HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 11:21 AM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Well there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we get a top 5 pick it means heads will roll. A competent GM should be able to take the pieces we have plus the high pick this year and actually build a team. The clowns we currently have are a joke.

I personally am praying we can lure Jim Nill from Det to be the next GM. Doubt he wants to leave but maybe a boat load of cash and a team with a lot of young pieces will be enough.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Well there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we get a top 5 pick it means heads will roll. A competent GM should be able to take the pieces we have plus the high pick this year and actually build a team. The clowns we currently have are a joke
There is NO chance Kevin Cheveldayoff is fired this season regardless of where we finish . Read and repeat... NO chance.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:30 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Well there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we get a top 5 pick it means heads will roll. A competent GM should be able to take the pieces we have plus the high pick this year and actually build a team. The clowns we currently have are a joke.

I personally am praying we can lure Jim Nill from Det to be the next GM. Doubt he wants to leave but maybe a boat load of cash and a team with a lot of young pieces will be enough.
Should be able to. In a way it involves starting over.

I wonder what that shake up would look like. I would think at least 1 young star gets moved.

I still wonder if your team would have been better off with Ryan Murray and Methot than Yak. That appeared to be on the table

Old
03-09-2013, 11:32 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
There is NO chance Kevin Cheveldayoff is fired this season regardless of where we finish . Read and repeat... NO chance.
Nobody said Chevy was on the chopping block.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
JetsWillFly4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yeah that guy (doubledown) straight up did. Not sure if you read the quoted post or not but he was talking about heads rolling and bringing in Jim Nill.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:34 AM
ducky

I still follow Jets 1.0 in Phoenix. Tippett's contract ends this year.

What would you think of him as a coach for the Jets?

Old
03-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Fiarly certain DoubleDown is an Oilers fan an dhis quote on Current Clowns, Heads Rolling, and Jim Nill, was in regards to the Oilers Management, NOT the Jets... We aren't on a track for a top 5 pick this year

Old
03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
JetsWillFly4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I think jet mistook DoubleDown as referencing our team, not the Oilers.
ahhh, that would make sense then.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Desperation in Oiler land and no visible light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't understand the Jets fans that are intent on getting younger, tanking or going the Edmonton route.
I think you well know that I am not one for going high pick this year, but there is a big difference between rebuilding and going the Edmonton route. All teams like Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, etc all rebuilt their organizations in order to win the Stanley Cup, whereas Edmonton firesold EVERYTHING and completely destroyed their organization for 1st overall picks. That's stupid, rebuilding the right way is quite different compared to Edmonton.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:53 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Eberle remains the Oil's best trading piece. See if you can't get some size up front and another D with it.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
His post is in Jets forum and what he alludes to certainly can be seen as pertaining to the JETS , if it wasn't he needs to state he is posting about another team and there there is more appropriate forum for that.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Wpgpage

Wonder what the Panthers would want for Goc? He could fit in nicely on the 3rd line and probably doesn't cost to much.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
His post is in Jets forum and what he alludes to certainly can be seen as pertaining to the JETS , if it wasn't he needs to state he is posting about another team and there there is more appropriate forum for that.
you came in halfway through the conversation. He announced on the previous page that he was an Oilers fan and was looking for trade proposals.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think you have the right idea. Oilers need to trade away some of their very skilled (though often repeated) assets for some different pieces.

No way I'm trading Kane though. The guy is signed at a GREAT contract right now, and if there was any concern he'd get lazy after he did that is gone. He is at a whole new level this year. He competes, he has passion, and he puts the puck in the net PLUS he's big and strong.

He is like platinum in the NHL. Yakupov may turn out to be great but the risk is too high. There is no way of knowing if he will ever be as important a piece of a winning team than what Kane is showing.

03-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I think you well know that I am not one for going high pick this year, but there is a big difference between rebuilding and going the Edmonton route. All teams like Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, etc all rebuilt their organizations in order to win the Stanley Cup, whereas Edmonton firesold EVERYTHING and completely destroyed their organization for 1st overall picks. That's stupid, rebuilding the right way is quite different compared to Edmonton.
Wait, what? Firesold? Explain.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
He came here with a trade proposal. Slow your roll

Old
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I want to further clarify my opinion on the Yakupov/Kane trade.

The first reason is potential, Yakupov + higher 1st has more potential than Kane. We're not in "win now" mode. We're in let's plan for the future mode.

Second reason is cap space, which is very valuable considering the cap is going down. Chopping almost $2 million off.

Third reason is situational need. I think we dearly need one-timers on our PP. Right now we only have Byfuglien, Bogosian, and Jokinen with Enstrom out. Yakupov is fantastic on the half-boards.

Fourth reason and probably most valuable is moving up in the draft order.

The value is there.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Wait, what? Firesold? Explain.
They got rid of everything when they rebuilt. Teams like LA, CHI, BOS had talent in the system they kept through the rebuild, at least until better talent came around. That's why they were able to pull out of the rebuild after a couple of seasons. Meanwhile EDM got rid of everything and is dependant completely on the young talent to take them out of the rebuild. Maybe it was just very very poor talent evaluation, but they sold or got rid of Roloson, Smyth, Greene, Stoll, Visnovsky, Samsonov, Cogliano, etc that could have helped them. Guys like Horcoff and Whitney are merely part of the problem.

Combine that with a poor drafting strategy by drafting a bunch of individual talent that play the same game and you have that joke of an organization.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
They got rid of everything when they rebuilt. Teams like LA, CHI, BOS had talent in the system they kept through the rebuild, at least until better talent came around. That's why they were able to pull out of the rebuild after a couple of seasons. Meanwhile EDM got rid of everything and is dependant completely on the young talent to take them out of the rebuild. Maybe it was just very very poor talent evaluation, but they sold or got rid of Roloson, Smyth, Greene, Stoll, Visnovsky, Samsonov, Cogliano, etc that could have helped them. Guys like Horcoff and Whitney are merely part of the problem.

Combine that with a poor drafting strategy by drafting a bunch of individual talent that play the same game and you have that joke of an organization.
I think you extremely overstated got rid of EVERYTHING. They lost players that they didn't necessarily want to (Pronger). They kept Horcoff, Moreau for a long time, Khabibulin, Jones, Hemsky. They graduated Gagner and Smid. I don't agree with the way the Oilers drafted but they certainly did not get rid of everybody.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
sully1410

According to TSN, the Panthers may be looking to trade Versteeg. If that's the case, Chevy should go hard after him.

Gives us another top six forward that we desperately need, and then we NEVER have to worry about playing against him again!

Old
03-10-2013, 12:14 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
According to TSN, the Panthers may be looking to trade Versteeg. If that's the case, Chevy should go hard after him.

Gives us another top six forward that we desperately need, and then we NEVER have to worry about playing against him again!
While taking top 6 forwards from a (temporary) division rival is good, we are far more in need of centres, as we have Kane, Ladd, Little and Wheeler who are competent top 6 wingers. I'd rather Chevy use the resources that could be used to pick up Versteeg to get a scoring centre.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:08 PM
JC Numminen
Welcome to the club!

vCash: 59
@BrownScottTN: #NHLJets acquire forward Tomas Kubalik from Columbus in exchange for Spencer Machacek

Old
03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
@BrownScottTN: #NHLJets acquire forward Tomas Kubalik from Columbus in exchange for Spencer Machacek
Love this!!!!

Old
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJet View Post
Interesting trade. Yay for Euros!

Old
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

I'd love Versteeg.

Winnipeg and Florida are already the teams with all the scraps from Chicago's cup win.

Closed Thread