HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I think Weber would have been amenable to signing long term before the arbitration fiasco. I think he was likely low-balled, part of a strategy of keeping Weber\Suter\Rinne. I think Poile played a game of chicken, thinking they would certainly cave before it got to that point, and it didn't.

Don't think for a second the rest of the league didn't notice how that all shook down with the best player that's ever played on this team and the face of the franchise.
I agree. I also said Suter should have been resigned before the end of last season. And Weber should had never had to go to arbitration.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree. I also said Suter should have been resigned before the end of last season. And Weber should had never had to go to arbitration.
I was of the mind that Suter either needed to be resigned before October 1, 2011...or he should have been traded before the season even started, when his value would have been huge.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I agree with Weber, but Suter wanted out from the beginning. Nothing different could have been done with him IMO. I think Poile handled Suter fine, but royally screwed up Weber.

Never agreed with the trade Suter crowd. Still don't.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:49 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I agree with Weber, but Suter wanted out from the beginning. Nothing different could have been done with him IMO. I think Poile handled Suter fine, but royally screwed up Weber.

Never agreed with the trade Suter crowd. Still don't.
I don't care if Suter wanted out from the beginning. That is his right. How he handled it was wrong. We don't know if Poile would have dealt him or do the exact thing he did.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Byrddog

For those who have been pineing for Getzlaugh he is now signed for 8 years with the Quackers.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

If Victor Bartley can continue to play a TOI/G rate of 18 minutes a night can Nashville trade Blum and Gill for a forward? (Yes, I am looking at Edmonton and no, it's not for their top level talent)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:18 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If Victor Bartley can continue to play a TOI/G rate of 18 minutes a night can Nashville trade Blum and Gill for a forward? (Yes, I am looking at Edmonton and no, it's not for their top level talent)
i'd trade blum for paajarvi straght up

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think he's ready for 18 a night. He wasn't very good last night.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I don't think he's ready for 18 a night. He wasn't very good last night.
He's at 17:00 level, as long as he can partner with Ellis, I can live with that.

My counter proposal was Blum + Halischuk for Hemsky on the trade boards

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
He's at 17:00 level, as long as he can partner with Ellis, I can live with that.

My counter proposal was Blum + Halischuk for Hemsky on the trade boards
Hemsky isn't worth it. I will give you that his playmaking ability and puck skills are a desperate need for this team, but he is just too fragile.

03-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Rumor is Versteeg can be had out of Florida.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
AEM6729

Do you guys really think we're buyers? I think it's too early to tell; judging from how things have been going, we could very easily be sellers.

From yesterday's ESPN article:

Quote:
"We're uncharacteristically not playing what I would call Predators hockey," Poile said.

The team's 9-9-5 record that has them outside the playoff bracket in the Western Conference is indicative of where the team is at, Poile said. And it's not good enough.

The next three weeks leading up to the April 3 trade deadline will be nervous times for the Nashville organization, and Poile has told his team as much.

"We've got to do it soon," he said. "No, not soon, we've got to do it now."

The GM recently issued a challenge to his players: give him a reason to be a buyer on April 3.

"And for your sake, don't put me in a position where I'm a seller," he said in retelling the message he conveyed to his team.
Thus far they certainly haven't given him a reason to be a buyer. Maybe we should be talking about which of our guys are moveable for picks or prospects instead of what serviceable players we might be able to get.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Legionnaire11

Definitely seller.

With the waiver pickups, there will have to be a body or two moved out. I'd guess Gill and SK are prime candidates, maybe Halischuk and Blum too.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Seller, but if someone appears on the market who is in their prime years and can be a part of the team long-term, we can still jump for them. We just need to not trade for rentals.

I expect a few of Blum, Halischuk, Gill, and Gaustad to be shipped out.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I have no expectations for this deadline or for this team.

And Hemsky? Please for the love of god no. For the last 4 years I'm sick of hearing about us going for that fragile piece of glass

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:08 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Seller, but if someone appears on the market who is in their prime years and can be a part of the team long-term, we can still jump for them. We just need to not trade for rentals.

I expect a few of Blum, Halischuk, Gill, and Gaustad to be shipped out.
Yeah we'll get a lot for all of these...yeah right!!! We are 3 points from being 4th and everyone wants to unload our extras. We just need to get rid of SK for starters. Legwand and Fisher haven't done anything this year especially Fisher. Erat is doing his old tricks making boneheaded plays and circling around and making horrible passes. Our defense is fine. Gill and Hannen are ok the offense is the problem. All we need to do is add a offensive piece and we'll be ok if we can shake our offensive lineup.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:23 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Yeah we'll get a lot for all of these...yeah right!!! We are 3 points from being 4th and everyone wants to unload our extras. We just need to get rid of SK for starters. Legwand and Fisher haven't done anything this year especially Fisher. Erat is doing his old tricks making boneheaded plays and circling around and making horrible passes. Our defense is fine. Gill and Hannen are ok the offense is the problem. All we need to do is add a offensive piece and we'll be ok if we can shake our offensive lineup.
It's true that we're only 3 points from 4th, but that doesn't change the fact that we are well below .500, are last in the league in scoring and shots per game, and have shown pretty much no ability to change any of that. We might make the playoffs (that's a huge might at this point), but it's unlikely we'll get out of the first round if we do get there. Definitely not the year to trade for any rentals.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Byrddog

The Preds are sellers at this point this issue isare there any buyers for various issues.

Legwand under contract at 4.5 next year not sure any team would want that.
SK his 3.0 and age makes him attractive, his results on ice this year is a roadblock.
Fish at 4.2 for next two seasons hard to imagine a team biting.
Erat will not be moved he can still do the job but has noone to play with.
Goose hes here for the remainder of his contract better get used to it.
Hali, Blum, Spaling, Yip, would all be moved if an offer was made.
Borque is safe
Smith would be moved if there was an offer. The guy is money in a shootout but otherwise a basketcase. I don't see an offer for him and mid season next year he will be lost when the Preds attempt to send him down.
ANy defenseman not named Weber Josi, Klein, or Ellis would be moved if they get an offer.
Mason would be moved if there was an offer.

In short the team will be unable to move the players they need to shed due to salary next year or performance. The onesthat could be moved for depth will not bring much back to the team in picks or prospects.

The team will be allowed to shed a couple contracts under the new CBA this summer the question is which ones?

A total blow up looks to be in order but circumstances prevents it.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:00 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I wasn't a fan of goose until the last 2 games. Now, I am. He is a team player, period.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
roseyc

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of goose until the last 2 games. Now, I am. He is a team player, period.
I agree! He is only one who has stood up for this team in Edm game. He did something that no one else did and he hit Suter. He let everyone know that Suter is no longer a Predator and he is on the other team. Goose and Gill have their roles.They do them well.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
He is excellent in the role he plays: a physical 4th line guy who excels at faceoffs and is a great teammate.

Goose is one of the best in the league at his job. I just don't think anyone who does that is worth 3.25.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
It's true that we're only 3 points from 4th, but that doesn't change the fact that we are well below .500, are last in the league in scoring and shots per game, and have shown pretty much no ability to change any of that. We might make the playoffs (that's a huge might at this point), but it's unlikely we'll get out of the first round if we do get there. Definitely not the year to trade for any rentals.
For all our bad problems on offense we are 3 points from 4th. That is what is the reality of the year's schedule is. The current cast is not going to make a difference unless it's somewhat changed. A shakeup is needed and waiver wire pickup not included. If you look at the standing in the west you from 4th to 12th they all are 3 game winning streak away from in or out. On the same hand we are 4 game loosing streak away from a top 5 pick. Even though we are a below .500 team we've been in most of the games and could have won most of the games. The shootouts have been our biggest problems 6 shootout losses. That's 12 points right there. Now sure we aren't going to win all of those if we would have won half where would we be right now better off. But when you have a goalie like Rinne and a defenseman like Weber any goals can win you a series. Rinne is capable of winning a round by himself with a little help like some goals. So everyone wants to blow this team and play like Edmonton for awhile when I think all they need is some additions and some subtractions and this is playoff style team. Goal are at premium in the playoffs and why some team don't advance because the ice get smaller and the hits get harder. For all the problems I have with Trotz we were a stepup forward like a (legwand,sk,erat,fisher,hornqvist) to put in a big goal and we could have been in western conference finals. So we've realized that there isn't one on this team among this narly cast that can do it.They only are helpers not doers. We still lack a veteran offensive leader. Poile has been sandbagging us for awhile.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
For all our bad problems on offense we are 3 points from 4th. That is what is the reality of the year's schedule is. The current cast is not going to make a difference unless it's somewhat changed. A shakeup is needed and waiver wire pickup not included. If you look at the standing in the west you from 4th to 12th they all are 3 game winning streak away from in or out. On the same hand we are 4 game loosing streak away from a top 5 pick. Even though we are a below .500 team we've been in most of the games and could have won most of the games. The shootouts have been our biggest problems 6 shootout losses. That's 12 points right there. Now sure we aren't going to win all of those if we would have won half where would we be right now better off. But when you have a goalie like Rinne and a defenseman like Weber any goals can win you a series. Rinne is capable of winning a round by himself with a little help like some goals. So everyone wants to blow this team and play like Edmonton for awhile when I think all they need is some additions and some subtractions and this is playoff style team. Goal are at premium in the playoffs and why some team don't advance because the ice get smaller and the hits get harder. For all the problems I have with Trotz we were a stepup forward like a (legwand,sk,erat,fisher,hornqvist) to put in a big goal and we could have been in western conference finals. So we've realized that there isn't one on this team among this narly cast that can do it.They only are helpers not doers. We still lack a veteran offensive leader. Poile has been sandbagging us for awhile.
This team has 5 regulation wins. This team does not have the ability to run off a win streak. Two of the top players on the team are now out for the easiest part of the schedule. The offense does need a blow up, the defense and goaltending has kept the team in many games. The only team in the west in a situation worse than this team is the Oilers. Everyone is all horny about getting a top pick, that is not going to fix the situation or really impact it the next couple years. The offense needs a total makeover. Wilson is really the lone player that could play top six on a playoff bound team right now.

It is disgusting and unacceptable, the fanbase is fragile. Now there will be many that will point out all the shutouts, I will tell you this if this team continues to stink up the ice the fanbase will take a hit.

The situation can be turned arround we can't expect elite players to be jumping to get a chance to sign here. There going to need to find some capiable players to score enough to give Pekka and the defence a chance to win night in and night out.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Us losing the top 2 offensive players is bad, but not as bad as like Detroit losing Datsyuk.

I mean is there that big of a deference between Gabby and Hornqvist? Legwand to Spaling?

this just moves everyone up one. It sucks but our offense sucked without them, we'll have to grind out even more now.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
He is excellent in the role he plays: a physical 4th line guy who excels at faceoffs and is a great teammate.

Goose is one of the best in the league at his job. I just don't think anyone who does that is worth 3.25.
I don't write the checks so I don't worry as much about this guy or that guy being overpaid.

I just want to know if they're playing the role they're paid to play.