumped up I've been watching an MMA event in a long, long time and maybe ever. I was pretty sure both guys were gonna lose so their wins were that much sweeter for me. To see those guys kicking ass in Japan again was just unreal. Too bad the rest of the card sucked. Lombard's a moron for not keeping it on the feet in the third to pick up what likely would've been an easy TKO/KO win. The Donger was quite impressive, very dominant.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

Lombard has to go down to 170. He can't handle the bigger guys at 185, something I didn't see coming from mini-Hulk.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Lombard has to go down to 170. He can't handle the bigger guys at 185, something I didn't see coming from mini-Hulk.
I don't even think it's that, he just is fighting extremely tentative. When he pushes the pace he looks fine.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I don't even think it's that, he just is fighting extremely tentative. When he pushes the pace he looks fine.
He definitely had the jitters against Boetsch, but I have trouble thinking that he'll be able to effectively defend on the fence and defend double legs at this point.

Plus, there's not a lot of striker friendly matchups at 185

Old
03-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Fanpuck33

Hell of a a main event. It was pretty amazing to see Silva take some of those shots and not go out with his KO history the last few years. Really fun to watch two guys go out and fight like that.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote