HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pominville?

Old
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Callahan for Pominville.

deal

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:50 PM
liquid swords
bring the ruckus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
I think this is a pretty fair deal. I have seen the same proposal (or very similar) with Maata in instead of Niskanen. Really I think ether is fair. I would do this trade. May ask for a 4th or 5th added in on Buffalos side, but thats only because I am high on Kuhnhackl to eventually make it to the NHL... But thats neither here nor there and in the grand scheme of things a very minor loss.

If it were me sitting in the big chair, I would have to take a long look at this from Pittsburgh end, and would most likely pull the trigger on it.

Our line up would essentially look as such running into the home stretch/playoffs...

Kunitz - Crosby - Pominville
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Jeffrey

Depres - Letang
Martin - Orpik
Eaton/Regehr - Engo/Bort

Id like that moving into the post season... A lot... Still a question or two on D... But that top 9 just looks scary if Bennett can keep up his pace of adjusting to NHL play and excelling. And if Dupuis can mesh with Sutter. Those are the only two if's with those forward 3 lines.

LOL you may ask for a 4th or 5th from buffalo's side? sorry but buffalo doesn't touch this deal with a 10 foot pole. pittsburgh and buffalo don't make good trading partners for a variety of reasons. but this trade is brutal. kennedy and niskanen are more of the same for buffalo and pominville, if shopped, would bring back more than 2 mid level NHLers, a prospect, and a late first. a lot more. don't forget he is signed through next season as well...

liquid swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:07 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
1st round pick (all be it a late one, but in a forward heavy draft) and a legit top 4 two way dman with offensive upside and a very underrated shot are just pieces? I could understand saying that about TK and Kuhn, but TK is a solid 3rd liner that needs a change of scenery, and Kuhn looks to be a high energy 3rd liner, possibly 2nd/3rd line tweener with an offensive upside potential.
Niskanen has no value to Buffalo and is very much "just a piece." He's riding Letang's coattails and I'd wager he'd regress seriously with any additional defensive responsibilities and with worse players around him. I like Kennedy, but he's likely not ever getting better than a very good third line grinder. Buffalo needs that, but not at the cost of our best trade chip and Captain. Then, we're in mediocre prospect + late first territory, which is just filler, and Buffalo is giving up Regehr which further skews value towards Pittsburgh.

Seriously, if you're asking for that much from Buffalo, trim the fat and start with Sutter. The Pens aren't going to do that, so round and round we go.

Also, Callahan? Seriously? I don't even.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:28 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
how about:

To

1st round pick 2013
Matt Niskanen
Tyler Kennedy
Tom Kuhnhackl

To

Jason Pominville
Robyn Regehr
That's bad. Really bad for us.

We don't want no Tom Kuhnhackl - Joe Morrow would be ideal.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:35 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Callahan for Pominville.
I would really consider this. We'd need to look at free agency for a more offensive winger so we can have cally on the 2nd line

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I would really consider this. We'd need to look at free agency for a more offensive winger so we can have cally on the 2nd line
I think that's when we trade Stafford for picks/futures to clear some cap space and throw huge bucks at Perry (if Anaheim doesn't re-sign him).
We'd end up with a much improved top 6 if we could pull off that series of moves. I don't know what we get better just swapping Callahan for Pominville. We get more physical, but the defensive difference seems negligible to me, and I think Pominville is definitely more skilled offensively.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I'd do it with assurance we could resign him.... but risk of him leaving without that assurance is too high to part with Poms without getting anything in return for the future.
Put in the trade a conditional 1st rounder or 2 if he doesn't re-sign with Buff.

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:33 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
That's bad. Really bad for us.

We don't want no Tom Kuhnhackl - Joe Morrow would be ideal.
Morrow is our untouchable prospect. Him along with Harrington Id say are the two untouchables in our prospect pool. Morrow will replace whats been missing here since Gonchar left, and Harrington will replace Orpik. Everyone else in the prospect pool is completely fair game.

SterlingBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
But don't forget schneider would dominate the weak east while pominville struggles to put up 20 points in the west
Yeah the West is so much superior to the East

As for these proposals saying your top 30-40 league wide prospect is "untouchable" for Pominville , that's just ridiculous. Joe Morrow is not worth anything near Pominville.

Since the lockout Pominville is 9th in goals and 7th in points for a RW. So the 7th highest scoring RW with great two way play and great PK ability is not going to be dealt for your teams late 1st, 3rd best prospect and a 3rd liner. It's going to be more like high first + top prospect.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I think that's when we trade Stafford for picks/futures to clear some cap space and throw huge bucks at Perry (if Anaheim doesn't re-sign him).
We'd end up with a much improved top 6 if we could pull off that series of moves. I don't know what we get better just swapping Callahan for Pominville. We get more physical, but the defensive difference seems negligible to me, and I think Pominville is definitely more skilled offensively.
moving Pominville for Callahan is like a Roy for Ott type trade, give up alot of offensive talent for intangibles, not interested in that.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
moving Pominville for Callahan is like a Roy for Ott type trade, give up alot of offensive talent for intangibles, not interested in that.
I think they should trade pommer, staff, regher,leo,etc. for mostly picks and prospects if possible and use money saved for perry, etc.

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Yeah the West is so much superior to the East

As for these proposals saying your top 30-40 league wide prospect is "untouchable" for Pominville , that's just ridiculous. Joe Morrow is not worth anything near Pominville.

Since the lockout Pominville is 9th in goals and 7th in points for a RW. So the 7th highest scoring RW with great two way play and great PK ability is not going to be dealt for your teams late 1st, 3rd best prospect and a 3rd liner. It's going to be more like high first + top prospect.
TBF he did not imply that Morrow was worth anywhere near or even more than Pominville, he said he considered him untouchable for anyone in any trade, because he is earmarked for a very specific role with the Pittburgh Penguins.

Also, who do you consider the Pens 3rd best prospect and why is where he ranks within the organisation so important to you? I am sure you can think of a couple teams who have a 3rd best prospect, who does it for you, and then of a few, whose best prospect isn't good enough.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:15 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Morrow is our untouchable prospect. Him along with Harrington Id say are the two untouchables in our prospect pool. Morrow will replace whats been missing here since Gonchar left, and Harrington will replace Orpik. Everyone else in the prospect pool is completely fair game.
Morrow is more untouchable than Pouliot?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Morrow is more untouchable than Pouliot?
Ignoring draft position, and looking at what each prospect brings the to table while also looking at the tools they'd bring to the NHL team if they each make it yes. Pouliot, in the eyes of the organization will be the better overall well rounded defenseman. But Morrow is something we have lacked since the exit of Gonchar, his hopeful ability to be a true PPQB. Something that is coveted by teams that hold one in their roster. So in tools in their tool box thatll hopefully reach the NHL level, in Pittsburgh Morrow is our #1 D Prospect, with Pouliot behind him, and Harrington I'd say #3. But I listed Harrigton as a untouchable prospect also because once Orpik exits (which he very well may this trade deadline or the next) then in our organization he is the only one with the tools to replace him as a stay at home hit first physical dman. We have Pouliots tools in a all rounded dman in Letang... Now if Letang leaves via UFA or is traded next year... Then this all changes. But under the assumption we will resign Letang to be our #1 for the foreseeable future, Pouliot and Maata (more likely than Pouliot IMO) most likely our best trade chips from the prospect pool in terms of expendable/grow able asset management.

Old
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Niskanen has no value to Buffalo and is very much "just a piece." He's riding Letang's coattails and I'd wager he'd regress seriously with any additional defensive responsibilities and with worse players around him. I like Kennedy, but he's likely not ever getting better than a very good third line grinder. Buffalo needs that, but not at the cost of our best trade chip and Captain. Then, we're in mediocre prospect + late first territory, which is just filler, and Buffalo is giving up Regehr which further skews value towards Pittsburgh.

Seriously, if you're asking for that much from Buffalo, trim the fat and start with Sutter. The Pens aren't going to do that, so round and round we go.

Also, Callahan? Seriously? I don't even.
What about then...

To

1st
Niskanen
Maata
Kennedy
Kuhnhackl

To

Pominville
Regehr
3rd

That seem better?

Old
03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
What about then...

To

1st
Niskanen
Maata
Kennedy
Kuhnhackl

To

Pominville
Regehr
3rd

That seem better?
Take out Niskanen, Regehr and the 3rd and Sabres may consider.

As mentioned before, Niskanen is most likely riding Letang's coattails and is "more of the same" for our defense. Kuhnhackl does not interest us; we have plenty of tweener prospects in the pipe. A late 1st and Kennedy are OK pieces; Maata is what makes the difference.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:22 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post

As mentioned before, Niskanen is most likely riding Letang's coattails and is "more of the same" for our defense. Kuhnhackl does not interest us; we have plenty of tweener prospects in the pipe. A late 1st and Kennedy are OK pieces; Maata is what makes the difference.
Alright. Im down for that, addition by subtraction.

Itd do that...

1st
Maata
Kennedy

For

Pominville

Lets get ahold of our respective franchises!

Old
03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:

I actually like that better for the Penguins anyway.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
you wouldn't trade pominville for callahand???
you must be joking

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:

I don't think Niskanen plays that great with Letang but they do play together this season. I thought he played better with lesser D-Men like Engelland last year. He's not really a high end D though. He's more of a #4 or #5 that provides depth scoring to the D group. He reminds me a lot of one of your players Jordan Leopold and so he really isn't a need for you.

I agree with your post though.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Seriously? Have you ever seen him play? Also, the Rangers wouldn't do that trade in a million, billion, gazillion years. Don't kid yourself.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:29 PM
McTank

Quote:
Alright. Im down for that, addition by subtraction.

Itd do that...

1st
Maata
Kennedy

For

Pominville

Lets get ahold of our respective franchises!
We want nothing to do with this

Last edited by McTank: 03-10-2013 at 11:35 PM.
McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
So what do Sabres fans feel is fair value for Pominville? Like 3 1sts? A Couturier/Huberdeau level prospect++?

Pominville is a team that any team would love to have, but I don't see why he would get any different than the usual roster player + prospect + 1st.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
masterson*

I thought he was untouchable. I remember a bunch of Buffalo people saying they wouldnt trade him for Evander Kane maybe 2 weeks ago

masterson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
SoFFacet

Its going to be really tricky to get a fair deal for Pominville. Buffalo is valuing him as a top-10 RW. The only teams interested will be contenders, so we estimate that pick to be in the 20-30 range, decent but not all that appealing. Decent pick + Decent Prospect + Salary Dump is not enough, so Buffalo should hold out for something like Decent pick + "Untouchable" Prospect + Salary Dump.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote