HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

Old
03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

vCash: 500
how about

#TambelliniandLowemustgo

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
elpol
Re-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Isnt Columbus in 14th in the West. There is ZERO, good or bad , that you can credit Davidson with at this point.
Just keep watching. I didn't say a word about this year in particular.

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
You'd have to do some sort of boycott of Rexall movement to gain any real traction imo.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Perfect_Drug

Screw Kruegar.

Lets hire Tony Robbins to coach this team.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:11 PM
stangconv

I've bought www.firelowe.ca

now to figure out how to build a website. haha

stangconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Bergeron47

That's hardcore, good luck.

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:19 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
oilers would lose this trade horribly. again.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
I've bought www.firelowe.ca

now to figure out how to build a website. haha
Just sell it to Lowes.ca and make a profit.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
I think the only thing that will get Katz off his rear and make some changes to the management team is publicity... We need the media to get on board with the criticism, taking shots at the team, etc....
I don't see anything else working, besides a boycot of some kind that almost never gets off the ground.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:33 PM
stangconv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
I think the only thing that will get Katz off his rear and make some changes to the management team is publicity... We need the media to get on board with the criticism, taking shots at the team, etc....
I don't see anything else working, besides a boycot of some kind that almost never gets off the ground.
That's my plan... Get my buddy to get this up and running and see if it helps

Old
03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
That's my plan... Get my buddy to get this up and running and see if it helps
Well, good luck..Can't hurt at the moment.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Just don't go to the games
Heck I don't even watch the games on tv anymore. I just look at the boxscore on my phone when I take breaks from studying/watching my favorite tv shows

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:49 PM
stangconv

Thanks someone's got to do something...

Old
03-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post

You have no idea what Lowe does or does not do right now.
We do know - he collects a paycheck - year after year after year no matter how much he destroyed the Oilers dynasty over the past 13 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

The man at the top is a clueless twit of a fawning fan boy owner. It all starts at the top.

Next we have Lowe who should have been fired years ago instead of promoted.

Then we have Tambellini who is a no guts, no glory crap gm who's majority of moves have stunk.
Not really much more to add - actually nothing more. You got 100% correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post

These great players that we are acquiring are going to ask for trades soon.
These are not great players - they are talented youngsters who have the potential to be great players. Right now, they are kids who have no confidence in either management or themselves. They are being taught how to be losers!

And yes - they will be looking for the opportunity to play on a winning team; to go home over the summer feeling proud of themselves.

Absolutely disgusting what Katz / Lowe / Tambellini are doing both to the players & to the fans...

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

I'll be completely honest... I'm okay with this team not making the playoffs this year. But I'm more appalled by the fact that last offseason the Oilers added two rookies and called it a day.

It was painfully obvious what was missing last season. Either Tambellini doesn't see it, or can't get a deal done to acquire it.

He's had his time with this organization. Send him back to Vancouver.

McRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post

You guys want changes but want to stay an Oilers fan? You'll have to come up with the cash to buy the team then, anything else is just in the realm of fantasy, wishful thinking, and pure venting.
For the record - it is on the record for those willing to search my HFBoards posts - I was 100% opposed to Katz buying the team from EIG.

Those in favor claimed Katz would spend to the cap annually to guarantee a winner - we are presently in the bottom 25% is salary expenditures once again. And in the bottom 10% in the standings.

Actually, now that I think about it - Katz has done a great job as the owner. None of the players on my slo-pitch team misses any games in May to attend playoff games; my apologizes Daryl...

Old
03-10-2013, 12:21 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
For the record - it is on the record for those willing to search my HFBoards posts - I was 100% opposed to Katz buying the team from EIG.

Those in favor claimed Katz would spend to the cap annually to guarantee a winner - we are presently in the bottom 25% is salary expenditures once again. And in the bottom 10% in the standings.

Actually, now that I think about it - Katz has done a great job as the owner. None of the players on my slo-pitch team misses any games in May to attend playoff games; my apologizes Daryl...
Have to agree. I was very against Katz buying the team, 1 guy in charge generally creates problems because its either his way or nothing. When you have multiple owners you need a consensus to get things done and generally smarter decisions are made that way.

With all of the Katz supporters the complete opposite has happened.

1. We don't spend to the cap
2. We're not competitive
3. we've enjoyed the worse years in franchise history under him
4. The guy threatened to move to seattle (life long Oiler fan I thought?)
5. Bent over the city for the arena deal, then when he couldn't get 6 mil a year in free money threatens to move!? (sorry that the sweet deal you had was not enough).

The funny part is i've actually served him at a restaurant and he seemed like a nice guy, however, his actions are extremely questionable.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Personally I'd rather have a crappy team in Edmonton with at least a faint hope of getting better someday than no team in Edmonton.

I personally think Katz and Lowe and Company want a strong team again... they may be screwing up how they are going about it... but I think the underlying will is there to make it happen again. I still have faith... naive as it may be... that this team will become a solid contender again but there may still be several dark and turbulent years ahead.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post

The funny part is i've actually served him at a restaurant and he seemed like a nice guy
The funny part of your post is that a friend of mine stated she served Katz / Lowe / Horcoff at a restaurant shortly after Horcoff signed the 6 year (5.5 million annual cap hit) contract.

I knew then that those who were stupid enough to buy season tickets were fuc*ed... Everything unfolded as I expected it would...

Old
03-10-2013, 12:43 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
The funny part of your post is that a friend of mine stated she served Katz / Lowe / Horcoff at a restaurant shortly after Horcoff signed the 6 year (5.5 million annual cap hit) contract.

I knew then that those who were stupid enough to buy season tickets were fuc*ed... Everything unfolded as I expected it would...
Well from my understanding Horcoff's contract wasn't exactly because of his skill. To be nice about it i don't think its any wonder why Horcoff lives where he does in this city.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:36 AM
CardMonkey83*

Lowe is an OG. I actually want the first oiler to score a goal to stay. The person who actually makes all the moves and is in charge is Tambs. He's pathetic and is an esoteric minded character. He fluked out with the draft picks, and Katz will never fire him. They all have dinner together on a weekly basis and probably share more than just a conversation. Just like how Katz said he'd never fire MacT, and Craig due to his undying love for the oilers, voluntarily stepped down. I believe root of the problem is the owner. He's done great with the arena project, well, at least it got done, but nonetheless, he said the fans are #1, so he really needs to listen. Because we know what we're talking about, and this GM needs to go man. He needs to watch MoneyBall, and realize that he need's to step it up 300% or step down

CardMonkey83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AParkedCar View Post
Lowe is an OG. I actually want the first oiler to score a goal to stay. The person who actually makes all the moves and is in charge is Tambs. He's pathetic and is an esoteric minded character. He fluked out with the draft picks, and Katz will never fire him. They all have dinner together on a weekly basis and probably share more than just a conversation. Just like how Katz said he'd never fire MacT, and Craig due to his undying love for the oilers, voluntarily stepped down. I believe root of the problem is the owner. He's done great with the arena project, well, at least it got done, but nonetheless, he said the fans are #1, so he really needs to listen. Because we know what we're talking about, and this GM needs to go man. He needs to watch MoneyBall, and realize that he need's to step it up 300% or step down
If that's really your main argument to keep Lowe around, that's a pretty weak point. Memories and nostalgia are terrible reasons to keep someone around when it is clearly time for them to go. Would you want Gretzky to come back and be the coach seeing as he put Edmonton on the map?

Hugo Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Billybaroo*

Quote:

Yup, just to think of it. So many of the mouth breathers here were adamant that the EIG was Satan incarnate & that Katz was the solution to all the teams ills.
Similar to those that blamed MacT for everything.
But of course, they never nut up & say they had no clue

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:26 AM
Shanahanigans

It really is time to make a statement....Boycott next home game? Bring signs? Paper bags?

Will they even allow signs saying to fire Tambo, Lowe and company into rexall?

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:04 AM
the doctor

No need to boycott games. Start long and hard chants, might I suggest "Lowe must go"

Chant this during a HNIC broadcast and it will get huge play. The Leafs did it with Ron Wilson, it works.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote