HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

David desharnais

Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Milhouse40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
like we can see, Dd don't have a lot of value on this board so if we can't get something significant we should just keep him.
Kind of ****** up to have a top 6 player, consider by many as our first line center not worth any more than a draft pick. But hell, i get it....i don't him on my top 6 either so.....

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Be a Hab

I say let's see what he can do in a playoff series. We haven't seen him play in the playoffs yet. If he turns into a ghost and and doesn't have what it takes to play in the playoffs then we should trade him, but if he puts up the same type of numbers in the playoffs than in the regular season or does even better than I can't see MB trading him away he will become to valuable to the team especially if we can sign him to a cheap contract.

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
I say let's see what he can do in a playoff series. We haven't seen him play in the playoffs yet. If he turns into a ghost and and doesn't have what it takes to play in the playoffs then we should trade him, but if he puts up the same type of numbers in the playoffs than in the regular season or does even better than I can't see MB trading him away he will become to valuable to the team especially if we can sign him to a cheap contract.
this is probably the best comments i've seen on this thread

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

OK, if not DD, who??...Habs need to trade for a power winger and they have too many centres in the mix...Eller?...can't see them giving up on him already...Leblanc?...still developing and not alot of value...Plekanec?...most complete player on the Habs and an integral part of the team...White?...OK 4th liner with little value in a trade...Galchenyuk?...when Hell freezes over...so who?

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Habsrback

I agree that barring a trade, our 3 top centers next year will be Plek, Gally, and Eller. Whoever said in this thread that Gally (Chuckie?!!!) is not ready must be a Leafs' fan!

DD will not get traded for peanuts as he is very appreciated by his teamates, the coaching staff, and Bergevin. He will also come cheap, which ia another plus. I see him converting as a winger. This guy will alsways be underrated because of his size but even Don Cherry said that he would take him on his team.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I agree that barring a trade, our 3 top centers next year will be Plek, Gally, and Eller. Whoever said in this thread that Gally (Chuckie?!!!) is not ready must be a Leafs' fan!

DD will not get traded for peanuts as he is very appreciated by his teamates, the coaching staff, and Bergevin. He will also come cheap, which ia another plus. I see him converting as a winger. This guy will alsways be underrated because of his size but even Don Cherry said that he would take him on his team.
Your point makes sense but for future reference don't bring up Don Cherry, remember out goal is to win a cup in montreal. If we ever need advice never winning one we can call him

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We're having a good year but we're not a Cup contender this year. We're heading in the right direction. I know last year was an aberration. Just look at St Louis last year, how good they did in the regular season and got owned in the playoffs by LA. This isn't about just making the playoffs, we're a few years off from competing for the Cup.

If you're tired take a nap.
I am not "tired" in the sense of needing sleep, I am "tired" in the sense of fed up with people who have no clue what they are talking about putting down this team. There are too many Habs fans who have no clue how good this actual team already is and are far too excited about all of the next great prospects that we might one day get to become what we already are: CONTENDERS.

We are not favoured. So what? We are contenders. We have a solid team that can compete with any other team in the NHL. We are missing a piece of two in order to be considered favourites, but we are not as far off as too many people seem to think. If we get a Clowe and Stoner type for our forward and defence, we will be more than able to win a Cup this year. As much as any other team. If certain supposed Habs fans can not see that reality, when it is looking them in the face based on how well we have done over the last few years and this season (so far), that is their inability to understand hockey, not my need for sleep.

The Habs are contenders right now. With the right added pieces, we will be better contenders. As long as we stay healthy, we will do well.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Greenstickytoes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
As long as Plekanec is on the habs, he's the perfect 2nd line center. Been match against opponent top line night in, night out. I dont see a problem with Desharnais centering a top 9 line offensively oriented.

Pretty much like this year. There is no top line in Montreal, neither 2nd or 3rd. Simply 3 lines with different tasks.
exactly 3 lines with different tasks.. the third line, its a bonus if they score.
when really their job is to play against the best opposing players to shut
them down. which Eller is good at and Pleky also. but the problem
is that we have Chucky that we all know, will become the best
centermen of the team in years to come and Eller pushing up on center.
which makes DD 3rd after Pleky, Eller or Chucky.. If DD stays in montreal
he has to play on the 2 first lines at center. or else your taking off 65% of
his effectiveness.. but i doubt he will stay in the top 2 center spots..
because of Eller, Chucky and Pleky. especially if montreal have a lack of size
up front. If DD was bigger than we wouldnt be having this convo but hes not.
and unfortunately Gallagher isnt a big winger so it makes us have too many small
players in our top 2 lines. so the best solution would be to trade him for a Powerforward winger.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I am not "tired" in the sense of needing sleep, I am "tired" in the sense of fed up with people who have no clue what they are talking about putting down this team. There are too many Habs fans who have no clue how good this actual team already is and are far too excited about all of the next great prospects that we might one day get to become what we already are: CONTENDERS.

We are not favoured. So what? We are contenders. We have a solid team that can compete with any other team in the NHL. We are missing a piece of two in order to be considered favourites, but we are not as far off as too many people seem to think. If we get a Clowe and Stoner type for our forward and defence, we will be more than able to win a Cup this year. As much as any other team. If certain supposed Habs fans can not see that reality, when it is looking them in the face based on how well we have done over the last few years and this season (so far), that is their inability to understand hockey, not my need for sleep.

The Habs are contenders right now. With the right added pieces, we will be better contenders. As long as we stay healthy, we will do well.
You sir are the one who doesn't know what they're talkin about...

Yeah yippi we are first cool and I enjoy watching them win but I'm being realistic we will not win a cup this year... We can not win a cup this year come playoff time we'd be lucky to play 6 games in total.

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post

We're playin well no doubt but you have rose coloured glasses on. We're an unbalanced team for the playoffs:
-We have three shrimps in our top 6. The playoffs are a battle. And size matters.
-Two of those players, Desharnais and Gallagher, have never been in the playoffs.
-We have two rookies with immense skill but they're that, rookies.
-Bourque is out with a concussion. We don't know how he'll come back.
-Moen shows up in the playoffs but we haven't seen him yet this season. He might not even make it to the trade deadline.
-We have one hitter on the back end. We need to add 1-2 more.
-Diaz hasn't played in the playoffs. We don't know how he'll do.

There are a lot of question marks and in my opinion we're 2-3 years away. I'm not saying we won't compete, I'm saying we're not a contender. Who knows, maybe we'll surprise.

Don't let tempered expectations of other fans get to you so much. It's not healthy to care that much about hockey. If you're tired, take a nap.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Domino11

I love mtl , I have season ticket for the past 10 years and I go to 99% of the game but realistically mtl is not a playoff team .. When u play in the regular season u play 3 game a week agains 3 different team , in the playoff u play 4-5-6-7 game agains the same team ... The opponent concentrate only on you and take the time to analyze how to play agains you !! Mtl will likely finish 4 this season but mtl is not built for the playoff and as much as I like them I'm realistic !!
Galagher and galchenyuk will be tired due to the fact they will have been played around 80 game each and it hard on there body specially in there first season in the big league

With our small player it ok during the season cause they get some rest again few team but in the playoff they will end up been hit night after night !
We will need to get better on face off to cause in the season were bad but in the playoff it will be more and more obvious !!

Mtl as a good foundation with guys like pacio , plekanec , price , subban , galchenyuk , Eller , emelin but were not there yet we need some extra piece

Desharnais as good value but the real question is can he be good and produce in the playoff but most of all can he produce for few season in a row the a big question mark

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Yep if DD comes on the cheap i'd rather keep him, plays with a lot of heart and good to have around. You can never have too much depth at center centers, especialy considering that Eller and Galch can play wing is there is an injury. And after Plek, Eller and Galchy there is no one coming in at center, one of them gets injured and Ryan White becomes our third line center.

And it has been said that you'll never get DD full value in a trade as he is 5"6.
Bingo. I wish more Habs fans were as smart as you.

Our C depth is quite pathetic besides the 4 awesome C's we have in the NHL. Galchenyuk or Eller can play wing quite well, so keep them all if DD comes cheap. Anything under $3M is a no-brainer for me. Imagine locking up DD and Eller long-term for $3M each? That is depth and that is cheap depth that can score.

No reason to trade any C. Like you said.. one injury and BAM, Ryan White welcome to line #3. Horrible idea when you are running 3 offensive lines.

Last edited by Bad Natey: 03-10-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We're playin well no doubt but you have rose coloured glasses on. We're an unbalanced team for the playoffs:
-We have three shrimps in our top 6. The playoffs are a battle. And size matters.
-Two of those players, Desharnais and Gallagher, have never been in the playoffs.
-We have two rookies with immense skill but they're that, rookies.
-Bourque is out with a concussion. We don't know how he'll come back.
-Moen shows up in the playoffs but we haven't seen him yet this season. He might not even make it to the trade deadline.
-We have one hitter on the back end. We need to add 1-2 more.
-Diaz hasn't played in the playoffs. We don't know how he'll do.

There are a lot of question marks and in my opinion we're 2-3 years away. I'm not saying we won't compete, I'm saying we're not a contender. Who knows, maybe we'll surprise.

Don't let tempered expectations of other fans get to you so much. It's not healthy to care that much about hockey. If you're tired, take a nap.
Desharnais has played in the playoffs and he was flying. Not sure what you're on about. He started out on the 4th line, playing like 7-8 minutes. By game 4 & 5, he was up to ~14-minutes and playing on the second line.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:54 AM
ginovegas

my biggest concern regarding DD, is how much salary he will command next season
He could probably retain a top 2 center role for another year or 2 as Chucky settles in a la Seguin.

I'm on the fence about him, as much as I wanted to trade him, he does bring us some intangibles. We will already lose a top6 in Ryder. Gionta will probably be playing on 3rd line next season or by end of this one and out the season after.

IF MB is clearing cap-space to chase a big winger I don't think we can give DD 3-4.5 million he will want. However he is still RFA for 1 more season and maybe thats all we need from him

I guess this years playoffs will determine where he sits moving forward

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Bingo. I wish more Habs fans were as smart as you.

Our C depth is quite pathetic besides the 4 awesome C's we have in the NHL. Galchenyuk or Eller can play wing quite well, so keep them all if DD comes cheap. Anything under $3M is a no-brainer for me. Imagine locking up DD and Eller long-term for $3M each? That is depth and that is cheap depth that can score.

No reason to trade any C. Like you said.. one injury and BAM, Ryan White welcome to line #3. Horrible idea when you are running 3 offensive lines.
Plekanec - Eller -Galchenyuk

I don't see White anywhere

Old
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post

Problems with editing.....and i wanted to add, that for a long term injury it might be a problem....but short term, Bourniva, Dumont and Leblanc might be able to help in those case

Old
03-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:

I see you read my post well.

Quote:
Problems with editing.....and i wanted to add, that for a long term injury it might be a problem....but short term, Bourniva, Dumont and Leblanc might be able to help in those case
Leblanc? Shows how much you know about our depth. Leblanc doesn't play Center anymore. Hasn't forever.

Bournival is my favourite prospect and Dumont isn't far behind, but any extended time on a Top-9 line at this point is asking too much.

The only way I trade a C if I'm MB is if someone severely overpays for Plekanec, Desharnais, or Eller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
my biggest concern regarding DD, is how much salary he will command next season
He could probably retain a top 2 center role for another year or 2 as Chucky settles in a la Seguin.

I'm on the fence about him, as much as I wanted to trade him, he does bring us some intangibles. We will already lose a top6 in Ryder. Gionta will probably be playing on 3rd line next season or by end of this one and out the season after.

IF MB is clearing cap-space to chase a big winger I don't think we can give DD 3-4.5 million he will want. However he is still RFA for 1 more season and maybe thats all we need from him

I guess this years playoffs will determine where he sits moving forward
We have so much cap space. And even more coming off the books with Kaberle's buyout and Gionta's expiring contract next year. There are no big RFA's we will need to sign this year besides Desharnais, so giving him $2.5M-$3M (hopefully what he asks for), is a piece of cake. If we have to move Travis Moen to make up an extra $1M in savings (use a 4th liner like Dumont in his place; White-Dumont-Armstrong), that's a piece of cake too.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
I see you read my post well.

Leblanc? Shows how much you know about our depth. Leblanc doesn't play Center anymore. Hasn't forever.

Bournival is my favourite prospect and Dumont isn't far behind, but any extended time on a Top-9 line at this point is asking too much.

