HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 08:15 PM
  #151
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
Gabby for Seguin and DZ for Hall?

That would set us up for awhile.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  #152
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Gabby for Seguin and DZ for Hall?

That would set us up for awhile.
I would also take Yakupov and Petry for DZ+

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:25 PM
  #153
JeffMangum
~Dylan~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Gabby for Seguin and DZ for Hall?

That would set us up for awhile.
Hall-Richards-Seguin
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan

Yes plz.

__________________


Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:26 PM
  #154
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
Too bad none of those trades would never happen.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
  #155
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
hahaha sather would go down as the best GM ever if he could get them done, but what do you guys think about trading for Mike Komisarek, if and only if they retain half his salary, would you make that trade? instead of 4.5 its 2.25?

dethomas07 is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:55 PM
  #156
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
hahaha sather would go down as the best GM ever if he could get them done, but what do you guys think about trading for Mike Komisarek, if and only if they retain half his salary, would you make that trade? instead of 4.5 its 2.25?
its worth the risk, at least at worst he can provide some toughness who can actually be a solid 4-5 dman something seriously lacking... Boyle for Kosmisarek i could see happening

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:06 PM
  #157
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Kreider panning out soon seems less and less likely. It seems like he's going to take longer than we thought to figure it out. I think there's no way we separate Hags from Nash. There's not a single player on this team that has benefited more with playing with Nash than Hags has.
1 It is clear Kreider has the tools. He needs experience to develop,
2 He should get max minutes to get that experience/development
3 He could either get at AHL, w/o Torts all over him
or he could be here now, working the third line regularly and some extra minutes first line w/Nash. He could also get special tutoring in between games to accelerate his tutoring.

The faster we get rid of Torts, and this crazy unbalanced system which is a prescription for injuries, the better overall we will be, and the faster Kreider will be here. He'll get here regardless, but the faster he's not worried about someone looking over his shoulder excessively --- because that would not longer be the case --- the faster Kreider is here full time to stay.

Nash is obviously very talented and that helps whoever are his linemates.

I think it makes sense to have Hags w/Nash (the complete package) or Callahan (speed +) FOR NOW.
But Hags is already a little more of a self starter. Especially if you put him w/a speedy C in Miller.

But once he's here, if you pair bookends out of Nash and Kreider, esp. w. a complementary C, that's a major awesome synergy, a dynamic that will help us dominate (most shifts) at least part of the time.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:23 AM
  #158
Sticky Fingers
NYR
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
1 It is clear Kreider has the tools. He needs experience to develop,
2 He should get max minutes to get that experience/development
3 He could either get at AHL, w/o Torts all over him
or he could be here now, working the third line regularly and some extra minutes first line w/Nash. He could also get special tutoring in between games to accelerate his tutoring.

The faster we get rid of Torts, and this crazy unbalanced system which is a prescription for injuries, the better overall we will be, and the faster Kreider will be here. He'll get here regardless, but the faster he's not worried about someone looking over his shoulder excessively --- because that would not longer be the case --- the faster Kreider is here full time to stay.

Nash is obviously very talented and that helps whoever are his linemates.

I think it makes sense to have Hags w/Nash (the complete package) or Callahan (speed +) FOR NOW.
But Hags is already a little more of a self starter. Especially if you put him w/a speedy C in Miller.

But once he's here, if you pair bookends out of Nash and Kreider, esp. w. a complementary C, that's a major awesome synergy, a dynamic that will help us dominate (most shifts) at least part of the time.
MCD, MDZ, Hagelin, Miller etc all made it under Torts. Is Kreider mentally weak and need to be special treated to make it or what? Isn't there a slight possibility that it might be Kreider that just isn't ready yet and need to prove himself, just like everyone else? He was given the chance and didn't take it. Next time he better be prepared.

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:46 AM
  #159
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
hahaha sather would go down as the best GM ever if he could get them done, but what do you guys think about trading for Mike Komisarek, if and only if they retain half his salary, would you make that trade? instead of 4.5 its 2.25?
We have 3 defenders who can play that #6 spot for longer 4 minutes. Yes, they're gonna make bonehead plays or be too slow or too soft every now and then. That's why they're #6 defenders. No need IMO.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 07:06 AM
  #160
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
not a bad idea really. Morrow is not the same player but as a rental UFA reuniting with Richards does make sense.
Maybe we can get Prospal to play the other wing and can call it the slow as death line.

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:25 AM
  #161
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,450
vCash: 500
Dubinsky is available, according to Garrioch.
Quote:
Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen is getting the lay of land, but he's also working the phones trying to clean up the mess left behind by Scott Howson. Sources say Kekalainen has been offering up centre Brandon Dubinsky and his $4.2 million cap hit through 2014-15 around the league. Acquired in the Rick Nash deal by Howson, Dubinsky hasn't been a liability he just makes too much money and Kekalainen doesn't have any ties to the deal ... Will Jarome Iginla stay or will he go? Calgary GM Jay Feaster hasn't dangled the veteran winger, but league spies confirm he has held talks with more than one team to see what he might fetch. If the Flames make this deal they aren't going to hit a home-run. "He can still contribute," said a league executive.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Too much money, unless Columbus ate half the salary/cap hit.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:51 AM
  #162
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Dubinsky is available, according to Garrioch.


http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Too much money, unless Columbus ate half the salary/cap hit.
I always liked Dubinsky... It's a shame that his career has taken a nosedive like it has. Hopefully he can return to form somewhere. I'm not sure who would take on that contract AND give up assets to acquire him...

Barnaby is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
  #163
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,630
vCash: 500
seeing the name Marcel Goc on the trade board. What's his deal?

would Boyle and Zuccarello's rights do it? Same cap hit as Boyle 1 yr left on deal

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 09:57 AM
  #164
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Dubinsky is available, according to Garrioch.


http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Too much money, unless Columbus ate half the salary/cap hit.

Gaborik for Dubi, Arty, & Erixon.

Solves our bottom 6 depth and 5/6 defence depth issues.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:01 AM
  #165
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
dubi at 3C or on the LW right now would be great . at 4.5 m cap hit not so much , 2.5-3 yes

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:05 AM
  #166
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I always liked Dubinsky... It's a shame that his career has taken a nosedive like it has. Hopefully he can return to form somewhere. I'm not sure who would take on that contract AND give up assets to acquire him...
I'd take Dubi for a 3rd.

move him in the off-season for a 4th.

I know it's a downgrade, but as a physical go to the net LW'er he can be helpful for a run.

Defensively responsible, offensively capable, physical and provides a certain level of toughness to the team.

Not a bad pick up

pld459666 is online now  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
  #167
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
how about Boyle and a 3rd for Dubi

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  #168
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Boyle and powe

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:18 AM
  #169
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Boyle and powe
they are not going to add Dubi's contract.

UFA's and players making under 2 million next yr only

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:23 AM
  #170
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
I'd love Dubi back if CBJ ate some of the Cap hit. We need a LW.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:24 AM
  #171
Callafan24
Registered User
 
Callafan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
I've liked most of what we've seen from Powe. Solid 4th liner, can play center, good on the PK on a team that lost most of it's killers in the offseason. That trade was all kinds of win.

Callafan24 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
  #172
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Boyle + one of our 3rds. Cbus eats half the salary. Get it done, Slats.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
  #173
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
I don't think Columbus would be selling Dubi if they were planning on keeping half of his salary.

Of course I would be thrilled with the aforementioned deal. Adds only about 500k to the cap.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  #174
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I don't think Columbus would be selling Dubi if they were planning on keeping half of his salary.

Of course I would be thrilled with the aforementioned deal. Adds only about 500k to the cap.
Sad truth. But let's just keep reality away a little longer, alright?


Last edited by SoftEuro4thLiner: 03-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.
SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
  #175
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
3rd line of Dubi-JT-Cally?

One can dream, right?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.