HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Rangerboy030

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Dubinsky is available, according to Garrioch.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/09/...-ready-to-sell

Too much money, unless Columbus ate half the salary/cap hit.

Oh man, could you imagine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
3rd line of Dubi-JT-Cally?

One can dream, right?

Old
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I don't buy that from Garrioch, who frequently throws **** at the walls to see what sticks. From those following the team, Dubi was being considered for the "C" by the CBJ's and, by most accounts, was making a difference for that team where's he's certainly a top 6 guy because of what they have up front. I don't see them shopping him now that he's injured.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
dethomas07

Dubi on the block?

I know we just traded him, but rumor has it dubi may be on the trading block.. Would you guys consider him back? and what do you think it would take to get him and what would you give to get him?

link: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Glen-...5#.UTzP7I7FUy4

Old
03-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Dangleberry

How will we absorb that cap hit unless we deal Gaborik or buyout Richards?

Old
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari

vCash: 50
Garrioch is full of crap. Why would Columbus deal one of their top candidates for the captaincy?

Old
03-10-2013, 01:40 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Garrioch is full of crap. Why would Columbus deal one of their top candidates for the captaincy?
This. He's gotten pretty glowing reviews from most people that cover the team and from his coaches.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:45 PM
dethomas07

i dont get it either but if available i would try and get him.. next year cap would be tight but with gabs coming off and a lot of contracts due and restructuring i think we could fit him well.. I have no idea what columbus would want but..

Hags-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Step-Callahan
Dubi-Miller-Thomas/Fasth/Palmieri
Mash/Haley-Boyle-Powe

idk i would look into it..

Old
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Please use the search function or, look several threads down.

03-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
How will we absorb that cap hit unless we deal Gaborik or buyout Richards?
Deal Gaborik for some younger, cheaper pieces that make us faster, better. Trade something to CBJ, have extra cap room, potentially CBJ retains some of Dubi's capspace

Old
03-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I like how we get so mad at our players not being able to finish, and now we want Dubinsky back.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I like how we get so mad at our players not being able to finish, and now we want Dubinsky back.
I don't think we wanted him out because he couldn't score. It was the larger salary he made and his role in the lines that kind of hurt us, well...In my case anyway

Old
03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
maybe most but not all fans.. I like his size and skill set.. I think he skates hard, can carry the puck and has the finishing touch.. He solidifies the top 9 and is versatile by playing wing and center.. Him playing with Miller would be a great combo..

plus if nash wasn't available he would still be here, but when a proven talent is available like him you have to trade good young talent as well as if hes being paid to score and isn't he becomes a cap casualty...

Old
03-10-2013, 03:05 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Totally realistic. You hit the nail on the head. Please become the Rangers next GM. ...

Apparently I've woken up in a parallel universe.

Should I stay or should I go?

Quote:
There's a thought process? Interesting. . . . .
I thought someone might say that

Old
03-10-2013, 03:27 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
MCD, MDZ, Hagelin, Miller etc all made it under Torts. Is Kreider mentally weak and need to be special treated to make it or what? Isn't there a slight possibility that it might be Kreider that just isn't ready yet and need to prove himself, just like everyone else? He was given the chance and didn't take it. Next time he better be prepared.
Not fair/correct analogies.

MDZ here good 1st yr, had to go down and return

Hags/Miller great experience + more AHL time already.

You may recall I almost singlehandedly called Miller being ready.
Obviously I was right.
Kreider is more physically gifted, but needs more development to manage those gifts.
He has not had development opportunity yet.

Kreider = NO AHL experience last year, played Boston College, uneven playoffs only still did great.

Has had minimum AHL development time.
Problem is not he suddenly is devoid of ability, but that Torts is all over his ass too much too soon. It is a needless distraction creating an unnecessary setback.
Kreider could be here, now, contributing and screwing up, making progress, if he was not unfairly worried Torts was not going to make an example of him, hold him to the same standard as the rest of the club, which is EVENTUALLY fair, but not immediately fair now when all else have all had adequate professional experience pre-NHL.

Miller proved me right.
So will Kreider, in reasonably due good time.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post

plus if nash wasn't available he would still be here.
I'm not so sure about that.

03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm not so sure about that.
he would've been given another year to prove himself, if not he wouldve been traded for sure.. thank god that trade happened.. sather would've gave a ridiculous contract to doan prob..

but i hope sather can look into it.. iam down to trade later round picks, and prospects to get dubi back.. hes the perfect depth player and could be a contributor in the right circumstances..

Old
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
he would've been given another year to prove himself, if not he wouldve been traded for sure.. thank god that trade happened.. sather would've gave a ridiculous contract to doan prob..

but i hope sather can look into it.. iam down to trade later round picks, and prospects to get dubi back.. hes the perfect depth player and could be a contributor in the right circumstances..
He makes too much to be a depth player.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not fair/correct analogies.

MDZ here good 1st yr, had to go down and return

Hags/Miller great experience + more AHL time already.

You may recall I almost singlehandedly called Miller being ready.
Obviously I was right.
Kreider is more physically gifted, but needs more development to manage those gifts.
He has not had development opportunity yet.

Kreider = NO AHL experience last year, played Boston College, uneven playoffs only still did great.

Has had minimum AHL development time.
Problem is not he suddenly is devoid of ability, but that Torts is all over his ass too much too soon. It is a needless distraction creating an unnecessary setback.
Kreider could be here, now, contributing and screwing up, making progress, if he was not unfairly worried Torts was not going to make an example of him, hold him to the same standard as the rest of the club, which is EVENTUALLY fair, but not immediately fair now when all else have all had adequate professional experience pre-NHL.

Miller proved me right.
So will Kreider, in reasonably due good time.
Kreider has had as many games in the AHL as Miller (actually a little more) and almost twice as many as Hagelin. He had almost as much NCAA time as Hagelin and way more time to develop than Miller.

The difference between Miller/Hagelin and Kreider is that while the former made mistakes, they also contributed in other ways. Kreider was often a defensive liability, not playing his game (trying to stickhandle way too much rather than keeping it simple), but most importantly, he did not really contribute to the team enough to counterbalance his mistakes.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:23 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
He makes too much to be a depth player.
so is leading this team in points in 10-11 with 54 is a fluke? the guys can play, i would take him back in a second, the guy can play in any situation and can def be a contributor.. he had an off year, was very in consistent but isn't much different then callahan.. callahan has the work ethic, which sets them apart..

Old
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
so is leading this team in points in 10-11 with 54 is a fluke? the guys can play, i would take him back in a second, the guy can play in any situation and can def be a contributor.. he had an off year, was very in consistent but isn't much different then callahan.. callahan has the work ethic, which sets them apart..
Yes. Someone here broke down his stats that year. Most of his goals came in the first half of the season. He contributed dick in the second half, when it counts.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
When you lead the team with 54 points it says an awful lot about the team. But yes, that was obviously a fluke.

Ryan Callahan managed to evolve and improve as a player. Dubinsky has never been able to do that.

But the fact remains, this team can't afford to have 4.2M cap hit for an inconsistent 3rd liner.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
When you lead the team with 54 points it says an awful lot about the team. But yes, that was obviously a fluke.

Ryan Callahan managed to evolve and improve as a player. Dubinsky has never been able to do that.

But the fact remains, this team can't afford to have 4.2M cap hit for an inconsistent 3rd liner.
Would you want him back if CBJ retained half his cap hit? I think I would.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Imagine if we can trade Gaborik straight up for Ovechkin... Wow! I think Ovi would really get a boost when he is moved to another team. He definitely needs a change of scenery.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Would you want him back if CBJ retained half his cap hit? I think I would.
without say!! i think they would retain some.. even at 3m-3.5..it would be worth it imo..i just hate when fans look at stats as everything.. theres soooooo much more to the game then points.. look at boston they usually dont have guys that put up more then 65+ points, when they won the cup they had multiple guys with 50-60pts.. so its not everything.. id take dubi even at his cap hit 10 out of 10 times.. he may not score but he can play in every situation, takes the body, stands up for teammates and can play on any line and maintain possession of the puck.. the little things mean more..

Old
03-10-2013, 04:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
without say!! i think they would retain some.. even at 3m-3.5..it would be worth it imo..i just hate when fans look at stats as everything.. theres soooooo much more to the game then points.. look at boston they usually dont have guys that put up more then 65+ points, when they won the cup they had multiple guys with 50-60pts.. so its not everything.. id take dubi even at his cap hit 10 out of 10 times.. he may not score but he can play in every situation, takes the body, stands up for teammates and can play on any line and maintain possession of the puck.. the little things mean more..
I don't pay big for little things.

Ask yourself this: if we were talking about a player like Dubinsky but wasn't named Dubinsky would anyone even entertain the idea of getting him? With a 4.2M cap hit. And with years left on his contract?

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 03-10-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread