HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks' streak v. Ducks streak (2006-2007, 12-0-4)

Old
03-10-2013, 04:48 AM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

vCash: 500
Blackhawks' streak v. Ducks streak (2006-2007, 12-0-4)

Here's how bored I am on a Saturday. I get to write my opinions of the Blackhawk's streak vs. the Ducks' run from that one pretty good year we had a few years ago.

1) Both streaks were really impressive. The # of come-from-behind wins the Hawks had this year or come-from-behind ties they had to earn to get at least a point is pretty remarkable. You just saw replays of Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Saad, etc. absolutely clutch for that team night after night. The Ducks' was also really impressive, they came out as being extremely dominant against teams, with HOF-calibre defense and Getzlaf and Perry really starting to emerge into true form.

2) Unbreakability. For a while, I thought the Ducks were not going to have that record broken since they broke the record from an extremely powerful Edmonton team, so I thought having 16 games in a row to start a season without a regulation loss was utterly incredible. But now that the Blackhawks went 24 games, I don't see that record being broken within the forseeable future. Teams have way more parity than they did 20 years ago, proving my point moreso about how much I thought how awesome the streak the '07 Ducks put together was.

3) This is great for us too from a marketability standpoint. I think we don't get a tremendous amount of coverage for being on the West coast. We've won the cup already so we're not heavily scrutinized or advertised as San Jose as far as California teams go. Now that the Kings won their cup, we're back in the fueled So-Cal rivalry discussion with the Kings since we now have both won a cup and are both extremely high in the standings (between the two teams). Add these facts, to the Hawk's streak ending. The Ducks' story is largely considered the biggest undercovered story of the NHL this year: new additions, trades, contracts, Selanne, 3rd line are stories that have been mentioned during games, but now I think the Ducks will be more covered and televised on big networks like NHL network and (god forbid) ESPN. Maybe some trade board HF'ers will finally be able to see their first Ducks games instead of offering up Perry for scraps.

TL;dr. Both were awesome, the Blackhawks one prob wont be broken for a while, and the Ducks will now be the main story on TV (for hockey).

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

So... why exactly do you think we`ll be more covered from now on? I doubt we`ll sudenly seek atention

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Ramenbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
The Blackhawk's streak vs. the Ducks' run .
So that's why Chicago got so much attention. They only had one guy playing, while the Ducks needed the whole team!

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

The Ducks don't have enough intangibles.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
So... why exactly do you think we`ll be more covered from now on? I doubt we`ll sudenly seek atention
Cause the streak is over. Everyone knows the Hawks' have a great team, and were pretty much expected to do well. We are still doing well and were never expected to finish higher than what we did last year, let alone sit at the top of the division.

And thanks Ramenbot, glad to know my grammar mistakes are getting attention.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

The Ducks have actually gotten a large amount of coverage on the NHL channel. It would be nice if there was attempt by the NHL to force NBC to give them some national attention, but after years of telling the public to ignore us as irrelevant that's likely just not going to happen.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 557
media coverage, like our season far, is unsustainable.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Wow talk about a search on HF boards. There is definitely no merge on this topic. Someone should change the title though

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
JohnnyCage

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
TL;dr. Both were awesome, the Blackhawks one prob wont be broken for a while, and the Ducks will now be the main story on TV (for hockey).
Well, in NHL.com's forecast for the week, this - in their opinion - are the "Games to watch":

Boston at Pittsburgh (March 12; NBCSN/TSN/RDS)
Philadelphia at New Jersey (March 13; NBCSN/TSN2)
Washington at Carolina (March 14; NHLN-US)
New Jersey at Philadelphia (March 15; NHLN-US/RDS)
New York Rangers at Pittsburgh (March 16; NHLN-US)
Boston at Pittsburgh (March 17; NBC/RDS/NHLN-Canada)

JohnnyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Yeah. I think I'm going to have to go with Sidney Crosby as the main story on TV.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Not gonna lie... I was slightly intoxicated when I wrote this post. But I still thought we would receive better coverage. Even if none of our games were being televised. Esp since NHL.com put us at #1 this week.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

The Ducks will be the main story if they either win the Cup, or fold.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote