HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Snippit

vCash: 500
Clinched Hamilton Spectator for 6th time in 11 years

With 5 games left to go, I hope the intensity doesn't drive down with nothing to play for. How about the first 50 win season since 2007? (49 wins last year, in 2009 and 10...)

Patterson will likely see at least 3-4 starts. He played great today, but Stolarz still has to be the #1. Makes me wonder what would happen if we met the Attack in the playoffs. Stolarz or Patterson?

I don't think we should fear Plymouth like everyone always seems to do at this time of the season. Plymouth could definitely be the biggest challenge for us in the West, but I still take our team over theirs in a 7-gamer.

Oh, and I'd like to see a win against the Sting. There's still an outside shot that we can meet them in the playoffs, and it's time to get over this mental block. 4-2 Knights, with an empty netter in a snoozefest on national television.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
sbrug

The last 3 games I would expect a lot of ice for Pawley, Jammes, Elie, Platzer, Leroux, Liberati, etc.

How about Elie, I'm telling ya this guy will be a contributor going forward and especially next season. I think he'll be a more skilled Anderson with a left shot.

What's up with Liberati on wing and Ferry on D? Not that Liberati is bad upfront, Ferry is just putrid on D.

Matchups aren't set yet but the odds are London/Saginaw, Plymouth/Sarnia, OS/Soo, Kitchener/Guelph.

Barring any upsets (which can happen but chances are they won't), I'm predicting a London/Plymouth West Final. To me the middle 4 teams are almost interchangeable and any of them could get to round 2. Should be a pretty entertaining playoff.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
SimonKnightsman

5-6-7 will be mad scramble and honestly 4-5 might be in play.

None of the first rnders want to face Soo you can bet on that. The travel is hell and going up to Soo down a game or tied would not be great feeling.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
5-6-7 will be mad scramble and honestly 4-5 might be in play.

None of the first rnders want to face Soo you can bet on that. The travel is hell and going up to Soo down a game or tied would not be great feeling.
At least the playoff format is changed to 2-2-1-1-1. Going back and forth to the Soo every other game would be brutal

Old
03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
mikester

r you sure that they changed the format?

Old
03-09-2013, 11:29 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
r you sure that they changed the format?
The OHL said so in September. I think they have it on the website in the news archives.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Dress the farm today.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Dress the farm today.
What farm lol? The only new guy who could draw in is Owen MacDonald I think. Not including the others who will be in like Pawley and Jammes as they've been here all season.

I just hope the refs don't hand the game to the Knights again like they've been doing against the ****fires for the last 2 years.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:07 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
What farm lol? The only new guy who could draw in is Owen MacDonald I think. Not including the others who will be in like Pawley and Jammes as they've been here all season.

I just hope the refs don't hand the game to the Knights again like they've been doing against the ****fires for the last 2 years.
They can dress pretty much any player they want that they have the rights to this time of year. I'd scratch my entire team if I could in a game like this. Call up Maton..Leroux...Centorame...DiLorenzo...anyone I could. I'd be scratching at least 6-10 players...as i type this Domi get's run on the 1st shift he takes. See my point? Hunter will regret not sitting these kids..mark my words.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
nelli27

Quote:
They can dress pretty much any player they want that they have the rights to this time of year. I'd scratch my entire team if I could in a game like this. Call up Maton..Leroux...Centorame...DiLorenzo...anyone I could. I'd be scratching at least 6-10 players...as i type this Domi get's run on the 1st shift he takes. See my point? Hunter will regret not sitting these kids..mark my words.
Yes, couldn't Hunter just sign 18 squeegie kids from Windsor to a one-game contract and have them suit up for the Knights? Then Clark could throw them to the ice and land some punches when they're down!

Koko quoted as saying: "No playoffs this year...good, me go back to Russia fast. Me do good job getting Rychel points for draft year. I want thank you card from Mr. Rychel".

Old
03-10-2013, 02:55 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Yes, couldn't Hunter just sign 18 squeegie kids from Windsor to a one-game contract and have them suit up for the Knights? Then Clark could throw them to the ice and land some punches when they're down!

Koko quoted as saying: "No playoffs this year...good, me go back to Russia fast. Me do good job getting Rychel points for draft year. I want thank you card from Mr. Rychel".
It's not just today...sit these kids against any non-playoff team. Don't let anyone gain press on you trying to make a name for themselves.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
nelli27

Quote:
It's not just today...sit these kids against any non-playoff team. Don't let anyone gain press on you trying to make a name for themselves.
You are quite right...I stand corrected. Hunter did not approach Windsor squeegie kids. He went to 'Windsor Tourism' in the hope of finding some fill-ins to finish out the season, but it was empty (as it is all-year round)!

Start the playoffs already...

Old
03-10-2013, 03:49 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

This game is turning into the Gong Show I predicted it would.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I see they let up 5 goals. Is Stolarz playing bad or is the team giving him no help?

Old
03-10-2013, 04:01 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Both teams are guilty, though I understand why Hunter wants to dress his regulars to get hem ready for the playoffs. Phlyer, how do we know those players are even available to play tho? Do they not have to play for their regular teams until hey are eliminated?

London's had a few gaffes in their own end, yet I keep wondering if Patterson will re-claim the #1 job? Plymouth should be concerned riding a 16 year old goalie into the playoffs, just as London should be worried that neither Stolarz or Patterson have stepped up. I could see this season finishing like 2004 did when Hunter flipped flopped between Coleman and MacDonald.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I see they let up 5 goals. Is Stolarz playing bad or is the team giving him no help?
Both. His rebounds are bad sometimes. He needs another year in London.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Both. His rebounds are bad sometimes. He needs another year in London.
Yeah I figured that.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits hammer Knights and Hunter the Knob gong show 8-1,Paxton Ledouche loses 2 bouts
keep trying Paxton,Mermis takes a beating from Clark after challenging ,gotta know who are
fighting,Hughes with a dangerous hit from behind on Rychel,did not a Swiss player get crippled because of hits like these inexcusable,Domi was more sizzle then steak today,off day for London goalies today hope it continues
Some London fans complain or mention Boughner"s gong show,take a look in the mirror
London fans,Hunters are no different,the proof was today

Old
03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
mikester

London gambled on unproven tenders and might pay for it in the playoffs

Old
03-10-2013, 08:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Reasonable thoughts when u consider neiither goaltender has played a playoff
game when things are amped up

Old
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
OHLTG

This is nothing more than an observation, but I have to say that Leroux looked possessed today before his fight with Bowen. I'm going to post pictures on the Spitfires' Facebook page shortly here (by 10pm EST). Take a look at Leroux; the guy looks like he's ready to snap.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Reasonable thoughts when u consider neiither goaltender has played a playoff
game when things are amped up
Neither have Plymouth's. God forbid Windsor makes the playoffs next year, you can say the same about theirs. Never won a playoff game
A meaningless game for both teams. Congrats Windsor, keep winning and wreck your draft position even more! Catch Missy and improve London's too!
Time to start working that golf game

Old
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Today's game was entirely meaningless, and the Knights' play indicated as much. London can turn it on or off at will...that's no boast, just the truth. Hunter is at his best preparing this team for the playoffs, they'll be ready--they're just anxious to get things going.
As for goaltending, Stolarz is more than capable.
I have to give credit to Pavelka--he had an incredible game between the pipes.
Just to give one example of London's uninspired play...the Knights had a 4 on 1 with Domi leading the rush...He enters the zone and puts on the brakes, and it amounted to nothing. I'll tell you something---that's not how he would play it if it were a playoff game. But if it were a playoff game, it wouldn't be against Windsor.

Congrats to Ho Sang and Aleardi--they are each on pace to break David Clarkson's OHL record for the fewest passes in one season. "Why pass when you can carry the puck until you lose it, right?"

Old
03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Neither have Plymouth's. God forbid Windsor makes the playoffs next year, you can say the same about theirs. Never won a playoff game
A meaningless game for both teams. Congrats Windsor, keep winning and wreck your draft position even more! Catch Missy and improve London's too!
Time to start working that golf game
Cant hear u ganggreen my 2 mem cup rings are pressed up against my ears,u can only press 1 ring so u an hear everything ha ha

Old
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Today's game was entirely meaningless, and the Knights' play indicated as much. London can turn it on or off at will...that's no boast, just the truth. Hunter is at his best preparing this team for the playoffs, they'll be ready--they're just anxious to get things going.
As for goaltending, Stolarz is more than capable.
I have to give credit to Pavelka--he had an incredible game between the pipes.
Just to give one example of London's uninspired play...the Knights had a 4 on 1 with Domi leading the rush...He enters the zone and puts on the brakes, and it amounted to nothing. I'll tell you something---that's not how he would play it if it were a playoff game. But if it were a playoff game, it wouldn't be against Windsor.

Congrats to Ho Sang and Aleardi--they are each on pace to break David Clarkson's OHL record for the fewest passes in one season. "Why pass when you can carry the puck until you lose it, right?"
No team can turn it off and on as it pleases,including the Knights,but I do hope
the Knights have your attitude though

Closed Thread