HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Penguins vs. Leafs in a Pond Hockey Game

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I don't want to get into a huge debate about Vitale - but come on guys. Nobody here can actually make a solid argument that Vitale isn't our best 4th liner. It's a joke.

But he didn't play so I don't want to waste this thread. DB playing them in late periods is a JOKE.
Our 4th line has no size and it can't sustain anything.

Old
SaturdayNightSlegr

+ A big 2 points against a strong Toronto team. This Leafs team is a playoff team. I'm all for them taking the Flyer's spot.

- Crosby gets the #1 star while dominating the ice all over the place but getting only 1 point. Of course Stamkos gets 2 tonight while not even making that game's 3 stars.

- The PK sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. The Pens have had some good reg. season numbers - so what? It was 15/16 teams (72.1%) 3 years ago in the playoffs, 15/16 teams (70.4%) 2 years ago in the playoffs, and historically bad 16/16 teams (47.8%) last year.

This year its 20th in the league at 79.6% - not sure if that includes today or not.

Fluery can be better but the net front defense is non-existent. Pens let opposing teams have time and space in front of Fleury and seam passes for one timers all day. Also, Craig Adams, while an adequate PKer, should not lead the team in shorthanded ice time for forwards by a wide margin. Faceoffs also seem to be an issue.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Orpik almost purposely passes off the mark.

He's also as dumb as **** when it comes to ringing the puck around the boards. Martin will be 10 feet away, and he'll rip it up the ice to "OMG GET THE PUCK OUT!!!"

I don't think people realize how many enemy forechecks are sustained because this guy is a moron and is too afraid or too stupid to make a short pass to an open man.
Oh, we realize it. You know how #10 gives you chest pains. The puck on #44's stick in the defensive zone gives them to me.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Folks remember... do not respond to trolling
That includes Rossi's tweets.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
I don't want to get into a huge debate about Vitale - but come on guys. Nobody here can actually make a solid argument that Vitale isn't our best 4th liner. It's a joke.

But he didn't play so I don't want to waste this thread. DB playing them in late periods is a JOKE.
I really really really like Dustin Jeffrey as our fourth-line center. He's versatile, he can play both special teams, win a draw, play wing, play the point on the PP, do pretty much anything you want.

Course, we'll probably trade him on April 3 so I should just stop liking Jeffrey now.

Old
vyktor

Quote:
Orpik almost purposely passes off the mark.

He's also as dumb as **** when it comes to ringing the puck around the boards. Martin will be 10 feet away, and he'll rip it up the ice to "OMG GET THE PUCK OUT!!!"

I don't think people realize how many enemy forechecks are sustained because this guy is a moron and is too afraid or too stupid to make a short pass to an open man.
On the ice for 3 of 4 goals against again to night. WTF was he doing on the play when Sutter saved the goal? And the only penalty they killed was when he was in the box.

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:

Funny thing is, the local Pens reporters who actually have access to the ******* team, make comments about the 4th line being on late, against opposing 1st lines, etc...

Yet, they don't bring the issues up at the actual pressers. Grow some balls and stop being scared of having your press pass revoked.

If people want to ***** about the 4th line and DB's use of them? Go ahead, you'll got nothing but agreement from me.

I'm starting to miss Laraque and Roberts for ****'s sakes.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
KIRK

Quote:
MTLPenFan hit on something during the game... our breakout had a nice new wrinkle to it. We had a guy coming back to the play on the stretch which opened up a back supporting lane. It was working well. It was a shorter pass with a short chip. We gained the zone with speed.
So, you're saying there's hope that Tanner Glass sits and Despres dresses next game.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

So many things I want to go off on a tangent about, but why bother. Going to be positive here and stick to talking a little about BB.

I want to give a public shout to TD who I had private discussions about with BB while we followed him. I wasn't completely sold on BB until I saw him in the A, but TD was really high on him the entire time.

BB is showing all of the things you thought he could be bro. Props.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
[/B][/B]

Funny thing is, the local Pens reporters who actually have access to the ******* team, make comments about the 4th line being on late, against opposing 1st lines, etc...

Yet, they don't bring the issues up at the actual pressers. Grow some balls and stop being scared of having your press pass revoked.

If people want to ***** about the 4th line and DB's use of them? Go ahead, you'll got nothing but agreement from me.

Hey, BGL is attempting a comeback next September. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
So, you're saying there's hope that Tanner Glass sits and Despres dresses next game.
As if...

Old
KIRK

Quote:
[/B][/B]

Well, now that I have the papal blessing . . .

And, the Pittsburgh media . . . grow a pair. Not happening.

Old
Pi

vCash: 100
Crosby was just unbelievable for you guys tonight...I can't believe he only had 1 point (1G) tonight.

He was dominating every damn shift.

Malkin didn't seem like himself tonight though...probably because he's still getting back from injury.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:37 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Crosby was just unbelievable for you guys tonight...I can't believe he only had 1 point (1G) tonight.

Malkin didn't seem like himself tonight though...probably because he's still getting back from injury.
I thought Geno had a really great 1st period.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:38 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Oh, we realize it. You know how #10 gives you chest pains. The puck on #44's stick in the defensive zone gives them to me.
Next GDT, we'll count how many of those plays he makes, agreed?

There was one point in the third where Martin was alone on the wall, Orpik takes a snapshot and SEES Martin there, but instead of going "soft" on the boards, he just rips about as hard a backhander as possible as if he'd entered a contest.

Honestly, I want this guy gone. Nisky gets **** on way to much around here, but at least he's not afraid to *GASP* make a pass through through the middle to an OPEN man, or make the right board play.

Sure, he could have been better on the Mac goal, but he was forced to take the center drive. A save would have been nice there. I ****ing HATE when a lefty, going down the left side scores on the far side. ****ing despise it.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
So many things I want to go off on a tangent about, but why bother. Going to be positive here and stick to talking a little about BB.

I want to give a public shout to TD who I had private discussions about with BB while we followed him. I wasn't completely sold on BB until I saw him in the A, but TD was really high on him the entire time.

Bennett is also the right fit for the Malkin line. I've always felt that our second line should be offense, offense and more offense. We have enough size on the line and all three are offensive players. Their job is to score and create chances and keep the other team pinned in their end. It's perfect.

AND, if Geno's out, just keep it together and slide Jeffrey up between them. It won't be a complete black hole, as opposed to something like say Bennett-Sutter-Despres or something like that.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:39 PM
JTG

Our rookies are going to give a huge boost to this lineup once they get some seasoning. Highly impressed with both Despres and Bennett.

Old
KIRK

Quote:

Jiggy, and I'll give you props for two things:

1. As a Plan C, if the prices are too high, Kunitz-Sid-MacArthur would have a nice little ring to it.

2. I didn't think BB would roll with Geno so well, especially with Neal's feet moving consistency issues, but he's been better than I'd hoped. In terms of the little things, he's kind of playing the Talbot role for Geno . . . not a banger, but he somehow wins his battles and knows when to support, when to give space, and where to be. Only linemates I've seen get Geno instantly on the level BB does are Malone, Talbot, and Kulie.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Our rookies are going to give a huge boost to this lineup once they get some seasoning. Highly impressed with both Despres and Bennett.
More seasoning and a little more trust from the coaching staff.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:40 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Well, now that I have the papal blessing . . .

And, the Pittsburgh media . . . grow a pair. Not happening.
I'm so lazy right now, I just stuck a raw chicken breast in the microwave for 20 minutes so it can cook.

Believe me, nobody needs the blessing of anyone who does that

Old
03-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Candyman

Blows my mind all the hatred for Orpik. Seriously, he's not that bad.

First PP goal tonight was bad, i'll give you that. but really would you rather play Eaton for 23 minutes a night?

Old
03-09-2013, 09:41 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I thought Geno had a really great 1st period.
That's because he did. He actually was pretty good the whole game. Really since returning from the concussion, he's attacking again.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
[/B][/B]

They can get those players at the deadline. I just hope they do. TK and Glass need to go.

But yeah.. you nailed it. I think Molinari was calling out reporters recently for not bringing those questions to pressers either on Twitter. They are a bunch of wussies.

Quote:

Nice. That's a good eye for talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Yeah man, Sid was something else tonight. I think i stood up and said wow more times than I could count.

The person on the Leafs that looked damn good was Dion. The other night he had TEN hits. Tonight I think he had 3 assists. He's been good, eh?

Old
03-09-2013, 09:43 PM
MtlPenFan

All I know is BB's saucer pass was not only far, but HIGH. Yet, it did not bounce. Not easy to do. Reminded me of when I bought the Guy Lafleur "How to play hockey" video cassette when I was a kid.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:43 PM
KIRK

Quote:
I'm so lazy right now, I just stuck a raw chicken breast in the microwave for 20 minutes so it can cook.

Believe me, nobody needs the blessing of anyone who does that
****, I thought it took 10 minutes in the nuker.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Blows my mind all the hatred for Orpik. Seriously, he's not that bad.

First PP goal tonight was bad, i'll give you that. but really would you rather play Eaton for 23 minutes a night?
If we can get him back up to NHL game speed once again in time for the first round of the playoffs, abso-frickin'-lutely.

Orpik is reputation nowadays. He's the Brad Richards of defensive defensemen.

Closed Thread