HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

vCash: 500
Stupid stuff to notice, really, but Jack is such an interesting guy to watch. The joke around our house is that Jack loves only two things: hockey and America. So.... I have watched him lately during pregame etc.

He freakin' SMILES the entire warmup period, like a kid at Disney. And if you watch him druing the Anthem, he doesn't shift and poke his stick around. Dude stands still and straight.

I met him the first time at a locker room tour won by a friend and hosted by Marc Methot. It was a "day off" for players other than those rehabilitating injury. The only player there working out (like a beast mind you) was Jack. I asked him why and his reply was basically "I love hockey. What a great way to spend my day off, working out at the rink. Best job in the world." He is unbelievable, almost too good to be true.

Captain America.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Stupid stuff to notice, really, but Jack is such an interesting guy to watch. The joke around our house is that Jack loves only two things: hockey and America. So.... I have watched him lately during pregame etc.

He freakin' SMILES the entire warmup period, like a kid at Disney. And if you watch him druing the Anthem, he doesn't shift and poke his stick around. Dude stands still and straight.

I met him the first time at a locker room tour won by a friend and hosted by Marc Methot. It was a "day off" for players other than those rehabilitating injury. The only player there working out (like a beast mind you) was Jack. I asked him why and his reply was basically "I love hockey. What a great way to spend my day off, working out at the rink. Best job in the world." He is unbelievable, almost too good to be true.

Captain America.
Now, if only we could get a physical defender to play alongside him ... then we could have Captain America, and Cap'n Crunch!

Old
03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Now, if only we could get a physical defender to play alongside him ... then we could have Captain America, and Cap'n Crunch!

Thats Wiz to me.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:08 AM
RBarRegular

Bruce Garrioch (I know, I know...) reports today in the Ottawa Sun that Jarmo is shopping Dubinsky because of his salary.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarRegular View Post
Bruce Garrioch (I know, I know...) reports today in the Ottawa Sun that Jarmo is shopping Dubinsky because of his salary.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Bruce Garrioch's prediction for our team is why I don't think the playoffs are impossible yet. After all, the last time he confidently predicted us to be last in the NHL was 2008-2009.

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Old
03-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Absurdity.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:48 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Seems improbable but consider:

4.2 mill is a bit much for a third liner/second liner

He is one of a bunch of guys who play a similar game-sooner or later some of them have to go to make room for guys who are true top 6 forwards

He has missed the resurrection. (as has Wiz-just adding a bit of fuel for further discussion)

Personally I think he is a good fit for the kind of team I think JK wants but you never know.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:49 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

How can that be absurd? New guy wants to move pieces. It's his prerogative.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

It's absurd on Garrioch's part, that 4.2 million for the next two seasons hampers the CBJ's cap.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:06 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Garrioch is a tool and hates the CBJ and the CBJ market. Totally untrue.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:18 AM
RBarRegular

I think Garrioch's beef was more with Scott Howson's ineptitude than it was with the Columbus market. He even takes another shot at EX GMSH today in his column.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:04 AM
alphafox

The only reason I even gave this a second's worth of consideration, is that the team has played their best hockey without Dubi on the ice...

Then I watched Rimer's latest interview with JD (specifically part 1 http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/vid...215747&lang=en ) and heard JD again single out Dubi and AA as leaders and guys who have brought the work ethic he wants to instill in this club.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 AM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

"@marxse: @Aportzline are the bluejackets really shopping dubi?" / Please, people.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
I hope not. I think Dubi provides some vet presence and those valuable 'intangibles'. I'd only consider moving him if he doesn't want to re-sign, barring stupid overpayment. He and Foligno aren't going to score first line numbers, Dubi may have even seen he's best offensive season but they are the players every team needs to win. Not to mention giving up on Dubi when he hasn't even played one full season yet.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

It makes sense. Dubi is rumored to be the next captain. We trade captains. Might as well get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

Oh and for the sarcastically challenged.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Viqsi

Quote:
I think Garrioch's beef was more with Scott Howson's ineptitude than it was with the Columbus market. He even takes another shot at EX GMSH today in his column.
The guy takes active potshots at CBJ fans on Twitter for the hell of it. It's the market he can't stand.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Viqsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
It makes sense. Dubi is rumored to be the next captain. We trade captains. Might as well get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

Oh and for the sarcastically challenged.
Clearly this is also why Rossi believes that JMFJ will be headed to Pittsburgh Any Day Now.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

"@marxse: @Aportzline are the bluejackets really shopping dubi?" / Please, people.
Crap, Portzline says otherwise - this means it could be true!!!

Really don't see the team dealing Dubinsky unless there is overpayment the other way. It's obvious that he's been integral to the team's new attitude and success. Even though he hasn't been in the lineup recently, the culture change is obvious, and it's well known that his character on and off the ice has been a big part of it. He's a young leader on this young team, and I really feel like he's a big part of the medium-term solution here.

Now, never say never. If a team like Toronto or Ottawa (just for you, Bruce Garrioch!) wants to come along and offer us a major package for him, then I think we have to listen. But don't trade him away for a handful of middle-round prospects or picks.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Garioch is a tool. Period. Guy blocks me on twitter because I question what he has against Columbus. I wasn't rude, obnoxious or degrading (well, until after he blocked me). He took a shot against the fans, not the club. that's bush league.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:50 PM
major major

Garrioch is one of those fake journalists.

Does anyone remember the old hot stove battles between John Davidson and Al Strachan? Strachan is a faker who somehow got a job on Hockey Night in Canada's Hot Stove (Second Intermission feature). I seem to remember many hot stoves going like this: Al would hawk rumors he'd make up, JD would shake his head and snicker, before letting us all know that Al was full of ****. Somehow CBC managed to keep that crew together for years.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Garrioch is a special kind of tool, one of the few "journalists" that openly has it out for this market and organization.

There's a few others that have taken liberities with the team or market too, (Larry Brooks, Harrison Mooney) but never to the extent that Fat Bruce has.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Gorilla Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Nope.

Garrioch and Doug Maclean are great friends. He's been semi-trolling Columbus ever since Maclean got fired.

03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Gorilla Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow

Freaky.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:05 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Garrioch is a special kind of tool, one of the few "journalists" that openly has it out for this market and organization.

There's a few others that have taken liberities with the team or market too, (Larry Brooks, Harrison Mooney) but never to the extent that Fat Bruce has.
Add Burnside along side of Garrioch.

Closed Thread