HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 6-0: Look at all the Goals we don't score!

Old
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Agreed fully, but just to interject when N Schultz came here most posters were telling me he was definitely a shutdown D and a very good fit here. If he's not a legit top pair shutdown guy then what fit was serviced? Its pretty clear he's 2nd pairing right now and getting strafed and burned with any harder assignment.

People justified the whole trade on N Schultz being a better fit here and more what we need.

One of the most misleading things was people describing this as a physical D.
I watched about 15 Wild games last year and Nick Schultz was a low event defender. A quiet dman that didn't make many mistakes. In my previous post I think I touched on reasons why I think he (along with all the other Dmen) are struggling this season.

Tambos rosters are a recipe for failure. That is the one consistent element we have seen since his arrival. He has no idea how to build a hockey team and it devalues the veteran players and causes issues for the younger players.

guymez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Seguin has surged after a slow start to pull even with Hall in scoring. He's been an absolute beast for the B's the last 15 games. His defensive tenacity is approaching Marchand-level as well. Great to see.
Nice passive aggressive post to push your Seguin > Hall agenda. When are you you and some others going to let go of this Seguin vs. Hall thing? Who the hell cares?
The Oilers are happy with Hall, the Bruins are happy with Seguin and that's that.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hall would probably be a beast on a perennial SC contender too.

Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
For the first time in my life I think, I missed an Oilers game with nothing better to do. I decided to listen to a couple of albums instead and had a blast.

I really suggest this to the rest of you. I will still follow the team but I am not going to waste 3 hours every couple of days to watch this junk anymore.
I went for a long walk, on a beautiful evening, came home to a 3-0 score and turned on curling. It felt great.

Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
sundog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
I went for a long walk, on a beautiful evening, came home to a 3-0 score and turned on curling. It felt great.
I watched a movie with my kids and then we played mini sticks in the basement. It was refreshing having hockey in the house that didn't make me angry.

sundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:25 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Not really. Pretty direct if you ask me.

This is in response to the usual suspects IATL, MoonlapseVertigo, etc who can't seem to respond to a post of mine without mentioning "the score" between these 2.
"The score" will always be that Edmonton and Boston wanted Hall, and both teams are happy with their player.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Where is our saviour Katz? Probably in his million dollar house plotting other ways to scam taxpayers.
Um... try $25 million dollar house.

Or $20 million dollar penthouse in Vancouver.

Ek het lief Woef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
For the first time in my life I think, I missed an Oilers game with nothing better to do. I decided to listen to a couple of albums instead and had a blast.

I really suggest this to the rest of you. I will still follow the team but I am not going to waste 3 hours every couple of days to watch this junk anymore.
I've been doing the same. Why spend 3 hours getting furious when you can do something you enjoy.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:44 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
I've been doing the same. Why spend 3 hours getting furious when you can do something you enjoy.
But the only thing I really enjoy takes me 5 minutes.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:27 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I watched about 15 Wild games last year and Nick Schultz was a low event defender. A quiet dman that didn't make many mistakes. In my previous post I think I touched on reasons why I think he (along with all the other Dmen) are struggling this season.

Tambos rosters are a recipe for failure. That is the one consistent element we have seen since his arrival. He has no idea how to build a hockey team and it devalues the veteran players and causes issues for the younger players.
He's struggling because he apparently doesn't realize that it's Justin Schultz who should be trying to pinch at the offensive blue line. He's been far from "low event" this season.

Part of it likely is coaching. Every defenseman I've seen them interview this year has said something about being told to be more active in the play, that they're trying to get their defense more involved... but Schultz doesn't have the ability, so they should probably tell him to stop trying.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
It pains to me admit this but the loss of Horcoff killed RNH's game. He is just not ready for the minutes he has been forced to play. This team is hurting his development. Gagner should be playing the tough minutes because he has far more experience than RNH...you think its ugly watching RNH play those minutes? I promise it would be a whole lot uglier if Gagner played them. Thats why I am not all hot and bothered like some posters about how well Gagner is doing. He SHOULD be doing as well as he is all things considered.
He is this season where he should have been last season.

Yak should be in the AHL playing top line minutes and learning what not to do.

J Schultz should not be in the top 4...thats whats killing his confidence. He is not ready for those minutes. On this team they have no choice but to force him into top 4 minutes. Its a damn shame and a competent GM would have other options for the coach.
Not Tambo though.

As for Paajarvi...I think he is looking much stronger and its really good to see. He looks like he has found his place which is much more than can be said for a lot of other young players.
Agreed, Horc isn't good enough for those minutes, RNH is having a tough time playing those minutes and producing, Gagner would get slaughtered with those minutes, so what's the plan?

I wanted Justin Schultz to not be used at all on the PK this season and while only Whitney on D plays less on the PK than Schultz, IMO he shouldn't be on there unless we have 2 D in the box or injuries mid game. 3rd pairing at ES and top PP minutes should be what they pursue at this point. The problem with that? That means that Corey Potter jumps into our top 4 That means that he's a defacto top 4 defenseman, so in the interim stop playing him on the PK at the very least.

Paajarvi's resurgence has been one of very few positives this season, hopefully he can keep it up and establish himself as a full time NHLer and he works hard in the offseason and comes back even stronger and better.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 03-10-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
I spend my time watching the Flames lose. At least we're not the only awful team in Alberta.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:12 AM
obglim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
show off.

obglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:30 AM
CardMonkey83*

The oilers have 2 problems, goaltending and chemistry. Once we have solid goaltending, the chemistry will form. Thus, our main problem is this guy who self-proclaimed himself as an NHL starter in Dubnyk. He is the best back-up in the league, but what seperates a back-up from a starter is Consistency, and that is exactly what Devan does not have and never will. We will never make it to the playoffs with him in net. I don't care that he's faced the 2nd most shots in the league, you asked any goaltender and they'll say that that's actually a good thing in a game. He gives up easily, is not quick or intelligent enough, and most of all, he is way too into himself. A true character of the game is always a student, he has self promoted himself to jedi status. what a joke

CardMonkey83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Shanahanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AParkedCar View Post
The oilers have 2 problems, goaltending and chemistry. Once we have solid goaltending, the chemistry will form. Thus, our main problem is this guy who self-proclaimed himself as an NHL starter in Dubnyk. He is the best back-up in the league, but what seperates a back-up from a starter is Consistency, and that is exactly what Devan does not have and never will. We will never make it to the playoffs with him in net. I don't care that he's faced the 2nd most shots in the league, you asked any goaltender and they'll say that that's actually a good thing in a game. He gives up easily, is not quick or intelligent enough, and most of all, he is way too into himself. A true character of the game is always a student, he has self promoted himself to jedi status. what a joke

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I spend my time watching the Flames lose. At least we're not the only awful team in Alberta.
Yeah, that's a good thing to kill time. But they still play pretty hard; harder than the Oilers, usually, and that can still be kinda depressing. But it's great seeing them struggle with us, I have to admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obglim View Post
show off.
Huh? I was talking about brushing my teeth.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote