HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pominville?

Old
03-09-2013, 08:46 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
pomms for yandle

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:18 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
To

Tyler Kennedy
Olli Maata
2013 1st round pick

To

Jason Pominville
If Im Buffalo I strongly consider it. Maataa was a guy they were very high on in last years draft before moving up to get Girgensons

CaptPantalones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
pomms for yandle
^If anything, this.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Even though he might be classified as a rental, would you Sabres fans give up Pominville as part of a package to get Corey Perry? IMO Buffalo is just about the perfect fit for Perry(close to home but not as big of a market as Montreal or Toronto, owner willing to spend, wanting to make a big splash), and IMO they could be a team willing to make a hockey trade with Anaheim.

Assuming Perry doesn't want to re-up with the Ducks, of course.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Even though he might be classified as a rental, would you Sabres fans give up Pominville as part of a package to get Corey Perry? IMO Buffalo is just about the perfect fit for Perry(close to home but not as big of a market as Montreal or Toronto, owner willing to spend, wanting to make a big splash), and IMO they could be a team willing to make a hockey trade with Anaheim.

Yes. Yep. Uhhuh. Affirmative. Ya. TPegs will get that resigned.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I'd do it with assurance we could resign him.... but risk of him leaving without that assurance is too high to part with Poms without getting anything in return for the future.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Djp

Quote:

I have said before on prior threads that a Pominville for Perry trade is really plausible....with conditions on the sabres being able to sign him.

What I think could be part of a trade would be Pominville to Anaheim for picks/prospects then in the offseason Perry's negotiating rights is dealt to Buffalo.

A big issue now with Perry is what his price would be given what Getz got.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
move Pominville a legit 1st line foward for an overpaid forward, a late first that only has a 40% chance to be more than a 3rd liner, and an A prospect. Brutal for Buffalo.

I don't move Pominville for any less that a top 15 pick and young roster player.

Elliot Friedman says that if Pominville were to be available a long list of teams would be interested and the return would be substantial. I don't think VAN has that piece
I just cant take it anymore. I have to write something.

Sabres have sucked for how long now? Pominville isnt going to elevate our team to new heights.

Hes going to get pasted into the ice in the Western Conference. This isnt the no touch fancy passing Eastern Conference. He gets clobbered.

We arent helping Buffalo rebuild. We owe them no favors. We certainly aint giving them Jensen , or Schneider for that matter.

Sending Pominville to the Western conference devalues him. Trade with an eastern team.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Pominville is probably one of the few players I'd trade Despres for. Guys like him shouldn't be hitting the trade market, so if and when they do, they require a hefty return. Obviously we have guys like Olli Maatta that could be of interest, but realistically, it takes a young, promising NHL player to get a player like Pominville. Since Bennett is off limits IMO, Despres is the only other player that fits the bill. Would be tough to swallow, as I'm sure other Penguin fans here will decline with his play this year. However, Pominville would be too ridiculous of a fit not to, and his caphit is more than reasonable to fit into our long-term plans.

Perhaps I'm over-valuing Pominville, or this whole thread is just undervaluing him. I believe it's the latter, but either way, I'd be ecstatic if it just took Maatta, 1st, and Kennedy to get him. However, as said above, doubt that will be the case in a real-life trade.

I'd honestly do:
- 2013 1st Rounder
- Simon Despres
- Tyler Kennedy
- Tom Kuhnhackl (Long-term project winger -- mid-tier prospect)

for

- Jason Pominville
- Mike Weber (Included because I'm sure there would be a surplus of NHL defenseman on Buffalo if they were to acquire Despres.)

Kunitz - Crosby - Pominville
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Perhaps a separate trade would go down in regards to our defense if this one were to go down, so not going to post a projection there.

Not exactly sure what it'd look like on Buffalo's end, but a long-term top-4 of Myers, Ehrhoff, Despres, and Sekera doesn't look too bad.

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Sabres have sucked for how long now? Pominville isnt going to elevate our team to new heights.

Hes going to get pasted into the ice in the Western Conference. This isnt the no touch fancy passing Eastern Conference. He gets clobbered.

We arent helping Buffalo rebuild. We owe them no favors. We certainly aint giving them Jensen , or Schneider for that matter.

Sending Pominville to the Western conference devalues him. Trade with an eastern team.
Buffalo has sucked for 20 games? And I'm not even gonna reply to the rest of this post completely ignorant. I had no idea the west was the alien elite league these days.

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Buffalo has sucked for 20 games? And I'm not even gonna reply to the rest of this post completely ignorant. I had no idea the west was the alien elite league these days.
Believe me, most people know Pominville is a fantastic player to have, regardless of which conference he's in.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:

Last 3 years the Sabres have a higher point percentageSCs the Big Bad West then against the East. We also play damn well against the Bruins but I must have missed where we scratch Poms against anyone who hits....

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post

I'd honestly do:
- 2013 1st Rounder
- Simon Despres
- Tyler Kennedy

for

- Jason Pominville
- Mike Weber (Included because I'm sure there would be a surplus of NHL defenseman on Buffalo if they were to acquire Despres.)

Not exactly sure what it'd look like on Buffalo's end, but a long-term top-4 of Myers, Ehrhoff, Despres, and Sekera doesn't look too bad.

If Buffalo's plan is to keep Ott I would be hesitant on trading Weber...but he would be going to (as far as i know) his home town team since he was born there.

The story with Ott and Weber is that they look at each other like brothers. Weber stayed with Ott's parents when he was in juniors. Having his "brother" has positively affected his play.

Regehr, Leopold, Sulzer, and Pardy are UFAs, Brennan and Weber are RFAs after the season. Thus only Sekera, Myers, and Ehrhoff are under contract. Pysak and McNabb are NHL ready at AHL and McCabe coming from NCAA would be ready shortly.

Sulzer will be a cheap resign because he is more at home playing with a fellow German.

I honestly feel they would be more inclined to go for a young winger over a Dman. that could mean Bennett. If they take a young Dman they 2-3 yrs from NHL ready.

the trade you offered is a good is a good value.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:52 AM
wunderpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
pomms for yandle
This makes the most sense, simple and fair value. Fills need for both teams.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:

Embarrassing post. Get a clue about something - anything - before brashly subjecting people to your opinions.

Pominville against the East: 466 games, 374 points (.80 PPG, .32 GPG; 82-game averages = 26 goals, 39 assists)

Pominville against the West: 100 games, 76 points (.76 PPG, .34 GPG; 82-game averages = 28 goals, 34 assists)

You're right - he clearly can't handle the West.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:40 AM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Pominville is probably one of the few players I'd trade Despres for. Guys like him shouldn't be hitting the trade market, so if and when they do, they require a hefty return. Obviously we have guys like Olli Maatta that could be of interest, but realistically, it takes a young, promising NHL player to get a player like Pominville. Since Bennett is off limits IMO, Despres is the only other player that fits the bill. Would be tough to swallow, as I'm sure other Penguin fans here will decline with his play this year. However, Pominville would be too ridiculous of a fit not to, and his caphit is more than reasonable to fit into our long-term plans.

Perhaps I'm over-valuing Pominville, or this whole thread is just undervaluing him. I believe it's the latter, but either way, I'd be ecstatic if it just took Maatta, 1st, and Kennedy to get him. However, as said above, doubt that will be the case in a real-life trade.

I'd honestly do:
- 2013 1st Rounder
- Simon Despres
- Tyler Kennedy

for

- Jason Pominville

Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Perhaps a separate trade would go down in regards to our defense if this one were to go down, so not going to post a projection there.

how about:

To

1st round pick 2013
Matt Niskanen
Tyler Kennedy
Tom Kuhnhackl

To

Jason Pominville
Robyn Regehr

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Brutal post

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:08 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

No way. Perry has zero reasons to be interested in re-signing with Buffalo. That would be terrible asset management. Not to mention we're more than a Corey Perry away from being a competitive team.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

I'd like to see him go to San Jose, he'd be great with Thornton.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:03 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
how about:

To

1st round pick 2013
Matt Niskanen
Tyler Kennedy
Tom Kuhnhackl

To

Jason Pominville
Robyn Regehr
I think this is a pretty fair deal. I have seen the same proposal (or very similar) with Maata in instead of Niskanen. Really I think ether is fair. I would do this trade. May ask for a 4th or 5th added in on Buffalos side, but thats only because I am high on Kuhnhackl to eventually make it to the NHL... But thats neither here nor there and in the grand scheme of things a very minor loss.

If it were me sitting in the big chair, I would have to take a long look at this from Pittsburgh end, and would most likely pull the trigger on it.

Our line up would essentially look as such running into the home stretch/playoffs...

Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Depres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton/Regehr - Engo/Bort

Id like that moving into the post season... A lot... Still a question or two on D... But that top 9 just looks scary if Bennett can keep up his pace of adjusting to NHL play and excelling. And if Dupuis can mesh with Sutter. Those are the only two if's with those forward 3 lines.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
I think this is a pretty fair deal. I have seen the same proposal (or very similar) with Maata in instead of Niskanen. Really I think ether is fair. I would do this trade. May ask for a 4th or 5th added in on Buffalos side, but thats only because I am high on Kuhnhackl to eventually make it to the NHL... But thats neither here nor there and in the grand scheme of things a very minor loss.

If it were me sitting in the big chair, I would have to take a long look at this from Pittsburgh end, and would most likely pull the trigger on it.

Our line up would essentially look as such running into the home stretch/playoffs...

Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Depres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton/Regehr - Engo/Bort

Id like that moving into the post season... A lot... Still a question or two on D... But that top 9 just looks scary if Bennett can keep up his pace of adjusting to NHL play and excelling. And if Dupuis can mesh with Sutter. Those are the only two if's with those forward 3 lines.
Were not moving our captain a 1st line foward for a bunch of average pieces

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Were not moving our captain a 1st line foward for a bunch of average pieces
1st round pick (all be it a late one, but in a forward heavy draft) and a legit top 4 two way dman with offensive upside and a very underrated shot are just pieces? I could understand saying that about TK and Kuhn, but TK is a solid 3rd liner that needs a change of scenery, and Kuhn looks to be a high energy 3rd liner, possibly 2nd/3rd line tweener with an offensive upside potential.

Not saying there are not better deals out there or being mentioned here. The Yandle deal proposed above I think is extremely compelling depending on how it would balance out with +/-'s from ether side. But that deal above from Pitt, you may say they'd have to add another piece/element, but it isn't just "pieces" as you called it.

Last edited by EdwardBlake: 03-10-2013 at 11:46 AM.
EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:

Not only is Poms a top 10 RW but he would easily be your 3rd best PLAYER after the Sedins. Yes, he is better then injury prone Kesler and Edler. Btw, I know our team sucks and that your team has so many cup banners

Jensen wouldn't even be in our top 3 prospects. Nothing from Vancouver interests me, especially Jensen and the soon to be 27 year old goalie with 69 career starts. Not even close to worth a top 10 RW with 5 60+ seasons. Booth is what you wish was half as good as Pominville, don't want him either.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:26 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Not only is Poms a top 10 RW but he would easily be your 3rd best PLAYER after the Sedins. Yes, he is better then injury prone Kesler and Edler. Btw, I know our team sucks and that your team has so many cup banners

Jensen wouldn't even be in our top 3 prospects. Nothing from Vancouver interests me, especially Jensen and the soon to be 27 year old goalie with 69 career starts. Not even close to worth a top 10 RW with 5 60+ seasons. Booth is what you wish was half as good as Pominville, don't want him either.
But don't forget schneider would dominate the weak east while pominville struggles to put up 20 points in the west

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Kershaw

Callahan for Pominville.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote