What's up with Teemu?

Old
03-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Fasthnator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Etem-Holland-Selšnne

Flash would play against weaker opponents but Holland isn't still an ideal center for him.
I want to see this tried.

Fasthnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:15 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He starting slowing down big time about halfway through last season. He's always been streaky but this year he's lost another step, has no chemistry with his line mates and to be fair to Teemu, Beleskey and Bonino aren't exactly top 6 players.

He still has that uncanny ability to get open in the offensive zone it's just his line mates aren't finding him and when they do they're putting passes at his feet or Teemu himself will fumble the puck. Beleskey had Teemu with a wide open net last game and gave him one of the worst passes I've ever seen. Bonino and Teemu had a 2 on 0 and Bonino decided to try to deke the goalie instead of use the odd man advantage.
ya. he honestly needs some better linemates. put ryan back with him. belesky produced while on the first line and then you can at least roll

ryan-bonino-selanne
or
palms-ryan-selanne and put bonino back on 4C where he's excelled

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
ya. he honestly needs some better linemates. put ryan back with him. belesky produced while on the first line and then you can at least roll

ryan-bonino-selanne
or
palms-ryan-selanne and put bonino back on 4C where he's excelled
Yeah but the Ryan at centre thing wasn't working. 32% on faceoffs and he wasn't producing like he should be. Beleskey did score some goals on the first line but his production still wasn't where it should be considering who he was playing with.

I think a Palmieri - Bonino - Selanne line could be worth a shot. Obviously you give the Getzlaf and Koivu lines the heavy minutes and shelter that line a bit. Bonino is at least good enough defensively to make up for Palmieri and Teemu.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:53 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Leave the 3rd line alone. Don't touch it!
I highly doubt switching Koivu and Bonino would mess with the energy of the 3rd line. IMO, Getz and Perry should be together, Winnik and Cogliano should be together, and Koivu and Selanne should be together.

MMonarchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMonarchs View Post
I highly doubt switching Koivu and Bonino would mess with the energy of the 3rd line. IMO, Getz and Perry should be together, Winnik and Cogliano should be together, and Koivu and Selanne should be together.
Koivu has made that third line what it is. He's been a beast and his chemistry with Winnik and Cogs has been awesome.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Ryan has a few good moments at C each time he's there, but doesn't sustain. He's simply a winger and his playmaking seems better there too.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Ryan has a few good moments at C each time he's there, but doesn't sustain. He's simply a winger and his playmaking seems better there too.
That pretty much describes his game at wing too.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Koivu has made that third line what it is. He's been a beast and his chemistry with Winnik and Cogs has been awesome.
And he also has chemistry with Selanne. As it is now, the 2nd line is completely invisible. If it means we have to make the 3rd line slightly worse (which is all speculation) to actually have a 2nd line, it's a no brainer.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
That pretty much describes his game at wing too.
He's gotta play somewhere, and IMO he's better there. If he's gonna be a centre, they need to give him the offseason to work at it. He's clearly lacking in areas like faceoffs and defensive zone coverage.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
And he also has chemistry with Selanne. As it is now, the 2nd line is completely invisible. If it means we have to make the 3rd line slightly worse (which is all speculation) to actually have a 2nd line, it's a no brainer.
This year, Koivu hasn't shown much chemistry with Selanne, and it's not speculation - the 3rd line has been pretty badly degraded when Koivu is removed on multiple occasions. And you're right - when the choice is to break up one of the top 3rd lines in the league that's outperforming many teams' second lines, it's a no-brainer - you don't touch the 3rd line. It would be different if the team wasn't winning. But they are, and it's just like wanting Selanne moved back to 1st PP when the Ducks are the top rated unit in the league with him on the 2nd - the team needs outweigh the needs of Selanne.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I've said it before, but I think the chemistry between Selanne and Koivu has been vastly overrated of late. People will look at a single play(a play you see a lot) and then point and exclaim "chemistry!"

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This year, Koivu hasn't shown much chemistry with Selanne, and it's not speculation - the 3rd line has been pretty badly degraded when Koivu is removed on multiple occasions. And you're right - when the choice is to break up one of the top 3rd lines in the league that's outperforming many teams' second lines, it's a no-brainer - you don't touch the 3rd line. It would be different if the team wasn't winning. But they are, and it's just like wanting Selanne moved back to 1st PP when the Ducks are the top rated unit in the league with him on the 2nd - the team needs outweigh the needs of Selanne.
It isn't about Selanne. It's about having a 2nd line (with or without Selanne). Koivu hasn't shown much chemistry with Selanne because he hasn't played with him much at all.

The Koivu line has been an effective line all season. They showed up on the scoresheet early in the year, and also as of late. But they were pretty quiet for a large portion in between (scoring-wise). I seriously don't think changing out Koivu with Bonino would seriously affect the energy nor the scoring.

Getting Palms back is probably the best case, at least in the short term.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

That third line has been dominant at times, the second line with Koivu has not.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
That third line has been dominant at times, the second line with Koivu has not.
Okay, I guess we'll just have to live with a dominant 1st line, a dominant (at times) 3rd line, and a 2nd line that just kinda floats around for 45 seconds.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

1. He needs a center to get him the puck Selanne scores alot of goals by finding quiet areas and getting open.
2. He is playing with the worst possible linemates
3. On the 2nd PP unit, less PP mins.

he's not going to score playing with Bonino and Beleskey, it's an asinine line combination

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
He's gotta play somewhere, and IMO he's better there. If he's gonna be a centre, they need to give him the offseason to work at it. He's clearly lacking in areas like faceoffs and defensive zone coverage.
Agreed. I'm just venting a bit over his hot and cold play. Early in his career I thought he would overcome that. But year after year it's becoming obvious he won't. Very frustrating.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Okay, I guess we'll just have to live with a dominant 1st line, a dominant (at times) 3rd line, and a 2nd line that just kinda floats around for 45 seconds.
As opposed to, a dominant 1st line, a not good 2nd line, and a not good 3rd line? Ya, I take your option every time.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
As opposed to, a dominant 1st line, a not good 2nd line, and a not good 3rd line? Ya, I take your option every time.
That's purely speculation. If it turned out to be true, switching the lines back would be easy.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
That's purely speculation. If it turned out to be true, switching the lines back would be easy.
I really don't get the speculation claim. It's not like Boudreau hasn't tried it yet. He has. I don't think it's ever had a positive influence.

And no, I don't buy that this is because they haven't played together much this season. They have years of experience playing with each other.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I'm not sure an off-season would do much. You spend the off-season to train your body, and you usually don't even get back on the ice for a few months. When you do, it's mostly drill work. What he needs is game experience.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
That third line is essentially our second line right now. I agree that getting Palmieri back is the best case scenario at finding Teemu a decent linemate in the short term.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
NEWFowler
hi

When I watch Teemu this year I find him bobbling the puck more often. Missing on plays that he normally wouldn't have, turnovers in the neutral zone.. etc. He reminds me of what Perry was like in the first 5 or 6 games.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
When I watch Teemu this year I find him bobbling the puck more often. Missing on plays that he normally wouldn't have, turnovers in the neutral zone.. etc. He reminds me of what Perry was like in the first 5 or 6 games.
He's still offside as often as he's always been, though

Old
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
caliamad

If bb doesn't change teamu line mates I'm going to start a free teamu campaign. I like the holland/etem idea. Put him with some raw talent and reevaluate once kp is healthy.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
He's handling the puck more than he should, that hasn't been his game for years. his game has been quick passes, or play off the puck, and using his speed to get open, unfortunately he plays with slow linemates all the time. i sure wish STL would trade us Andy Mac

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote