HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official All things "club red" thread (not food inclusive)

Old
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
That is what it really boils down to, timing. Instead of building the Club, they should have enhanced the fan experience first, on and off the ice. Off the ice, the jumbotron is the obvious issue. No replays and tons of commercials take the fun and interest out of the game. On the ice, a better surface would not only make the game better for the players, but for the fans viewing as well. I believe they recently upgraded the ice management system, but the ice still seems to be quite sloppy.

The issue I have with the Club is that Yormark thought that they could build off of momentum sustained after ONE year in the playoffs. When you factor the one playoff appearance in over 10 years, against the circus that was the Florida Panthers prior to last season, the timing to build the Club was way off. If the Panthers went out and say signed a Sidney Crosby and a Alex Ovechkin, then you go and build the Club, because you know ticket requests would increase 100x, ala the Miami Heat. That is the type of affect you need to have in order to build the Club. This team should have made the playoffs a couple of more seasons, generated more excitement in the community, built the fan experience, THEN go and build the Club.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing our minor league organization to one of the best run franchises in all of sports. For a good majority of the Heats history, they have been a successful franchise; playoffs, multiple division titles, three finals appearances, and two titles in the last six years. Their representatives treat the season ticket holders better than any team in South Florida, have one of the best owners in sports, have had stability from management down since the 90s, and overall, scream first class. I have been to season ticket holder events for the Heat, and the accessibility was unlike anything I ever really had in the 10 years I was a season ticket holder with the Panthers. Nothing I have said could be said about the Panthers, except maybe Tallon, but he still remains to be seen. Not to mention, the Heat have the best player on the planet, and two of the top 15-20 players as well, so they can pretty much do what they want at this point.
Agree with everything you said. Comparing us to the heat is laughable.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:33 AM
jol

Stubhub is selling tickets for Club Red, single tickets, $199 per ticket.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
I solve problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
How did yormark get a loan from the county to pay for this? I cannot imagine the political mess that will come out once they finally determine that this ridiculous idea cannot sustain itself.
Very good post, Slick Cat. Well done. On this point, it wasn't hard to request another loan considering the members of the Commission and their ties to the Arena and the franchise. LaMarca, Ritter, Rodstrom, being the main trio with Jacobs the fourth. The only two commissioners who voted against it were Wexler and Gunzberger. Ritter abstained, given her husbands ties to the organization. Holness brought some measured wishes regarding perfomances, etc. Lieberman, Sharief, and Henry had "unique" opinions regarding the loan.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...r#post39142249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
How does tampa get a top notch scoreboard for ALL of their fans to enjoy, without getting a loan from the city -- while our team gets a loan to pay for a failed money maker, alienating the most loyal fans? and they have a Stanley cup and a much more successful product on the ice on top of it.
Well... that could be 2 reasons. One, with Vinik being the sole owner there's no complexity in having to perform a cash call for capital expenditures. Vinik saw the need and executed. Going as far as to cut the Hillsborough County Commission a break. Yet, it's a little more than just a "deep pocket" owner. Although it was a necessity, it was also a pay-it-forward/good faith gesture as there's several benefits to Vinik's advantage when dealing with the City, County, and the Tampa Sports Authority, let alone the immediate impact of fan experiences (think revenue). We'll see later on down the road what benefits greasing the wheel will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Any reason they didnt borrow at the same time $$ for a jumbotron to serve the season ticket holder?
AG, wasn't that the original plan, or original notion of the 2nd loan request? Or at the very least the expectations we all had? Now that the Club Red loan has the Capital Improvements clause added into the measure, $500K a year held in escrow IIRC, perhaps that will be the genesis of replacing the Scoreboard at some point soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
They had enough success to get the loan approved...
The loan and the request for that loan came before last season's successful run.

Major4Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:10 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Panthers are having a fan forum with to tool tonight before the game, so whoever is going, PLEASE let our voices be heard!

Oh, and BTW, here is Club Dead from the Pink concert last night:

Im curious, what does a performer feel when they step on the stage and see that? We know what type of negative publicity this is receiving so far, but has anyone actually thought about what type of negative effect this will have on booking future performers?

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

Quote:
Panthers are having a fan forum with to tool tonight before the game, so whoever is going, PLEASE let our voices be heard!

Im curious, what does a performer feel when they step on the stage and see that? We know what type of negative publicity this is receiving so far, but has anyone actually thought about what type of negative effect this will have on booking future performers?
Dear God, that's terrible - living in a city in the UK with a big arena, I cannot imagine them EVER letting it get to this stage. Even the Royal Albert Hall in London asks season ticket holders to give their seats back for one-off concerts (including youth concerts and so on, where there might not be a big audience to begin with). All those people who probably really wanted to attend, as well...grim.

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:31 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:

Man what happened Yormark must have bought up all the Club Red seats for his friends. Seriously though what a disgrace.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:26 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Did anyone go to the fan forum last night? If so, what went on?

Old
03-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Gillam_09

Send a message via MSN to Gillam_09
Attendance

Hey guys, got a quick question about attendance. every Home game i watch it seems like behind the benches the seats are always empty. can anyone elloborate? are these corporate seats like Toronto.Last year the home games on tv seemed to be always a packed house.

Gillam_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
RainingRats

Yeah, Club Red. They're corporate/premium seats. Supposedly 70% have been sold.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:50 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
More like take the zero off from that number.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
And the seats cost 10's of thousands of dollars, thus they will never sell out. And most of the people who do have them stay at the top portion where the food and drinks are. And that, my friend, is why it always looks empty.

Biggest bonehead move by Yorkman ever!!! Should've bought a new scoreboard.

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Panthers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThugsNHarmony View Post
Biggest bonehead move by Yorkman ever!!! Should've bought a new scoreboard.
Watching the replays are pointless on our scoreboard. It has to be one of the worst! I really hope we get a new one soon.

The most people I have seen actually in their seats at club read was the penguin game I was at. I was wondering if you can't make a game and your a club red member are you able to sell your seat for that night?

Panthers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

God, how many of these threads are we going to see!?!?!? A simple search would show multiple threads on the topic already.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:10 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

I wonder if this Club Red will be around next year?

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:18 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
yessir unfortunately...

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Of course, too late to turn back now. Even if it eventually sells out, which I think it will, there's always going to be empty seats because if it was me I would hang out in the lounge and eat spectacular food all night as well. We'll just have to live with it.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:33 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Of course, too late to turn back now. Even if it eventually sells out, which I think it will, there's always going to be empty seats because if it was me I would hang out in the lounge and eat spectacular food all night as well. We'll just have to live with it.
Do we really? It looks terrible on TV and it doesn't seem well thought out. That can't last long.
Put a great team on the ice and make the fans happy. It's a pretty simple idea.
Yorkman has failed in everything he has done that is hockey related so far. Thank god we have Tallon , he is the only reason this team is moving forward and the only reason I still care at this point.

Last edited by JP Mick: 03-10-2013 at 03:43 AM.
JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Do we really? It looks terrible on TV and it doesn't seem well thought out. That can't last long.
Put a great team on the ice and make the fans happy. It's a pretty simple idea.
Yorkman has failed in everything he has done that is hockey related so far. Thank god we have Tallon , he is the only reason this team is moving forward and the only reason I still care at this point.
If they ditch Club Red now, the team will lose a ton of money. So yes, there's no choice but to keep it going. It was a few years premature, but there's nothing that can be done about it now. It looks terrible on TV, but we'll survive. What looks good or bad on TV doesn't affect the bottom line. They are going to make a ton of money off of Club Red. When we ice a consistent winner in a few years, people with money are going to flock to it. I'm not defending Yormark, I'm stating the financial realities of the team.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:

L O ****ing L. How did he ever talk the city into giving him money for this garbage?

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:33 AM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Quote:
God, how many of these threads are we going to see!?!?!?
Apparently one for each empty seat in Club Red. Seriously, it's no shame to try and mazximize one's income (legally), but this doesn't seem to be the most well thought out plan in sports history.

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers3 View Post
Watching the replays are pointless on our scoreboard. It has to be one of the worst! I really hope we get a new one soon.

The most people I have seen actually in their seats at club read was the penguin game I was at. I was wondering if you can't make a game and your a club red member are you able to sell your seat for that night?
Hahaha.. Replays, what are those.

They should just sell club red bar and lounge tickets.. Then just make the seats back to normal. Why do they need the seats if they're not gonna sit there. Seems like the most logical solution.

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Hahaha.. Replays, what are those.

They should just sell club red bar and lounge tickets.. Then just make the seats back to normal. Why do they need the seats if they're not gonna sit there. Seems like the most logical solution.
If you're paying 10k for your seat, you better have the option to go sit there if you want.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
If you're paying 10k for your seat, you better have the option to go sit there if you want.
I'm just saying.. Make it cheaper, and let people just stay in the bar/club red area.. Add on seats to those that want them. Sell the other seats individually..

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
I'm just saying.. Make it cheaper, and let people just stay in the bar/club red area.. Add on seats to those that want them. Sell the other seats individually..
This is what I would do.

Let the Club Red STH's decide where they want to experience the game - in the bar, or in their seat. They can decide from season to season, with a deadline being some time in July. Then, from July on out, offer the remaining seats at a slightly higher STH rate (higher than what us working stiffs pay currently), with the understanding that the bar/concert package does not apply to them. They HAVE to watch from the concession area or in their seats.

For concerts, I would also have the Club Red STHs choose the concerts they will be attending, then sell off the rest of the seats as individual tickets.

The organization could make an even higher profit on those seats, and we don't look like idiots on tv. They would basically be selling the same seat twice.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:13 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
The whole point is to make it exclusive. You'll water down the exclusivity if you do that.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote