HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton signs Desjardins (merged)

Old
07-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Urlacher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
isn't he from newfoundland or new brunswick?
He was born in N-B but raised in La Pocatiere, Qc

By the way he signed a 2 years AHL one-way contract...So if he plays in the ECHL he will earn AHL money...

1 - Huet
2 - Aebisher
3 - Danis
4 - Halak
5 - Desjardins

He will be the third goalie in Hamilton, so he will play in both the AHL and ECHL

Urlacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Doc Hock

Cedrick Desjardins?????

You'll have to excuse mon francais but I just noticed a story at RDS and I believe it says that the Hamilton Bulldogs ahve signed goalie Cedrick Desjardins from the Q. If this is correct does it me that Abby is heading out of town and Danis is going to the show?

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hock View Post
You'll have to excuse mon francais but I just noticed a story at RDS and I believe it says that the Hamilton Bulldogs ahve signed goalie Cedrick Desjardins from the Q. If this is correct does it me that Abby is heading out of town and Danis is going to the show?

doc hock
it looks like Desjardins will be headed to the ECHL, unless of course a goaltender trade is made but I don't think this signing is necessarily what that means.

btw your english is really good

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

BTW http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=274785

Quote:

doc hock
No, Cédrick is probably going to start with the Cincinnati Cyclones in the ECHL then if Abby is traded later, he will get called up to the AHL

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

doc hock
I believe it's just in case something happen but most likely a depth move mostly for the our new affiliate team the Cincinnati Cyclones. I really begin to believe that Aebi will not be moved so it will be Halak/Danis in Hamilton so Desjardins becomes a insurance policy in case something happen to our big 4.

Ain't Cedrik greatest fan, but it will be something to see who between Lacasse and him will have a greater career....Desjardins has my vote as of now....But since everything that Roy touches becomes succesful, well we will see if it apply to Loic as well....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 07-26-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
habsfan11

I think you'll see him in the AHL if Abbie is still with the team, meaning Halak would go back to the ECHL.... That way Halak would be playing instead of riding the pine behind Danis... Halak has been progressing well, and there is no reason for him to stall his development by sitting on the bench

habsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_ View Post
I think you'll see him in the AHL if Abbie is still with the team, meaning Halak would go back to the ECHL.... That way Halak would be playing instead of riding the pine behind Danis... Halak has been progressing well, and there is no reason for him to stall his development by sitting on the bench

Last year they went with Danis getting one game then Halak getting the next. I think that will be the case this year unless one gets on a hot streak. I fully expect Desjardins to be in the ECHL even if Aebischer is traded.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
CrazyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I fully expect Desjardins to be in the ECHL even if Aebischer is traded.
And who will be the backup of Halak if Aebischer is traded and Desjardins remain in the ECHL?

CrazyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBob View Post
And who will be the backup of Halak if Aebischer is traded and Desjardins remain in the ECHL?
Danis

Old
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
CrazyBob

Quote:
Danis
Ok.

So who will be the backup of Huet in this case?

CrazyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBob View Post
Ok.

So who will be the backup of Huet in this case?
I assume Gainey would get a cheaper backup in return, due to the comments that they feel Danis needs more time in the AHL, unless he has a great start to the year, I think it will be a 1a 1b type goaltending duo in Hamilton, Danis-Halak with Desjardins in the ECHL.

Old
07-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Toro

Quote:
I assume Gainey would get a cheaper backup in return, due to the comments that they feel Danis needs more time in the AHL, unless he has a great start to the year.
werent they saying that he needed more time last season after his time backing up Theodore till Huet was ready to play?

wouldn't that mean he got it last season and now he needs a little more time to prove himself and domionate the A. Then Gainey can trade abby if he needs too?

I believe he is ready to back up Huet. The Question is, can Huet perform like last season again? This is what is keeping Abby here for now me thinks

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Mackee

I like this depth signing. I like Desjardins, what really impressed me is how he moves across the crease. Very smooth. He was also pretty good with his rebounds and where he directed them. I thought he'd catch on somewhere. Nice to have another goalie in the system.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
werent they saying that he needed more time last season after his time backing up Theodore till Huet was ready to play?

wouldn't that mean he got it last season and now he needs a little more time to prove himself and domionate the A. Then Gainey can trade abby if he needs too?

I believe he is ready to back up Huet. The Question is, can Huet perform like last season again? This is what is keeping Abby here for now me thinks
me thinks you are correct

habsfan44 is online now   Reply With Quote