HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Greg Pateryn re-assigned to Hamilton (March 13)

Old
03-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
I remember him with one really solid hit, showed some strength.

For the most part, he kept it simple, and played okay considering he's had no practice time with the club.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I remember him with one really solid hit, showed some strength.

For the most part, he kept it simple, and played okay considering he's had no practice time with the club.
The kid can adapt to the system in one game while Ryder still look lost on the ice...

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:45 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
The kid can adapt to the system in one game while Ryder still look lost on the ice...
But somehow keeps getting points

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:48 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

COuldnt shoot the puck accurately

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
It is to be expected, the shooting lanes disppear quicker in the NHL than in the A. I remember one shift where he took a shot that seemed precise but it went right on the shinpads of the forward in front of him, Later in the same shift he had another shot but then realized that it was gonna get blocked so he shot it wide in the corner.

Eventually the game will slow down for him. At least he showed on the same shift that he learns from his mistakes.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:37 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Patery is the second piece we got for Grabovski. Can't remember who we took with the 2nd rounder. Or did we flip it for one of BG/PG's annual rentals?
Patery will get you nowhere.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:50 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Patery will get you nowhere.
You are showing your ignorance here my friend. You need to do your homework better. GP has been solid and just what we need. Not every D man should have PK or Markov skills.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
You are showing your ignorance here my friend. You need to do your homework better. GP has been solid and just what we need. Not every D man should have PK or Markov skills.
Flattery will get you nowhere.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:32 AM
1UP

The guy is 22, fresh out of the NCAA and isn't getting outmuscled off the puck.

Remember he played less games than most kids his age, since he didn't play in the CHL. He learned fast in the AHL.

He's a meaty D that'll probably hit his potential in 4-5 years. For a 1st NHL game he wasn't too bad. Of course nothing spectacular, but he didn't hurt the team, and was talking a lot with Bouillon. Cube's a great veteran to have with kids like that, I think

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
By the way- is the title inaccurate. Re-called means he has been in the bigs previously.

Hate to be picky........
It's really not. He was sent down already. How else would he have played for Hamilton?

Anyway, he did some good things last night. A few mistakes, but nothing that cost us. Decent NHL debut, I say.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
It's really not. He was sent down already. How else would he have played for Hamilton?

Anyway, he did some good things last night. A few mistakes, but nothing that cost us. Decent NHL debut, I say.
I'm confused so bear with me.
Yesterday was his first game as a Hab. So when was he ever sent down from Habs? if he never previously played for them how can he be recalled? Thanks

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Yesterday was his first game as a Hab. So when was he ever sent down from Habs? if he never previously played for them how can he be recalled? Thanks
He was on the Habs roster during training camp, if you want to get technical.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Corncob

Quote:

He has a contract with the Habs therefore had to be sent down to play in Hamilton and has now be recalled to Montreal. In answer to your specific question, September 17th was when he was sent down.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Rick16

Is there any confirmations on if he's gonna play or not tonight?

Rick16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
It is to be expected, the shooting lanes disppear quicker in the NHL than in the A. I remember one shift where he took a shot that seemed precise but it went right on the shinpads of the forward in front of him, Later in the same shift he had another shot but then realized that it was gonna get blocked so he shot it wide in the corner.

Eventually the game will slow down for him. At least he showed on the same shift that he learns from his mistakes.
I remember that. I also remember thinking, he's learning. How many young players would just shoot anyways and try to get the puck through the opposing player. THis guy has what, 22 pro games at the AHL level + 1 morning skate with his teamates. Not even a practice with JJ Daigneault to instruct him. He needs a little time. I don't think he got back on the ice last night after we made it 3-2. Which is fine, we needed that tying goal.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

It's not even re-called, it's recalled as written.

Sour grapes, people, sheesh. Pateryn was just fine, looking forward to seeing more of him. Hope he's not the next Côté. Decent, as you said.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
habtastic

I really hope that was just nerves from him. Nothing great to see there last night. Okay, so he can make a pass (many of them not crisp). I am certainly looking forward to him playing how he can play, but last night - he was bad, and that's fine, it didn't cost us. Move on, get better.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I really hope that was just nerves from him. Nothing great to see there last night. Okay, so he can make a pass (many of them not crisp). I am certainly looking forward to him playing how he can play, but last night - he was bad, and that's fine, it didn't cost us. Move on, get better.
First NHL game, let's chillax.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Anyone have a link to that slapshot from the point that went at almost a 90 degree angle?

As I said, he's a solid player, but as a D, isn't going to jump in like PK and start contributing right away. Good for him to get some experience. He did throw a good hit.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:12 PM
coolasprICE

This guy played like a "Nobody''.

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Bullsmith

Not a terrible first game. He's the kind of guy the team can use.

Dogs are quite a terrible team this year, but they do have some very interesting prospects. Good to see older guys like Pateryn being called up instead of Tinordi or Beaulieu.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post

There was definately at least one occasion where you could tell he missed the net on purpose to bank it off the back boards.

Schwang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Pateryn looked steady & I liked his stay at home style. Pretty invisible but in a good way. When I did notice him he didn't look out of place. Good conscience of clearing the blueline. When Bouillon left the defensive slot, "Pat 'Er In" went to guard the front of the net.

I wish he hadn't fanned on his slapper attempt, but I'm not knocking him. He'll get another chance to show off the laser beam

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Not a terrible first game. He's the kind of guy the team can use.

Dogs are quite a terrible team this year, but they do have some very interesting prospects. Good to see older guys like Pateryn being called up instead of Tinordi or Beaulieu.
It's interesting in a way.

Take Gallagher for instance. On the Dogs, quite a few people wondered if his point production in Vancouver would ever translate on a bigger scale. When he wasn't producing as much in Hamilton, people started to worry. However, once he made the jump to the NHL, things changed. Top 3 in NHL scoring, tied for 1st in +/- and leader in game-winning goals - all in the rookie category, by the way.

It's not very telling about a player's ability based on his performance in Hamilton. Gallagher is a prime example of that and over time, the same will be said for players like Pateryn, Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc.. Hell, even Dumont looked great last night.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Tyson

One game in which he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did not hurt the team and people are already writing him off...wow.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote