HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Toffoli Recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  #26
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Here we go... This is what a lot of people have been asking for, and now he gets his shot. Pretty excited to see this kid make his debut. If he can translate his goal scoring to the NHL we will be very dynamic with Kopitar, Carter, and Toffoli putting pucks in the net.

No news on Mike's condition. Don't take it as a guarantee that he is injured or will miss any games, via the Insider:

Quote:
The Kings have a roster spot open and would not have to clear room for Toffoli’s arrival. While the team suffered a scare during a heavy hit on Mike Richards in the second period last night, a Toffoli call-up could also simply be a reflection of the 20-year old’s recent play in Manchester and the natural progression associated with the former second-round pick.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:56 PM
  #27
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Well, Sutter did hint at the fact that he might play Richardson next game just for a fresh body. We will just have to wait and see.
But they wouldn't call up somebody for that, the call up would indicate somebody is going on waivers or IR.

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks Telos, didn't know they had a roster spot open.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:14 PM
  #28
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
But they wouldn't call up somebody for that, the call up would indicate somebody is going on waivers or IR.

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks Telos, didn't know they had a roster spot open.
Well, it is not like you guys are wrong to worry. Toffoli is a right winger mainly, so his call-up can also reflect a Richards injury because Carter would move back to center leaving the second line right wing slot open.

Just calling for caution until we hear a more official word on the matter

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:18 PM
  #29
goosh
@adamgushansky
 
goosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Even though the Kings have a roster spot open, I don't think they would call up Toffoli unless he was going to be in the lineup. Someone's surely banged up (probably Richards).

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  #30
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
Nervous about this call up. Not happy if Richards is out of the lineup.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
  #31
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 500
Looking forward to seeing Toffoli, but if this is due to the Jackman hit on MR, I hope to see a little more retribution on Monday....I didn't feel the Clifford/Jackman tilt (if that's what you want to call it send enough of a message.

MR is alaways the first to stand up for a teammate, and although Clifford did the same....I want to see more.

SLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:30 PM
  #32
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
I disagree with the open roster spot explanation. If it was because of that, they would have at least let Toffoli play today for Manchester. There's definitely an injury, probably Mike Richards and like everyone said, Carter will move to C and Toffoli on the RW. It doesn't make sense to call up Toffoli just because there's an open roster spot and have Manchester basically play shorthanded today without him or to call him up to sit on the bench and take Richardson's healthy scratch spot

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:30 PM
  #33
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Looking forward to seeing Toffoli, but if this is due to the Jackman hit on MR, I hope to see a little more retribution on Monday....I didn't feel the Clifford/Jackman tilt (if that's what you want to call it send enough of a message.

MR is alaways the first to stand up for a teammate, and although Clifford did the same....I want to see more.
And you'd be correct. If anything, it was Jackman who was looking to fight Clifford, not the other way around. It's probably because he didn't want to fight Nolan. I expect Nolan or even King to make Jackman pay for his actions.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:33 PM
  #34
Brad Doty
Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 17,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
And you'd be correct. If anything, it was Jackman who was looking to fight Clifford, not the other way around. It's probably because he didn't want to fight Nolan. I expect Nolan or even King to make Jackman pay for his actions.
I DID think we kind of looked like chumps last night, especially when Nolan turned down McGrattan...unless he was saying 'no, we want Jackman,' was a little disappointed with the physical response.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM
  #35
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
And you'd be correct. If anything, it was Jackman who was looking to fight Clifford, not the other way around. It's probably because he didn't want to fight Nolan. I expect Nolan or even King to make Jackman pay for his actions.
Kind of surprised that no one went after Jackman, and that clifford fight was just piss poor. You'd think in a blow out game some players would take liberties on jackman, but they didnt. It shocked me, we had a huge lead so that was our chance to get retribution but didnt. I wish Brown was more of a fighter sometimes.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  #36
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I DID think we kind of looked like chumps last night, especially when Nolan turned down McGrattan...unless he was saying 'no, we want Jackman,' was a little disappointed with the physical response.
Huh? Kings had no reason to fight Calgary, but they sure responsed physically. Kings were throwing the Flames around, dominating them in every physical aspect of the game in the 3rd. Flames were trying to take runs and Kings were shrugging them off, hitting them, pushing them around, not even allowing the Flames getting close to the puck. It was men versus boys. Who cares that the Kings had interest in fighting the Flames goon? Fighting /= physical response, fighting is by far and way the most overrated thing by fans.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  #37
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I DID think we kind of looked like chumps last night, especially when Nolan turned down McGrattan...unless he was saying 'no, we want Jackman,' was a little disappointed with the physical response.
I'm actually glad that Nolan didn't fight McGrattan. There was no need to fight him and in all likeliness probably would have lost the fight.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:38 PM
  #38
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 52,133
vCash: 500
We won't know until tomorrow. So let's all calm down a bit here.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
  #39
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Huh? Kings had no reason to fight Calgary, but they sure responsed physically. Kings were throwing the Flames around, dominating them in every physical aspect of the game in the 3rd. Flames were trying to take runs and Kings were shrugging them off, hitting them, pushing them around, not even allowing the Flames getting close to the puck. It was men versus boys. Who cares that the Kings had interest in fighting the Flames goon? Fighting /= physical response, fighting is by far and way the most overrated thing by fans.
Fighting to me makes it more personal than hitting. Long story short.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM
  #40
goosh
@adamgushansky
 
goosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Now, assuming Toffoli is in the lineup tomorrow and Richards is out (which is still up in the air), does Sutter put him with Carter? That's two finishers on one line and no playmakers. Maybe have it as such:

Brown - Kopitar - Toffoli

Penner - Carter - Williams

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM
  #41
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Kind of surprised that no one went after Jackman, and that clifford fight was just piss poor. You'd think in a blow out game some players would take liberties on jackman, but they didnt. It shocked me, we had a huge lead so that was our chance to get retribution but didnt. I wish Brown was more of a fighter sometimes.
Well, the way I saw it was that Jackman knew that kings (Nolan) would be coming after him, so, he just beat Nolan to the punch and cowardly went after an smaller guy in Clifford. I would definitely expect some sort of retribution tomorrow night, especially if Richards is out.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:43 PM
  #42
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Well, the way I saw it was that Jackman knew that kings (Nolan) would be coming after him, so, he just beat Nolan to the punch and cowardly went after an smaller guy in Clifford. I would definitely expect some sort of retribution tomorrow night, especially if Richards is out.
Lets hope so, Richards sticks up for everybody which is what i like about him, hopefully jackman would be scared to get off the bench tomorrow. You cant let a person walk away that easily.

But honestly, Now that i remember, none of the players really knew what happened. Didn't penner say he heard the refs say it was just a collision? Anyways if thats the case, with richards out, i dont doubt that jackman would have a target on him.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
  #43
KingsCorona
Registered User
 
KingsCorona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I disagree with the open roster spot explanation. If it was because of that, they would have at least let Toffoli play today for Manchester. There's definitely an injury, probably Mike Richards and like everyone said, Carter will move to C and Toffoli on the RW. It doesn't make sense to call up Toffoli just because there's an open roster spot and have Manchester basically play shorthanded today without him or to call him up to sit on the bench and take Richardson's healthy scratch spot
I dunno, calling him up to the empty spot means that he can practice with the team and they can introduce him slowly at the NHL level by switching up the healthy scratches. Frankly I don't think they're concerned about what's good for Manchester; The Kings needs are simply more important than the Monarchs. They do what's best for the Kings first and Manchester adapts to that.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:47 PM
  #44
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Well, the way I saw it was that Jackman knew that kings (Nolan) would be coming after him, so, he just beat Nolan to the punch and cowardly went after an smaller guy in Clifford. I would definitely expect some sort of retribution tomorrow night, especially if Richards is out.
Agreed. And there would have been absolutely no point in a Nolan/McGrattan fight. In fact I thought Nolan turning him down made McGrattan look like the chump.

At that point in a blowout the only thing that made sense is paying back Jackman. He's a big boy. That hit was dirty. He clearly leaned into Richards right before the impact.

SLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
  #45
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,562
vCash: 500
Calling up Toffoli to sit on the bench is just silly, I'm sorry. You don't recall your best prospect unless there was a chance he'd play due to injury or who knows, a possible trade. Like someone else mentioned, if you want to fulfill your nhl roster spot, you recall a guy like Stewart, not Toffoli.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
  #46
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
McGratton showed last night how effective pure enforcers are in today's NHL. That is, not very.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:20 PM
  #47
Reclamation Project
Registered Ruiner
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27,513
vCash: 500
I don't think Richards is injured. He wouldn't have played. So pumped to see Tyler play. Kid's a stud.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  #48
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Pedro, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I don't think Richards is injured. He wouldn't have played. So pumped to see Tyler play. Kid's a stud.
If the sole concern were a concussion, you would be correct, but their is the possibility of a shoulder injury, among other things.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
  #49
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Tyler can be sent up and down without passing waivers, maybe the Kings want to see him up close in practice.

Manchester is pretty far for Lombardi and Sutter to get a look at prospects.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
  #50
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!
 
Dawdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
I kinda think Richards has a sore shoulder and with so many games in a short period of time, I think its more of a precautionary move to maybe rest Richards and give Toffoli a look see, if Richards were to be out for a long period of time I think we would see Kozun up instead of Toffoli

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.