HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I don't like it, no reason to break up the 3rd line, and Shaw is better at faceoffs than Kruger.
going by the numbers, both suck and none of them is better than the other. They suck at it equal

Old
03-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I'd rather move Shaw than Kruger. Can't believe I'm saying that, but Kruger has Sami Pahlsson upside.
I agree. Shaw is a nice little player but brings nothing really special. Kruger is proving to be a really go PKer who can get you some goals too. Considering this team would rather have the D guy with some offensive upside then the O guy with some defensive upside.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:05 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Or we move neither because both should be cheap enough to keep. The real question after the season is Stalberg versus Bickell. If forced to chose, I put my money with Stalberg.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Or we move neither because both should be cheap enough to keep. The real question after the season is Stalberg versus Bickell. If forced to chose, I put my money with Stalberg.
Both should and are cheap enough to keep as third line options next year.

Shaw - Kruger - Smith/Jayes/Morin/Danualt

Old
03-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
going by the numbers, both suck and none of them is better than the other. They suck at it equal
Going by the numbers, Shaw is better. I never said he was good.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

like I said, both are equally bad

Old
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Bolland + McNeill ,, Think Avs would be willing to move Stastny for that?

Either way Bolland should be trade chip used as part of package to get a #2 C

Old
03-09-2013, 02:12 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bolland + McNeill ,, Think Avs would be willing to move Stastny for that?

Either way Bolland should be trade chip used as part of package to get a #2 C
It shouldn't take much more than that. It really depends on the style a team plays and if Bolland fits their system. I think Bolland fits in good in Colorado. The other thing is how do teams look at the durability of Bolland? Is this a player that can play 75 games or more? That teams have a legit question mark on... Bolland obviously has nice playoff value and experience.

I would trade Bolland and McNeill or Bolland and their choice of any of our prospects outside of TT & Saad. If they wanted Bolland and our 1st rounder I would do that as well.

I would consider Bolland, Bickell & Pirri.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

You know what

Antoine Vermette is a guy I would love to see Hawks bring in

Great at faceoffs , Can slot in #2 role and versatile (Can play all situations)

If yotes fall out would love to see Bowman go after him (Also can afford his cap hit next year without much issue)

Old
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago is not going to be trading for Paul Stastny. No, moving Bolland would not open up enough room.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:58 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Chicago is not going to be trading for Paul Stastny. No, moving Bolland would not open up enough room.
I'd rather trade for Stastny and keep Bolland, seems better for the Hawks to have both IMO, Avs carry half the hit.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Hawks can fit Stastny this year no problem as for next year

Buyout Monty/Olesz + Trade Frolik and it is easy to fit him with Bolland gone

Old
03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Hawks can fit Stastny this year no problem as for next year

Buyout Monty/Olesz + Trade Frolik and it is easy to fit him with Bolland gone
Stastny's $6.6M salary is too high to work for the Hawks. Even if Bolland is traded it would mean the Hawks couldn't (re)sign players to have the depth necessary to be a legit Cup contender. Show me the Capgeek roster where Stastny fits in and the Hawks can still ice a competitive lineup - cuz I just don't see how it's possible.

Any top-6 player acquisition will need to be a UFA so they won't affect the 2013/14 cap. More likely a bottom-6 centerman will be what Stan gets, if anything. And it will need to be from a team out of the playoffs like Florida (Goc or Smithson) or Edmonton (Belanger) or Columbus (Letestu) or Washington (Hendricks or Beagle).

Old
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Stastny's $6.6M salary is too high to work for the Hawks. Even if Bolland is traded it would mean the Hawks couldn't (re)sign players to have the depth necessary to be a legit Cup contender. Show me the Capgeek roster where Stastny fits in and the Hawks can still ice a competitive lineup - cuz I just don't see how it's possible.

Any top-6 player acquisition will need to be a UFA so they won't affect the 2013/14 cap. More likely a bottom-6 centerman will be what Stan gets, if anything. And it will need to be from a team out of the playoffs like Florida (Goc or Smithson) or Edmonton (Belanger) or Columbus (Letestu) or Washington (Hendricks or Beagle).
Trade Bolland + for Stastny this year

- In summer use compliance buyouts on Montador/Olesz
- Trade Frolik and his final year

Re-Sign Leddy (2.150M cap hit) and Kruger (1.35M cap hit)

Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.350m) / ?
?

Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.150m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Klas Dahlbeck ($0.750m)

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
?

OTHER
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,783,878; BONUSES: $505,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,079,000

Over 4M to bring in a backup goalie , bottom 6 winger and an extra forward

Old
03-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Illinihockey

Colorado isn't trading Stastny. People need to stop with these ridiculous trade scenarios

Old
03-09-2013, 07:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Trade Bolland + for Stastny this year

- In summer use compliance buyouts on Montador/Olesz
- Trade Frolik and his final year

Re-Sign Leddy (2.150M cap hit) and Kruger (1.35M cap hit)

Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m) / Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.350m) / ?
?

Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.150m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Klas Dahlbeck ($0.750m)

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
?

OTHER
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,783,878; BONUSES: $505,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,079,000

Over 4M to bring in a backup goalie , bottom 6 winger and an extra forward
That bottom-6 is pretty bad and you're obviously missing 2 forwards (one being the 13th) and a back-up.

