HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bozak needs to get replaced.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 11:40 PM
  #51
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
If Reimer played better tonight, we could have won 4-2 or 4-3.
Or if the team showed up in the first we could have won. If the leafs played the whole game like they did in the third this game would have been different.

93gilmour93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM
  #52
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Or if the team showed up in the first we could have won. If the leafs played the whole game like they did in the third this game would have been different.
Pitts would have been screwed.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
  #53
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 7,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsToronto View Post
Did anyone else hear Kipper saying that he's going to get Grabovski money this year? I can't believe he'd think that
He's not the only one.

Kevin MgGrath (Toronto Star) has been tweeting the last few days that he thinks Bozak's camp will try and use both the Grabo contract and the Getzlaf contract to try and get big money if he goes UFA.

Mirtle, whose rarely impressed with Bozak, has said a few times that he thinks Bozak will get overpaid by somebody.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
  #54
Tonka
9.5%?
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 500
Bozo line is always hemmed in their own zone.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:11 AM
  #55
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,069
vCash: 72
Saw on Twitter, there was a game last year when Bozak and Armstrong were our two first shooters and we won the shootout with both scoring.

Shootout is a total crap shoot. Bozak was 4/8 in his career, which is pretty good. Bottom line is it was as good a choice as any stats wise. I admit I thought JVR or Grabo would be the other shooter. (other then Kadri and Kessel)

We can't blame Bozak for missing when Kadri missed as well.

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:44 AM
  #56
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,500
vCash: 500
Put Bozak in Grabo's spot, Kadri in Bozak's spot, and Grabo in Kadri's spot.

Worth a go, and I think in that scenario, you have guys playing where they should.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:09 AM
  #57
Alexanderthe89
Registered User
 
Alexanderthe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
The only problem I have with bozak is that he doesn't do such a great job creatin time and space for kessel. Last year lupul used to do that which is why kessel got more goals and lupul more assists. This year kessel is drawing guys in so he creates space for JvR hence JVR has more goals and kessel more assists.
I wonder how much of this is coaching. Not saying it's the coaching staff's fault that it's happening but you'd think it would be something they notice and attempt to correct.

Bozak seems like he's been brain-washed into feeding Kessel whenever he gets the puck. When he first came up he had no problem holding onto the puck and honestly seemed a lot more confident. I think those first 30 or so games of his career was when he and Kessel were most effective and because both were dangerous players.

Unlike most people on this board, I think Bozak has everything it takes to be a first-line player. He just seems to really lack confidence in himself.

Alexanderthe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:56 AM
  #58
The_Chosen_One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Stastny doesn't complement Kessel. I'd rather keep Bozak due to his steady defence. Besides Kadri would offer a similar skill set and has a much better shot as well.

We need a guy that can increase traffic in the opposition zone. I don't see Statsny doing that. We need an Eric Staal-type of guy who is very steady defensively.

The reason why I think Grabs can work, despite being small, is that he's very strong defensively. He would open up a lot of space for Kessel with his play. He would have to be replaced on the shut down line, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderthe89 View Post
I wonder how much of this is coaching. Not saying it's the coaching staff's fault that it's happening but you'd think it would be something they notice and attempt to correct.
Well said.

Quote:
Bozak seems like he's been brain-washed into feeding Kessel whenever he gets the puck. When he first came up he had no problem holding onto the puck and honestly seemed a lot more confident. I think those first 30 or so games of his career was when he and Kessel were most effective and because both were dangerous players.
He doesn't have a bad shot. I think shooting is something he ought to practice. What Kessel really needs is a short-first centreman not a playmaker as commonly stated.

Quote:
Unlike most people on this board, I think Bozak has everything it takes to be a first-line player. He just seems to really lack confidence in himself.
He is a top six forward at least. I think he could be an effective top liner as well. It's obvious that many have a hard-on for big players.

Crosby must suck as well.


Last edited by The_Chosen_One: 03-10-2013 at 04:03 AM.
The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:14 AM
  #59
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Bozak has nudes of Randy. Only reason why hes still on the top line .

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
  #60
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
we need someone to sh** after every game

Bozak won the two faceoffs that got us the 2 powerplay goals
Thats a short little statement that holds lots of weight though too. He has been thinkin he is a skill player lately not hitting or anything.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:47 AM
  #61
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Thats a short little statement that holds lots of weight though too. He has been thinkin he is a skill player lately not hitting or anything.
On the flipside the Bozak line had no ability to contain a top line, defensively void. The guy is not worth the 4m he will want at all so he has to go.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
  #62
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Glad this thread was created, we only have like 20 of them every year.
Burke,and now Nonis are the only ones responsible for that.Nonis will not sell the farm to get a top centerman,so we will have more too.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:54 AM
  #63
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Burke,and now Nonis are the only ones responsible for that.Nonis will not sell the farm to get a top centerman,so we will have more too.
Picks would better serve us, Colborne will be ready next year. just like picks for guys like Connolly, Komi, Holzer, Kostka will better serve us.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:56 AM
  #64
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
On the flipside the Bozak line had no ability to contain a top line, defensively void. The guy is not worth the 4m he will want at all so he has to go.
I agree he is not worth that kind of money,and can take a hike for even suggesting it. The face-off ability is at times crucial too though. Bozaks grit has been slowly but surely disappearing from his game also.

I know exactly what you are saying,and its very true. The fact is his face-off ability is the only thing keeping him on the top line.The worst part of his game is the non-physical part. Kadri gets his nose dirty more every game with less minutes for example. Bozak takes high slot on offense ,Kadri gets in the paint etc.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
  #65
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Sure, but as long as he plays in a 3rd line role I am good. I don't want to see him signed and keep playing with top liners. If he wants 4 or 5 mil then he can go take a hike.
I do t even mind him where he's at. Not at 4m tjough

The Apologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:46 AM
  #66
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
Stastny doesn't complement Kessel. I'd rather keep Bozak due to his steady defence. Besides Kadri would offer a similar skill set and has a much better shot as well.

We need a guy that can increase traffic in the opposition zone. I don't see Statsny doing that. We need an Eric Staal-type of guy who is very steady defensively.

The reason why I think Grabs can work, despite being small, is that he's very strong defensively. He would open up a lot of space for Kessel with his play. He would have to be replaced on the shut down line, though.

Well said.

He doesn't have a bad shot. I think shooting is something he ought to practice. What Kessel really needs is a short-first centreman not a playmaker as commonly stated.

He is a top six forward at least. I think he could be an effective top liner as well. It's obvious that many have a hard-on for big players.

Crosby must suck as well.
Boz brings little to the table that warrants staying on this roster.

The thing that Stast could add to the #1 line is play making creativity to go with JVRs net presence and Kessels creative offensive style. We need a C that can create more scoring chances for Kessel.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
  #67
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apologist View Post
I do t even mind him where he's at. Not at 4m tjough
He brings nothing at all to this roster if he is not skating with Kessel and long term we don't want to continue with Boz as the #1 C, so send him packing.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  #68
hockeyfanz*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
He brings nothing at all to this roster if he is not skating with Kessel and long term we don't want to continue with Boz as the #1 C, so send him packing.
Never cared for the guy...certainly had enough of him a long time ago skating on the top line. This guy is a 2.5M dollar player at most. He doesnt even belong on the 3rd line IMO...Ill take a real checking centerman like Jay McClement in that spot any day over Bozak. Leafs looking pretty good at #2 and #3 center positions with Kadri and McClement....send Bozie packing and get us a #1C.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:02 AM
  #69
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
He brings nothing at all to this roster if he is not skating with Kessel and long term we don't want to continue with Boz as the #1 C, so send him packing.
Utter bs.
Bozak is one of the best faceoff men in the league, is becoming one of the better defenders, plays a 200 ft game, and is pretty much a guarantee for 40 points a season.

He brings plenty to this roster.

The Apologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:04 AM
  #70
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
He's not the only one.

Kevin MgGrath (Toronto Star) has been tweeting the last few days that he thinks Bozak's camp will try and use both the Grabo contract and the Getzlaf contract to try and get big money if he goes UFA.

Mirtle, whose rarely impressed with Bozak, has said a few times that he thinks Bozak will get overpaid by somebody.
I'm as big a Bozak fan as they come, but if he gets Grabbo money, Nonis better amnesty himself.

The Apologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
  #71
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
The team would need to get a player like Beagle from washington to replace his face-off ability before moving him.Bozaks stats are interesting to say the least.He helps this team,and there is no doubt about it.

Beagle is a good defensive winger/center/righthand shot with good size/2nd top face-off winger in the league,and would add large to our defensive/physical game.

The fact Bozak is a first line center clouds the way he is evaluated.The rumours that he will be looking for $4,000,000 a year clouds it also. The 4 million is a rumour though. I wouldn't give him more than $2,500,000. 2 years tomorrow at that price if he would agree,and keep him.

He is a tradeable asset though is my hunch.


Last edited by leafspring*: 03-10-2013 at 01:07 PM.
leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:07 PM
  #72
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apologist View Post
Utter bs.
Bozak is one of the best faceoff men in the league, is becoming one of the better defenders, plays a 200 ft game, and is pretty much a guarantee for 40 points a season.

He brings plenty to this roster.
There is no 200 ft game here.

40 p is unacceptable skating with the likes of kessel, JVr ,lups and the amount of quality icetime he gets.

The guy is soft as butter and his so called defensive play is vastly overrated.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
  #73
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
There is no 200 ft game here.

40 p is unacceptable skating with the likes of kessel, JVr ,lups and the amount of quality icetime he gets.

The guy is soft as butter and his so called defensive play is vastly overrated.
I strangely enough think he could put up forty points on the third line with decent wingers.He could be better than he has shown us lately though 4sure. We need a better #1 center than what he brings.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
  #74
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Never cared for the guy...certainly had enough of him a long time ago skating on the top line. This guy is a 2.5M dollar player at most. He doesnt even belong on the 3rd line IMO...Ill take a real checking centerman like Jay McClement in that spot any day over Bozak. Leafs looking pretty good at #2 and #3 center positions with Kadri and McClement....send Bozie packing and get us a #1C.
Yup! sounds about right to me.

I'd be ok with Boz sticking around for 3rd ish/4th line money.

If paid accordingly, i'd be ok with him as my 4th line C and swing man.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:13 PM
  #75
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Is this something new ? He's always been a 3rd line guy playing on our first line

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.