HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 04:57 AM
timekeep

vCash: 500
Does anyone know how Gormley is doing with Phoenix, see he has been playing in the AHL this year. Phoenix is pretty packed at D, maybe we could get him for not too much.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115925

Old
03-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Does anyone know how Gormley is doing with Phoenix, see he has been playing in the AHL this year. Phoenix is pretty packed at D, maybe we could get him for not too much.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Haha why would Gagner become the third line right winger?
smaller guy, lots of people crying for a bigger No.2 C, and on deep teams, you need a solid top nine, Gagner would be our Kris Versteeg if you want to compare us to the 2010 Blackhawk team.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:05 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Not the most ideal trade for Hemsky, it's not terrible though, but if we deal Hemsky then we ideally want either the top six power forward or the No.2 D-man coming back.

Like I said, not terrible though, better proposal than a lot of others.
Can we even take one 2 more contracts ? We are at 49 , i thought . Take Hemsky out add 3 back we would be at 51 . I could be wrong on the number of contracts , it just one of those things i do not pay much attention to . Please correct me if i am wrong

Old
03-10-2013, 10:22 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Yeah, I'm really scared they'll start looking at trading one of the young guns and decide the right move is to trade away the "lazy russian" with the immense shot and skill who just happen to be one of the most driven players I've seen instead of one of the "good ol' canadian boys" who seems to have questionable work ethic and a sense of entitlement.

I don't want to move any of the kids atm but if I were to move one it sure as hell wouldn't be Yakupov.
I agree . I think Gagner should go and i like him . Hemsky , Eberle , Horcoff should be bought out , Draft a big center , it maybe be a step back for one year then 3 steps forward . Our first line well should be all our first . Hall Is becoming a complete player , Yakupov has speed hits and what a shot . If we can draft Jones and trade the above players first a high enough first to get our big center we should be able to fill in the other pieces with Big gritty players .

Old
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
That's a great trade for both teams. I can't really see us making it as it actually addresses two needs. Tambellini is still figuring out how to make a deal just to address one.
Tambellini is trying figure out how to work a phone . 1/2 the posters on here would make a better Gm then him . Or maybe he has a seeing probably . Can we chip in and get him a seeing eye dog . Train him to pick out the scrub on the team .

Old
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post

While Gormley took a while to adjust to the pro game he is highly regarded by the franchise. He is still projected to be a #3 or #2 dman. He is not available for "not too much".

Old
03-10-2013, 01:31 PM
A Classy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I agree . I think Gagner should go and i like him . Hemsky , Eberle , Horcoff should be bought out , Draft a big center , it maybe be a step back for one year then 3 steps forward . Our first line well should be all our first . Hall Is becoming a complete player , Yakupov has speed hits and what a shot . If we can draft Jones and trade the above players first a high enough first to get our big center we should be able to fill in the other pieces with Big gritty players .
I stopped reading there. Just one giant facepalm.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 508
Quote:
wait. what?

Old
03-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
wait. what?
I'll second that!

Old
03-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Petro Points

In hindsight, Tambo shouldve waited to sign Hall and Ebs to new deals..
Would have gotten them for much cheaper and it being a contract year would have gotten more production.

Hall will eventually earn his $$ but Eberle may never reach that level.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
In hindsight, Tambo shouldve waited to sign Hall and Ebs to new deals..
Would have gotten them for much cheaper and it being a contract year would have gotten more production.

Hall will eventually earn his $$ but Eberle may never reach that level.
IMO they got market value deals.

Although I'd like to see more out of him this season, Eberle earned that contract with his production last season. Tambellini gambled a little bit on Hall, but I don't see anyone faulting him on that deal.

While I don't disagree that they could be making a little less, they're the go-to guys and should be paid accordingly. RNH will get a similar deal when his time comes and then the ceiling is set. Yakupov isn't game-breaker material yet and I don't see him earning more than, or even as much as, the three of them.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
So, you're looking at:
Hall-RNH-Eberle
BLANK-BLANK-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Peverley-Gagner

one of those blanks is solved by drafting Barkov or Lindholm, and the other one could be solved by trading someone, notice Hemsky isn't in the top nine there. He's either dealt for a 2nd line big LW or a top four D-man, whatever is available. Another problem will be the hole that Horcoff leaves when we need him to go for relief.
Gagner is not a 3rd line player. After the draft I would like to see this.
Hall;RNH;Eberle
PRV;Barkov/Monahan;Yak
Harti; Pevrley;Jones
Smyth(we are stuck with him for one more year; Boyle; Brown

The following players can get traded to help upgrade our defense: Hemsky, Gagner, N.Schultz other prospects and picks. I think with these players available we can get some good parts to upgrade our defense.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
IMO they got market value deals.

Although I'd like to see more out of him this season, Eberle earned that contract with his production last season. Tambellini gambled a little bit on Hall, but I don't see anyone faulting him on that deal.

While I don't disagree that they could be making a little less, they're the go-to guys and should be paid accordingly. RNH will get a similar deal when his time comes and then the ceiling is set. Yakupov isn't game-breaker material yet and I don't see him earning more than, or even as much as, the three of them.
And RNH is? I don't understand HF's love affair with this guy. He should make less then both Eberle and Hall, unless he takes a dramatic step forward next year. I think 5M for 6 years after seeing what' he's shown so far. Yak is on the first year of his deal and hasn't been given the opportunity the other 1st had so I'll wait until the end of next season before judging him.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Gagner is not a 3rd line player. After the draft I would like to see this.
Hall;RNH;Eberle
PRV;Barkov/Monahan;Yak
Harti; Pevrley;Jones
Smyth(we are stuck with him for one more year; Boyle; Brown

The following players can get traded to help upgrade our defense: Hemsky, Gagner, N.Schultz other prospects and picks. I think with these players available we can get some good parts to upgrade our defense.
Yeah throwing an 18 year old into the second line centre role will be great for the success of the team

Old
03-10-2013, 02:31 PM
frag2

Wow them capitals are sure horrawful lol

Maybe we could swap something with them

Old
03-10-2013, 02:32 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

Are you on drugs, Hemsky is not bought out there are a lot of teams that would trade for him. Don't lose him for nothing get some assets back. Eberle has one tough year and you want to buy him out. I don't think so. Horc I do agree on.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
And RNH is? I don't understand HF's love affair with this guy. He should make less then both Eberle and Hall, unless he takes a dramatic step forward next year. I think 5M for 6 years after seeing what' he's shown so far. Yak is on the first year of his deal and hasn't been given the opportunity the other 1st had so I'll wait until the end of next season before judging him.
Call it 'drinking the kool-aid' but his defensive game and puck-retrieval at 19 is better than most NHL centres at 30.

He's a textbook case of the sophomore jinx, but he still manages to be a threat in the offensive zone each game. He's not a guy who'll take a game over like Hall, but he's a stabilizing presence on that line and an elite playmaker. He definitely fits the bill.

EDIT: Not that I'd necessarily disagree with paying him less....

Old
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Yeah throwing an 18 year old into the second line centre role will be great for the success of the team
Just because I have him on the 2nd line doesn't mean that the line can't be sheltered. At 16-18 minutes a game he will be fine. It gives PRV and Yak a legit centreman with skill. It is not like the kid is small. He is one of the prospects that they say can step into the NHL next year. If that line gets 16-17 minutes a game then that would be perfect.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrioch
Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen is getting the lay of land, but he's also working the phones trying to clean up the mess left behind by Scott Howson. Sources say Kekalainen has been offering up centre Brandon Dubinsky and his $4.2 million cap hit through 2014-15 around the league. Acquired in the Rick Nash deal by Howson, Dubinsky hasn't been a liability he just makes too much money and Kekalainen doesn't have any ties to the deal
Yes please. Dubinsky is the kind of guy I'd love to get. Above 50% on face-offs, good for 200+ hits in a normal season, a top PK guy and is competent to get things done in a Top-6 role, whether that be riding shotgun on LW or centering any permutation of kids.

The only concerning thing to me is that he's got 1 year left on his contract till he's a UFA. Being from Anchorage, is the proximity a helpful factor in re-signing him? He'll be used to the weather

EDIT: NM, 2 more years left on his deal. Love it.

Last edited by Soli: 03-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
rockinghockey

What is this love affair with Dubinsky, CBJ suck like us and they want to get rid of him so we will take him and his over paid contract please people. When was the last time he had a good year.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Agreed.

He'd be a perfect 3rd line centre, or 2nd line LW...take your pick.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Paajarvi - Dubinsky - Jones
Smyth - Horcoff - Petrell

Eager, Brown

Old
03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Just because I have him on the 2nd line doesn't mean that the line can't be sheltered. At 16-18 minutes a game he will be fine. It gives PRV and Yak a legit centreman with skill. It is not like the kid is small. He is one of the prospects that they say can step into the NHL next year. If that line gets 16-17 minutes a game then that would be perfect.
Who on the Oilers is going to shelter him? A 19 year old Hopkins who should be sheltered himself and looks burnt out? Without some sheltering he's not going to be able to grow into the role properly..Can't just throw kids to the wolves..
We need more and better veterans, not other kids in the lineup...

Old
03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4459
Quote:
What is this love affair with Dubinsky, CBJ suck like us and they want to get rid of him so we will take him and his over paid contract please people. When was the last time he had a good year.
I'd take him as a replacement for Horcoff or Belanger any day of the week.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Yes please. Dubinsky is the kind of guy I'd love to get. Above 50% on face-offs, good for 200+ hits in a normal season, a top PK guy and is competent to get things done in a Top-6 role, whether that be riding shotgun on LW or centering any permutation of kids.

The only concerning thing to me is that he's got 1 year left on his contract till he's a UFA. Being from Anchorage, is the proximity a helpful factor in re-signing him? He'll be used to the weather
Dubi would be ****ing perfect.

Has the ability to score 20g, good along the board, gives 110% every shift, can make things happen in front of the net, great leader, good hair. He's also young enough to fit in long term.

Play him on Gagner's LW, and we will partially solve the FO issue on that line.