HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
  #1
AnalogMan
Moderator
 
AnalogMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Pick it up from here.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=61152299#post61152299

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:47 AM
  #2
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,767
vCash: 500
I was just looking at our drafts...in 2010 Phoenix selected centre Oscar Lindberg in the 2nd round, 57 overall.

His stats this year in the SEL are fantastic!

2012-13

Skelleftea HC

SEL 55 17g 25a 42pts 54pim +1

He does not even show on our prospect list on HF? Anyone know any details?

edit - we traded him to NYR for Ethan Werek.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  #3
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I was just looking at our drafts...in 2010 Phoenix selected centre Oscar Lindberg in the 2nd round, 57 overall.

His stats this year in the SEL are fantastic!

2012-13

Skelleftea HC

SEL 55 17g 25a 42pts 54pim +1

He does not even show on our prospect list on HF? Anyone know any details?

edit - we traded him to NYR for Ethan Werek.
We traded him to Rangers for Werek.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM
  #4
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 40,068
vCash: 500
Werek has been anchoring that fourth line center spot down on our minor league team, IIRC.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  #5
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 40,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I was just looking at our drafts...in 2010 Phoenix selected centre Oscar Lindberg in the 2nd round, 57 overall.

His stats this year in the SEL are fantastic!

2012-13

Skelleftea HC

SEL 55 17g 25a 42pts 54pim +1

He does not even show on our prospect list on HF? Anyone know any details?

edit - we traded him to NYR for Ethan Werek.
He's supposed to be excellent defensively too.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:22 AM
  #6
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's supposed to be excellent defensively too.
Elite faceoff man was the scouting report.

Maloney was trying to address our long term need for C's with size when he made the move.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
  #7
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
This may be the "only" move GMDM will miss on...but Lindberg because of the Rangers star depth in the top 6, it isn't like Lindberg has got a chance to be in that group and I'm not sure he can play a bottom 6 role, so he will more than likely get dealt somewhere down the line.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:54 AM
  #8
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
This may be the "only" move GMDM will miss on...but Lindberg because of the Rangers star depth in the top 6, it isn't like Lindberg has got a chance to be in that group and I'm not sure he can play a bottom 6 role, so he will more than likely get dealt somewhere down the line.
We're debating about who will be more effective 2-3 years from now in a defensive checking capacity. Werek when acquired had upside of a potential 2nd line Center but based on his progression he falls into that bottom 6 capacity. Not sure we've lost anything of significance to be honest. Unless Lindberg is the second coming of Kris Draper.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
  #9
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 9,757
vCash: 500
Coyotes sign Henrik Samuelsson to 3 year entry level deal.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659674

I think this signing is really exciting. I've loved Henrik's game in junior so far and I can't wait to see what he could do if he was in the WJC.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
  #10
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 25,986
vCash: 500
Anyone think Dylan Wruck or TJ Foster are worth a contract? For you Lazar/Henrik fans.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:33 AM
  #11
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's supposed to be excellent defensively too.

he is also gritty.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #12
slv
Registered User
 
slv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: astral
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Zac Larraza scored 3 goals in last 2 games for Denver Pioneers

slv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
  #13
OOEEL
Registered User
 
OOEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Anyone think Dylan Wruck or TJ Foster are worth a contract? For you Lazar/Henrik fans.
Why not? Draft Lazar, bring in Wruck, Foster, trade the Rangers for St Croix and flip Lee/Domingue for Brossoit. Then in a year or two the Pirates can change their name to the Portland Oil Kings

Also, since slv mentioned Zac, did a quick search for him and Hunter's stats.

Zac Larraza:

32 GP 11G 9A 20P

As a sophomore. His freshman season he played in 26 games, and was 1-4-5. 15 point improvement between seasons? That's a good improvement.

Hunter Fejes

35 GP 6G 5A 11P

More games played and over double the points that Zac had his freshman campaign.

Rhett Holland played three games for Michigan State before having season ending shoulder surgery.



The CHL season is ending on the 17th, I'll go ahead and post end of the season stats and playoff info for Henrik, Kale, Marek, Justin, James, Lucas, and Andrew on Monday. Off the top of my head I think all of them are making the post season except for Justin Haché and Cape Breton.


Last edited by OOEEL: 03-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.
OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  #14
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Why not? Draft Lazar, bring in Wruck, Foster, trade the Rangers for St Croix and flip Lee/Domingue for Brossoit. Then in a year or two the Pirates can change their name to the Portland Oil Kings

Also, since slv mentioned Zac, did a quick search for him and Hunter's stats.

Zac Larraza:

32 GP 11G 9A 20P

As a sophomore. His freshman season he played in 26 games, and was 1-4-5. 15 point improvement between seasons? That's a good improvement.

Hunter Fejes

35 GP 6G 5A 11P

More games played and over double the points that Zac had his freshman campaign.

Rhett Holland played three games for Michigan State before having season ending shoulder surgery.



The CHL season is ending on the 17th, I'll go ahead and post end of the season stats and playoff info for Henrik, Kale, Marek, Justin, James, Lucas, and Andrew on Monday. Off the top of my head I think all of them are making the post season except for Justin Haché and Cape Breton.
you do realize Lee or Domingue, OOEEL, will likely be in Portland as it appears Chad Johnson squeezes out LaBarbera in AZ, based off the year to date, there's also no guarantee that the Coyotes remain there, either.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:37 PM
  #15
OOEEL
Registered User
 
OOEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Was just joking mang! And the pirates and coyotes affiliation deal is for five seasons. A relocation wouldn't affect that would it? I know the Thrashers' move shaked things up but I thought it was just becsuse True North couldn't own both teams.

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
  #16
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Was just joking mang! And the pirates and coyotes affiliation deal is for five seasons. A relocation wouldn't affect that would it? I know the Thrashers' move shaked things up but I thought it was just becsuse True North couldn't own both teams.
THEY actually do own both, OO.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
  #17
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
I really like Zac Larraza. The guy was a beast every time i watched him. He hit everything in sight.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:49 AM
  #18
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 50
Ethan Werek Info

Hey guys, was just wondering anyones thoughts on his potential/how he's doing. Thanks!

SensPromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:20 AM
  #19
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
Hey guys, was just wondering anyones thoughts on his potential/how he's doing. Thanks!
Top end 3rd liner but still years away. Available.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:54 PM
  #20
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Werek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
Hey guys, was just wondering anyones thoughts on his potential/how he's doing. Thanks!
best bet is to tune in to a Pirates game, Werek isn't flashy, but is not years away.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
  #21
OOEEL
Registered User
 
OOEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Recently signed undrafted free agent Mathieu Brisebois was named as one of the three finalist for the QMJHL defenseman of the year. The other two finalists were Konrad Abeltshauser(SJ) and Kevin Gagne(Und)

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
  #22
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 500
In coach's poll in OHL, Lessio voted top skater in his conference and top 3 in hardest shot.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:27 PM
  #23
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie is reporting that the Coyotes are in the running for signing a 6'6 centre out of NCAA. The same report says that this year is a weak crop of unsigned college players and that this kid is not even one of the top three available. Nonetheless, it's interesting to see Maloney continuing to work on signing undrafted centres to make up for our lack of drafted centres.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418215

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:38 PM
  #24
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
^
Just looked up his stats. 3rd year (23yo) 16 points in 32 games. Only 6th on team in scoring. Guess it's more about projection than current output.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
  #25
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,847
vCash: 50
He projects as a bottom-six guy. Boyle was the comparison I read. But teams need those guys, too (and this team/coach seems to love them).

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.