HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
  #101
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Sam Reinhart is very comparable to this year's top forwards and he might still be growing.
He's a great player there's no doubt about it, he might even push Ekblad to 2nd place.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
  #102
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah maybe I went hard.
Didnt really mean to say it like that I'm just tired of the overrating of this draft top3 (while it should be top 4 because Barkov should be considered too.)... I just can't wait till this one is over. Mackinnon is the superior talent in this draft just like Ekblad is in his. It's the rest that screws with me. Kinda like Grigorenko was the go-to guy last year. This kills me. ''trade up to get them''.... Factis you'll get players like Drouin in pretty much all of the draft(top 5) and more. Jones, Ekblad, Mackinon and MacDavid are the better talents here and I don't get that obsession with getting them all.
Oh, BTW Drouin last year wasnt PPG either... How do you judge that ? Why can't Ho-Sang/Reinhart be better than him in one full year?

Hey I wouldn't call 8 points more than games played barely either
Next year my early choice for the Habs is Virtanen. Plays in the WHL, probably gets picked in the middle of the 1st round, a hybrid power forward/skill guy, good size and can skate well. I think this is everything Bergevin wants in a guy.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
  #103
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Next year my early choice for the Habs is Virtanen. Plays in the WHL, probably gets picked in the middle of the 1st round, a hybrid power forward/skill guy, good size and can skate well. I think this is everything Bergevin wants in a guy.
I think he might go earlier... I like him too! Big guy with lots of skills.

But like I said I don't know if he's going to be available when we will pick.

Do you guys have any idea how Audette has been playing ? I've seen one game of him...

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:10 PM
  #104
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Gatineau getting crushed. 5-0 Foreurs. Mantha scored the 5th one. Not a good game to evaluate.

Hunter needs to start playing Horvat and Domi more.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM
  #105
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Poirier is really looking good, 2nd goal of the period makes it 6-3.

And he just had another great rush. I'd be stoked to get this guy in the 3rd. He never stopped working with a 6-0 deficit.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
  #106
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Poirier is really looking good, 2nd goal of the period makes it 6-3.
Poirrier yet again has found a way to make me want to draft him early.

Horvat is one of the best player on the ice for this team, he's everywhere.

I really can't get myself to like Mantha... I try.. But I can't. He has all the tools to be a top 10 pick but he cant put it together.
God Poirier stop being so damn good.


Last edited by Mrb1p: 03-08-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
  #107
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

I really can't get myself to like Mantha... I try.. But I can't. He has all the tools to be a top 10 pick but he cant put it together.
Me too. This is like the 5th time he's been on TV and I've been underwhelmed everytime. He'd get eaten alive in MTL by our fans and media, IMO.

Poirier is everywhere. Patrice Bergeron-esque 2nd period from him.

Poirier scores again. Holy moly!! Mantha not exactly backchecking hard on that goal either.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:02 PM
  #108
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Me too. This is like the 5th time he's been on TV and I've been underwhelmed everytime. He'd get eaten alive in MTL by our fans and media, IMO.

Poirier is everywhere. Patrice Bergeron-esque 2nd period from him.

Poirier scores again. Holy moly!! Mantha not exactly backchecking hard on that goal either.
But Mantha clearly has the tools to succeed so thats what I think the scout base theirselves on.

Yeah... Seriously that Poirier is incredible

This game is amazing. Poirier might be good for our first second rounder.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #109
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Assist for Poirier after he just exploded in the NZ. 6-5 game. They were down 6-0!!!

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #110
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,781
vCash: 500
Who's that Poirier lol! Looks like beast.

Hannibal is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
  #111
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Who's that Poirier lol! Looks like beast.
Watched him 3 times and he's been as good as that. Maybe just a bit less production though. Really like him

Freaking Hunter, why don't you put Nikita on the ice more often..
4 points period for Poirier


Last edited by Mrb1p: 03-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:22 PM
  #112
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Nice pass by Domi to put it away for London. Crafty.

Or so I thought, Sarnia tied it with 2 quick goals. Hah.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:15 PM
  #113
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's a great player there's no doubt about it, he might even push Ekblad to 2nd place.
Ekblad is impressive physically and he's pretty mature for a 16 year old, but he had a rough time when I watched him at the U-17, he was relied upon a lot though.

I don't know enough of the 2014 draft class yet to base my judgement, that being said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I think he might go earlier... I like him too! Big guy with lots of skills.

But like I said I don't know if he's going to be available when we will pick.

Do you guys have any idea how Audette has been playing ? I've seen one game of him...
I've seen him aplenty, he has struggled at the beginning of the year, battling with a nagging ankle injury and a few others, and with the difference of speed of the play, and obviously the size and strength of the players. I was honestly disappointed by his play early on, as I expected much more out of a first overall pick, but after Christmas he picked up his play.

He's a hardworking kid and is not intimidated by older players, he even fought Tommy Giroux who is a 20 year old last week. He won't shy away from the physical play and he's a pretty good skater overall. He's a pretty good play-maker, although he tries impossible plays sometimes. He needs to learn how to better handle the puck possession, not just throw it in the corner and change. But I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's 16. He is pretty good in-tight and is creative with the puck. His defensive game, while it still needs works, is fine for an offensive player. But knowing the coach personally in Sherbrooke, he will be more than fine in that department.

His production has been disappointing, but we have to keep in mind that Sherbrooke was a very bad team to start the year. He had very little support, offensively outside of Comtois and McNamee.

The huge turn off for him to me is that he's pretty small, I'd say 5'8. But he's pretty thick. He has the right attitude to eventually reach the NHL and I think he will, but I'm not quite sure what his potential really is just yet. His next year's play will give me a better idea, as he will be even more relied on.


Last edited by QuebecPride: 03-08-2013 at 10:25 PM.
QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  #114
jiboy
Patience
 
jiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: RN
Country: Canada
Posts: 874
vCash: 50
is there any change goalie Alexandre Belanger get drafted ?

think he would be a solid 5th-6th round pick

jiboy is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:29 PM
  #115
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
Gatineau wins in a shootout. Incroyable!!

I wouldn't draft Mantha since he was associated with this collapse.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:30 PM
  #116
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
is there any change goalie Alexandre Belanger get drafted ?

think he would be a solid 5th-6th round pick
Yeah, there are chances. He'll go late, but he'll be drafted IMO.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 01:37 AM
  #117
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't think Émile Poirier's name is being mentioned that much and it's pretty mind boggling to me. This guy is a serious prospect. I prefer Poirier's ability to translate than Reway who I also like though.
Been a huge fan of Poirier for a bit. I see him as a late second round pick. He has speed, good size, 2-way play, character, etc. His game tonight was something else though.

hab 4ever is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:45 PM
  #118
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Poirrier yet again has found a way to make me want to draft him early.

Horvat is one of the best player on the ice for this team, he's everywhere.

I really can't get myself to like Mantha... I try.. But I can't. He has all the tools to be a top 10 pick but he cant put it together.
God Poirier stop being so damn good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Me too. This is like the 5th time he's been on TV and I've been underwhelmed everytime. He'd get eaten alive in MTL by our fans and media, IMO.

Poirier is everywhere. Patrice Bergeron-esque 2nd period from him.

Poirier scores again. Holy moly!! Mantha not exactly backchecking hard on that goal either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But Mantha clearly has the tools to succeed so thats what I think the scout base theirselves on.

Yeah... Seriously that Poirier is incredible

This game is amazing. Poirier might be good for our first second rounder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gatineau wins in a shootout. Incroyable!!

I wouldn't draft Mantha since he was associated with this collapse.
The more games I see Mantha play the more I see Benoit Pouliot,he might be worth a 2nd round pick,but certainly will be a project.There are too many players that have a better game already and will be NHL ready within 2 yrs.IMO.

S Bah is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  #119
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,979
vCash: 500
I guess I chose the right game to praise Poirier prior to the game....

Poirier, for me, is late 1st, early 2nd. Nothing more than that. That's how great I think this kid will become.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:38 PM
  #120
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess I chose the right game to praise Poirier prior to the game....

Poirier, for me, is late 1st, early 2nd. Nothing more than that. That's how great I think this kid will become.
His stats look impressive. Where you see him as NHLer...2nd line winger?

BrimStone64 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:43 PM
  #121
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
His stats look impressive. Where you see him as NHLer...2nd line winger?
Absolutely. His play is actually more impressive than his stats. At worst, a REALLY good 2-way 3rd liner.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #122
Professeur
Rookie User
 
Professeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Absolutely. His play is actually more impressive than his stats. At worst, a REALLY good 2-way 3rd liner.
Do you place Émile Poirier in front of Marc-Olivier Roy? I heard that those two players were really similar in the way they play the game.

Wish we could pick one of those two with one of our 2nd or 3rd....

Professeur is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
  #123
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professeur View Post
Do you place Émile Poirier in front of Marc-Olivier Roy? I heard that those two players were really similar in the way they play the game.

Wish we could pick one of those two with one of our 2nd or 3rd....
yeah, I would. Poirier seems to possess qualities of an nhl in terms of intelligence and on-ice awareness. Looks like he would adapt and be able to play with the big boys, but I just don't see that natural ability with roy.

poirier needs time to grow, and has to improve in his own end but those are things he will be taught in the pro's. Roy is a a 3rd rounder (maybe ours) or slips to the 4th.


seeing we won't end up with a chance for domi, I hope Burakowsky falls to us. He is quiet right now, while lots of CHL players are making a charge. Also like De la rose game, not sure how well it would translate because I don't get to watch those 2 as much.


Last edited by Nedved: 03-10-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Nedved is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 11:59 AM
  #124
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,607
vCash: 567
If the draft were today:

CGY pick - 35th
NSH pick - 41st
DAL pick - 74th (1 spot later than their standings ranking because WPG is getting a compensation 2nd)

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
  #125
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 567
I wanted Poirier since the beginning of last thread. I really like this kid and I think it could be a steal in the mid daft

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.