HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #27|Mar. 10, 2013|Sabres at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-10-2013, 12:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
He's never gotten even 50 points and last season was his only season he's topped 16 goals. The consensus is he's a borderline top six guy and its because he is.
What about this season? It doesn't count?

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruckuss View Post
It's time!!
If that's your work then good job but to associate Leighton with Metallica in anyway is just wrong. One is amazing at what they do/did while the other is just...it's just wrong.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Can anyone confirm who will be in net tonight for the Flyers?
why else do you call up Leighton, send down Boucher unless you are starting Leighton. Leighton is starting tonight. Unless he gets the flu.

Lavy also prefers Leighton over Boucher anyway LOL

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
He's never gotten even 50 points and last season was his only season he's topped 16 goals. The consensus is he's a borderline top six guy and its because he is.
Nope. He's top 6 now. In case you weren't aware, the Kings system is conducive for point production. Mike Richards is a top 6 player playing like a very good 3rd line center in LA. Did he just randomly just become a 3rd line center? No. Some systems lead to points and other don't.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-10-2013 at 01:58 PM.
TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
You're making excuses. Losing any of those three on their own wouldn't have been bad but all three together probably accounts to well over 100 points of offense lost. You can't just lose that much and replace it with L. Schenn. Not when our farm system is barren aside from Laughton.

Can't believe you compared Carle to Schenn. The former is more established and they play completely different styles. Voracek has broken out but Giroux isn't playing on the elite level he was last season (or at least didn't start off that way) and Couturiers offensive game hasn't developed.
This is the worst stat ever. You can't compare things like that, 100 points on 3 spots means 33 points by player. There's players to replace them, it's litterally nothing. Voracek took Jagr's spot on the top line and produces more than him. JVR... wasn't playing for half of the season and we still won a lot. The improvement of the younger players definitely covers the loss of Jagr and JVR. Matt Carle is definitely better than L. Schenn right now, I've never compared them, but : is Carle that much better? Can he transform the worst team in the league into a playoffs team? I don't think so. Our offense is still stacked.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
What about this season? It doesn't count?
If you wanna be swayed by half a season after a lockout where his shooting percentage is 5 percent above his career average then be my guest. Fact is that he needs to prove it concretely before assuming he is. Make a poll asking if he's a proven top six player and well see what happens. Don't really wanna debate this.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

I already bet the over in this game when leighton was called up. I don't usually bet against my home team ever but I'm really tempted to do it here. I'm sure leighton will allow 4+ goals

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
This is the worst stat ever. You can't compare things like that, 100 points on 3 spots means 33 points by player. There's players to replace them, it's litterally nothing. Voracek took Jagr's spot on the top line and produces more than him. JVR... wasn't playing for half of the season and we still won a lot. The improvement of the younger players definitely covers the loss of Jagr and JVR. Matt Carle is definitely better than L. Schenn right now, I've never compared them, but : is Carle that much better? Can he transform the worst team in the league into a playoffs team? I don't think so. Our offense is still stacked.
Explain how that's a bad stat. It's two guys we would have used in our top six and a top four d. Carle is much more proven and his play style and skillset fits this team more then Lukes does.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:59 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Explain how that's a bad stat. It's two guys we would have used in our top six and a top four d. Carle is much more proven and his play style and skillet fits this team more then Lukes does.
You can't just take some players's points production together, and say : we lost X points. This is a nonsense. If you lose a top line player, someone else is gonna take his spot and his points will be inflated by getting more icetime, playing with better teammates, etc. Every spot you free will be taken by someone who'll also produce points or more points than he used to produce if his icetime is increased, so the number of "points lost" decreases. Voracek is a better top line winger than Jagr right now. The second line is just as good as it was with Voracek on it last year, partially because Schenn is better than he was. The third line isn't worse than it was either. Same for the 4th. Our forward core is still stacked.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

Having a losing team is making our fan base very combative isn't it?

Old
03-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
You can't just take some players's points production together, and say : we lost X points. This is a nonsense. If you lose a top line player, someone else is gonna take his spot and his points will be inflated by getting more icetime, playing with better teammates, etc. Every spot you free will be taken by someone who'll also produce points or more points than he used to produce if his icetime is increased, so the number of "points lost" decreases. Voracek is a better top line winger than Jagr right now. The second line is just as good as it was with Voracek on it last year, partially because Schenn is better than he was. The third line isn't worse than it was either. Same for the 4th. Our forward core is still stacked.
Stacked is extreme. Has a great young core but the only time it will be stacked is if guys like Simmonds and Giroux maintain their production and guys like Schenn and Couturier fulfill that potential.

Not trying to be mean here but it's faulty logic to assume anyone can fill a slot. Going by that argument everyone is of the same skill level and all that matters is ice time. It's just a simple fact. We lost Carle, Jagr, Bobrovsky, JVR and the only impact player brought in was L. Schenn.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
If you wanna be swayed by half a season after a lockout where his shooting percentage is 5 percent above his career average then be my guest. Fact is that he needs to prove it concretely before assuming he is. Make a poll asking if he's a proven top six player and well see what happens. Don't really wanna debate this.
He didn't really have an offensive role in LA so it's kind hard to compare his seasons there to his seasons with us. But we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
SuchySays

they're probably going to win tonight...

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Having a losing team is making our fan base very combative isn't it?
I blame it all on Michael Leighton.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Stacked is extreme. Has a great young core but the only time it will be stacked is if guys like Simmonds and Giroux maintain their production and guys like Schenn and Couturier fulfill that potential.

Not trying to be mean here but it's faulty logic to assume anyone can fill a slot. Going by that argument everyone is of the same skill level and all that matters is ice time. It's just a simple fact. We lost Carle, Jagr, Bobrovsky, JVR and the only impact player brought in was L. Schenn.
Never said this, not at all. If you replace an elite player with a 50 pts player, that's a loss and it's pretty obvious. I'm just saying that you can't count things in "number of points" without considering these factors (ice time, linemates, etc). We indeed lost players, but we adapted fine. I wouldn't know where to put JVR and Jagr in our current lineup, actually.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He didn't really have an offensive role in LA so it's kind hard to compare his seasons there to his seasons with us. But we'll just have to agree to disagree here.
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. For what it's worth I think he will prove an effective goal scorer in the crease area and because of that a decent second liner. Just think he needs to prove it. Last season was far above his norm and this season his shooting percentage is way up and it's a weird season.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Never said this, not at all. If you replace an elite player with a 50 pts player, that's a loss and it's pretty obvious. I'm just saying that you can't count things in "number of points" without considering these factors (ice time, linemates, etc). We indeed lost players, but we adapted fine. I wouldn't know where to put JVR and Jagr in our current lineup, actually.
I'm curious what our 82 game pace is for goals scored and goals against and how it compares to last season.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Krishna

I sort of hope we lose so the Front office realizes that this season is a wash

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
I'm curious what our 82 game pace is for goals scored and goals against and how it compares to last season.
We've sucked this year, no question about that. But this team is full of potential. It's a weird season for us, we played more back to back games than any other team, we've had a lot of injuries, players had chemistry issues, things are apparently not going well in the locker room, etc. The team is still full of talent and could be very good as soon as next year, though.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I sort of hope we lose so the Front office realizes that this season is a wash
I think if we go down tonight and lose 1 of 2 to the devils the season is gone. Homer knows how to get value for players when he is not in tight spots regarding the cap. Seems like Florida fans want a offensive forward also because of their defensive depth with the young kids. So maybe Seth jones falls to 2nd overall. I don't see them passing him up though

Old
03-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Garbage Goal

For what it's worth I also think with the proper development of youth, a modification of a couple d, and a different coach we could do well. Aren't far off from a good team.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Garbage Goal

Actually probably wouldn't even need a d modification if we had a good coach that fit our roster better.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Now that Leighton is on the team, I'm sure Buffalo's game plan is just two words; five hole

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Krishna

starting to get a little off topic but if we are going to stay with a very offensive system, call up Florida and see what they want for Campbell. He's still a very good D man but is just a little overpaid. He'd fit this system nicely

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:51 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
There's no Chris Pronger in this league right now. We definitely need a top Dman to be contenders, but we still shouldn't be among the worst teams in the league with our current lineup. But it's over now, they have litterally no chance at making the playoffs unless a miracle happens. Let's just use this bad season to our advantage and try to get a top Dman in the draft instead of blowing up our offensive core.
Everyone whose last name isnt Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek, Schenn, Grossmann or Couturier should be made available without question

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote