HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

Old
03-10-2013, 09:42 AM
stangconv

vCash: 50
Anyone want to come up with a blurb for my firelowe website? Think it's going to be one page with a PayPal donate button to raise funds for a billboard and radio ads. I'm not very good at this stuff.

stangconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
dem

vCash: 500
Lowe is letting Tambo hang himself.

Lowe isn't going anywhere.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
This is all part of katz's plan....why would he fire his team when they're following his instruction?

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Tekneek

Honeymoon is over, apparently.

I saw this coming years ago, but had to endure the mindless celebration over the Tambo hiring, Khabby signing, coach firing, training staff firing, lottery pick celebrating, etc. They got a blank check to lower payroll, pocket profits, and then thanked everybody by staging that truly stupid Seattle stunt.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Tekneek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Yup, just to think of it. So many of the mouth breathers here were adamant that the EIG was Satan incarnate & that Katz was the solution to all the teams ills.
Similar to those that blamed MacT for everything.
But of course, they never nut up & say they had no clue
Of course. It was the owners. It was the coaches. It was the training staff. So many people have been scapegoated. All the while Katz is counting the profits.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:36 PM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
No need to boycott games. Start long and hard chants, might I suggest "Lowe must go"

Chant this during a HNIC broadcast and it will get huge play. The Leafs did it with Ron Wilson, it works.
"TAMBO, HAS TO GO" also has a nice ring to it.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
stangconv

Tambo isn't going to solve the problem when it's still Lowe who pulls the strings.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
"TAMBO, HAS TO GO" also has a nice ring to it.
...don't forget to bring Eggo's!!

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Honeymoon is over, apparently.

I saw this coming years ago, but had to endure the mindless celebration over the Tambo hiring, Khabby signing, coach firing, training staff firing, lottery pick celebrating, etc. They got a blank check to lower payroll, pocket profits, and then thanked everybody by staging that truly stupid Seattle stunt.
+1

Funny how this board went from "in lowe we trust" to "fire klowe!"
.....and it all started with a change in ownership......hmmmm

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Of course. It was the owners. It was the coaches. It was the training staff. So many people have been scapegoated. All the while Katz is counting the profits.
conspiration hogwash. they genuinely thought (think) the smart approach was to tank and collect highend talent. (I agreed with this for 2 years, and tolerated it last year). they are just really, really, REALLY bad at their job of supplementing the rest of the roster.

its as simple as that. there is no 'let's trick them into accepting failure, so I can make money' nefarious plan. Katz made 600million more last year from Rexal Drugs. The Oilers' profits are to Katz about like you selling your TV on Kijiji.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
For the record - it is on the record for those willing to search my HFBoards posts - I was 100% opposed to Katz buying the team from EIG.

Those in favor claimed Katz would spend to the cap annually to guarantee a winner - we are presently in the bottom 25% is salary expenditures once again. And in the bottom 10% in the standings.

Actually, now that I think about it - Katz has done a great job as the owner. None of the players on my slo-pitch team misses any games in May to attend playoff games; my apologizes Daryl...
Katz also tried to throw ten million a year at Marian Hossa, as well as allowing the team to deal for Danny Heatley. As well as eating Sheldon Souray's salary while he was rotting away in the AHL, just to prove a point.

I agree with the other guy who said the will is there to make this team successful, it's just that whoever is making the decisions, whether it be Lowe or Tambellini, simply has no idea what they are doing.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:01 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

I'm just wondering why everyone thinks Lowe pulls the strings? When Lowe was GM, love him or hate him, he showed passion and was dealing if things weren't going right. Wiling to piss off other teams if it meant he felt he was improving his team. At least his teams showed effort. I don't think he would let this happen if he was still GM. JMO.

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:04 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
For the record - it is on the record for those willing to search my HFBoards posts - I was 100% opposed to Katz buying the team from EIG.

Those in favor claimed Katz would spend to the cap annually to guarantee a winner - we are presently in the bottom 25% is salary expenditures once again. And in the bottom 10% in the standings.

Actually, now that I think about it - Katz has done a great job as the owner. None of the players on my slo-pitch team misses any games in May to attend playoff games; my apologizes Daryl...
you can't possible be serious? i know you have a (completely illogical) hatred of katz for some reason, but clearly his actions surrounding the team's salary would penetrate even your bias against him? right?

katz has given the oilers the ability to spend to the cap whenever they want... the hossa, heatley, souray situations are all the proof needed in this regard

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:14 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

What's Blue Jackets' record since Howson was fired?

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:15 PM
bigguy13

we should all stand up during the National anthem and voice our displeasure. Start by chanting FIRE TAMBO. In the second period chant FIRE LOWE. then the third period FIRE TAMBLOWE, Make the voice heard on TV and then have the reporters ask lowe and tambo of their thoughts on the fans voicing their opinions. Maybe Katz will listen??

bigguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:18 PM
ChadSC
SportingCharts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
what's blue jackets' record since howson was fired?
5-5-2

ChadSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Stoneman89

No one is getting canned at this time. If there are any firings, they will happen at the end of the year. Doing it now accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Psychoil

Tambo showing no emotion through his interviews or his off ice movement with players. Players showing no emotion on the ice.

Coinsidence?

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:30 PM
ChadSC
SportingCharts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Tambo showing no emotion through his interviews or his off ice movement with players. Players showing no emotion on the ice.

Coinsidence?
Causation?

Honestly, what impact do you think the GM has on the attitude of the players? How much interaction?

I think it's a pretty big leap to sugest that Tambo's interview technique sets the tone for the players - further, do you think adding a "highly emotional" GM like Burke is going to inject an "emotional" game into Oilers players?

Old
03-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
I'm just wondering why everyone thinks Lowe pulls the strings? When Lowe was GM, love him or hate him, he showed passion and was dealing if things weren't going right. Wiling to piss off other teams if it meant he felt he was improving his team. At least his teams showed effort. I don't think he would let this happen if he was still GM. JMO.
I actually agree, seems to me that outside of sitting in the room with the rest of management on July 1st and during the draft, Lowe spends most of his time scouting players for Team Canada and playing golf.

Lowe was never this inactive as a GM. Even when the team clearly sucked following 07, he made moves and tried to make the team better.

Edit: Since Burke's been brought up, it's sad that this team is so bad that I've actually grown to like the idea of Burke managing this team. He's great at acquiring compete level, he'd probably do wonders with a team that already has all the high-end talent they need. He'd also probably deal Yakupov and the upcoming first pick though.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
stangconv

I'd be happy with Burke. I just want Lowe gone, then by extension tambo.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
I actually agree, seems to me that outside of sitting in the room with the rest of management on July 1st and during the draft, Lowe spends most of his time scouting players for Team Canada and playing golf.

Lowe was never this inactive as a GM. Even when the team clearly sucked following 07, he made moves and tried to make the team better.

Edit: Since Burke's been brought up, it's sad that this team is so bad that I've actually grown to like the idea of Burke managing this team. He's great at acquiring compete level, he'd probably do wonders with a team that already has all the high-end talent they need. He'd also probably deal Yakupov and the upcoming first pick though.
Spot on. I'm warming up to the idea of Burke as a GM too if it means compete level and playoffs. I also don't think he would trade the pick and Yak though. They were patient with Kadri and Schenn (before dealing him for a better player). He'd deal the 2014 pick and maybe someone like MPS and Klefbom though

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
Spot on. I'm warming up to the idea of Burke as a GM too if it means compete level and playoffs. I also don't think he would trade the pick and Yak though. They were patient with Kadri and Schenn (before dealing him for a better player). He'd deal the 2014 pick and maybe someone like MPS and Klefbom though
Burke wouldn't be my first choice, but if the alternative is continuing to let Tambo and Lowe drive the franchise into the ground, I'll take Burke.

Not sure why everyone thinks he'd come in and deal all the kids. What history does he have of doing this elsewhere? I'm sure people wil bring up "Seguin for Kessel", but it was only a draft pick of unknown position, not the player himself.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
No one is getting canned at this time. If there are any firings, they will happen at the end of the year. Doing it now accomplishes absolutely nothing.
I agree that they won't fire anyone mid-season but I disagree that it wouldn't accomplish anything. Making a change now would allow the new management group to get settled in and prepare for free agency and the draft.

I don't think anyone is getting fired though. If they finish bottom 5 again I think the worst we'll see is a "reshuffling" where Tambo takes on a much lesser role (okay, that is sort of a firing) and MacT is promoted to GM. Lowe stays where he is.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
ChadSC
SportingCharts

Interesting stat I found...

Since 2005, the Oilers have won a total of 244 games out of a possible 598 games.

Dead last in the NHL - two behind the Islanders and three behind the Blue Jackets.