You also lowballed both Leddy and Kruger. You can't look at Subban's contract and say there's no way Leddy gets more than that. It will depend on how many years Chicago signs him for. As I've maintained throughout the year, I believe Chicago wants to sign Leddy for more than 2 years, which means he'll make more than Subban. So, bump up Leddy closer to or at 3M, bump Kruger up close to 2M, add in a backup and two forwards and next thing you know Chicago has no breathing room in regards to the cap and you have 2 first full-year players on your third line and 4/5 out of 6 bottom-6 forwards would be 23 or younger with not a whole lot of NHL experience combined.

Grrreat.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Sarava

I would agree with others - forget Stastny. Even if they could squeeze him in to the cap (unlikely), it puts the squeeze on everything for the next several years. Eventually they'll need room to give the young guys raises, etc.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I would agree with others - forget Stastny. Even if they could squeeze him in to the cap (unlikely), it puts the squeeze on everything for the next several years. Eventually they'll need room to give the young guys raises, etc.
Completely forgot about that. You can forget about affording Toews and Kane's raises and affording Saad when his contract up. It's just plain stupid to be investing that much against the cap into a guy that would be your 4th or 5th best forward.

And, lets be realistic.. Colorado wouldn't be eating any of his caphit when they're going to be in the same division as Chicago next year. They aren't going to do them any favors.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
That bottom-6 is pretty bad and you're obviously missing 2 forwards (one being the 13th) and a back-up.

You also lowballed both Leddy and Kruger. You can't look at Subban's contract and say there's no way Leddy gets more than that. It will depend on how many years Chicago signs him for. As I've maintained throughout the year, I believe Chicago wants to sign Leddy for more than 2 years, which means he'll make more than Subban. So, bump up Leddy closer to or at 3M, bump Kruger up close to 2M, add in a backup and two forwards and next thing you know Chicago has no breathing room in regards to the cap and you have 2 first full-year players on your third line and 4/5 out of 6 bottom-6 forwards would be 23 or younger with not a whole lot of NHL experience combined.

Grrreat.
Leddy is not getting more then Subban/Kulikov/Del Zotto who are all currently better dmen then him

And Kruger is not worth close to 2M and if he wants that he will be gone

Old
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Leddy is not getting more then Subban/Kulikov/Del Zotto who are all currently better dmen then him

And Kruger is not worth close to 2M and if he wants that he will be gone
You're right, arguably the best penalty-killer on the team, who's also on pace for 32 points (per 82 games), playing mostly on the 4th line isn't going to get close to 2M. Lol.

And, again, Leddy isn't going to get a "bridge" contract from Chicago. They're going to sign him for more than 2 years. Leddy's not in a position to demand 5M+, so Chicago will pay him what he's actually worth (2.8-3M) and sign him for more than 2 years. Leddy gets the money he's earned and Chicago doesn't necessarily have to make a huge jump in pay on his third contract. Win-win.

I know you're trying to lowball Leddy and Kruger because you want there to be a chance that Stastny could fit - but there isn't and you are lowballing Leddy and Kruger.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

With cap going down there is no reason for Hawks to give Leddy anything but a bridge contract at this point

He is our #6 dman not playing 20 minutes a night and all situations like Subban/Del Zetto types

He is not star worthy of longterm contract at this point like Kane/Toews. No reason to overpay and no reason got give him longterm contract at this point

Old
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
With cap going down there is no reason for Hawks to give Leddy anything but a bridge contract at this point

He is our #6 dman not playing 20 minutes a night and all situations like Subban/Del Zetto types

He is not star worthy of longterm contract at this point like Kane/Toews. No reason to overpay and no reason got give him longterm contract at this point
Leddy's the #5 Dman on this team. Roszival's been playing well, but he is not better than Leddy (Aghast!).

Besides, you know Leddy's only going to get better and sooner rather than later, he's going to be the #3 on this team. Why would you not give him what he's worth today (2.8-3M), which is 600-800K more than you have him getting, and get him on a longer-term contract, which will help your team 2-3 years from now when you want to resign Saad, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Shaw, etc?

And I'm not saying sign Leddy to a 5+ year deal. I'm saying, give him a little more today and get him on a 3/4 year deal, which won't cripple you today and will help you down the road. It was also make the transition to his third contract easier, because instead of Leddy jumping from 2M to 4.5-5M, he's jumping from 3M to 4.5M-5M.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Leddy's the #5 Dman on this team. Roszival's been playing well, but he is not better than Leddy (Aghast!).

Besides, you know Leddy's only going to get better and sooner rather than later, he's going to be the #3 on this team. Why would you not give him what he's worth today (2.8-3M), which is 600-800K more than you have him getting, and get him on a longer-term contract, which will help your team 2-3 years from now when you want to resign Saad, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Shaw, etc?

And I'm not saying sign Leddy to a 5+ year deal. I'm saying, give him a little more today and get him on a 3/4 year deal, which won't cripple you today and will help you down the road. It was also make the transition to his third contract easier, because instead of Leddy jumping from 2M to 4.5-5M, he's jumping from 3M to 4.5M-5M.
2.8-3m is wayyy too much, and I like him.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Tayvaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Colorado isn't trading Stastny. People need to stop with these ridiculous trade scenarios
Agree with this, there is no reason for Colorado to trade him right now unless someone blows them away with an offer.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Illinihockey

I remember when people were pencilling Hjalmersson in at 2.25 mil.

Closed Thread