The only way I trade a C if I'm MB is if someone severely overpays for Plekanec, Desharnais, or Eller.

We have so much cap space. And even more coming off the books with Kaberle's buyout and Gionta's expiring contract next year. There are no big RFA's we will need to sign this year besides Desharnais, so giving him $2.5M-$3M (hopefully what he asks for), is a piece of cake. If we have to move Travis Moen to make up an extra $1M in savings (use a 4th liner like Dumont in his place; White-Dumont-Armstrong), that's a piece of cake too.
Thanks for your comments on how much i know......but you know that a CENTER can still play at CENTER even if he played half a season on the wings for the first time in his life??

Old
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Thanks for your comments on how much i know......but you know that a CENTER can still play at CENTER even if he played half a season on the wings for the first time in his life??
lol.. and you just prove my point more. This isn't the first year Leblanc has been playing wing...

Old
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Milhouse40

And just like that....Plekanec-Desharnais-Eller-Dumont....or the best way to have the smallest center lin in the NHL!!!

Old
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
lol.. and you just prove my point more. This isn't the first year Leblanc has been playing wing...
Ouuuuuuuuhhhhhhh....Leblanc spent most of his life and has been drafted as a Center. And you're telling me he can't play there anymore???

Old
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
And just like that....Plekanec-Desharnais-Eller-Dumont....or the best way to have the smallest center lin in the NHL!!!
What are you doing talking about?

1st place right now with those top-3 centers, just in case you haven't been paying attention.

Quote:
Ouuuuuuuuhhhhhhh....Leblanc spent most of his life and has been drafted as a Center. And you're telling me he can't play there anymore???
Leblanc has been gradually shifted away from Center for years. He's not going to play center at the NHL level unless it's in a pinch. Any prolonged period of time, he will not spend as a pivot.

Chris Higgins was drafted as a C.. how long much has he played there in the NHL? Heck, if I remember correctly, Andrei Markov was drafted as a center.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

As long as it's working and we don't have better players, I'm totally fine with keeping all of Desharnais, Eller, Plekanec, Galchenyuk (+ White, Dumont) with the team. Indefinitely, really. It's working fine now, and I don't see any harm in having players switch back and forth to the wing, during whatever stretches the Habs have of having all those players healthy.

Obviously you can't trade Desharnais for better players, his trade value will always be hurt by his size. So unless he prices himself out of the picture by commanding too high a salary on his next contract, he's a keeper for the Habs IMHO.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
What are you doing talking about?

1st place right now with those top-3 centers, just in case you haven't been paying attention.

Leblanc has been gradually shifted away from Center for years. He's not going to play center at the NHL level unless it's in a pinch. Any prolonged period of time, he will not spend as a pivot.

Chris Higgins was drafted as a C.. how long much has he played there in the NHL? Heck, if I remember correctly, Andrei Markov was drafted as a center.
Doesn't mean we won't get back at center...And Markov was drafted as a D

Cammalleri has been used as winger for year, but was drafted as a center.....Calgary use him at center last year!!

Old
03-10-2013, 03:12 PM
MXD

My opinion on this....

+ DD won't be traded at the deadline, unless it's for ridiculous overpayment (think 1st rounder of a team that might miss the playoffs).

+ He's RFA, and not UFA -- that means his trade value is possibly higher now than if he'd be UFA to-be.

+ Long term? All comes down to how much he asks. The reason why the Habs are successful now is offensive depth, and having a 850K forward who brings what he brings offensively is something of a real bargain.

+ Unless traded for overpayment, the Habs will qualify him. I don't expect him to remain in Montreal for long if he's signed over 3.25M$.

+ Trading Plekanec and Eller is definitely a possibility as well, both those players are extremely polyvalent... even if I'd be extremely surprised to see Plekanec play left wing, except for dire circumstances (example : Plekanec, DD, Eller, Galchenyuk and White are dressed -- and, in game, Eller, Bourque and Moen are injured, but that would be extreme circumstances).

+ The Habs Brass knows, much more than any people here, what those players bring. The big variables is DD's salary demands, and a possible trade offer for any of DD, Plekanec or Eller. Those two facts will mainly determine what will happen with Desharnais.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote