HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Greg Pateryn re-assigned to Hamilton (March 13)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 03:55 PM
  #251
Athlétique_Canadien
Registered User
 
Athlétique_Canadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
One game in which he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did not hurt the team and people are already writing him off...wow.
I guess some people measure success at the elite level. If you don't look like a "Subban" during your introductory game, you must suck

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:18 PM
  #252
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Flattery will get you nowhere.
Winner!

Looked a bit shakey at first but seemed to get the job done

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  #253
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
One game in which he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did not hurt the team and people are already writing him off...wow.
Called being a Habs fan unfortunately

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:36 PM
  #254
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
This guy played like a "Nobody''.
Tsk tsk shame on you.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
  #255
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
One game in which he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did not hurt the team and people are already writing him off...wow.
I wouldn't say writing him off, but he has no special skills or attributes. He's just an all around average player. In a year he'll be surpassed by Beaulieu, who is an excellent puck mover and skater; Tinordi, who is a monster; and Ellis, who has a similar all around game, but is simply better. Dietz could probably be thrown in there too.

Hopefully this kid can find a niche in the NHL, I just don't think it will be with the Habs.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:03 PM
  #256
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Playing another solid game. May not be spectacular but he has what we lack- a big body who stays at home.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
  #257
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I wouldn't say writing him off, but he has no special skills or attributes. He's just an all around average player. In a year he'll be surpassed by Beaulieu, who is an excellent puck mover and skater; Tinordi, who is a monster; and Ellis, who has a similar all around game, but is simply better. Dietz could probably be thrown in there too.

Hopefully this kid can find a niche in the NHL, I just don't think it will be with the Habs.
That is what people used to say about Gorges.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
  #258
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
That is what people used to say about Gorges.
The thing with Gorges is he was a fantastic defenceman in the WHL. He had potential from the beginning. Pateryn was kind of status quo in College too.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
  #259
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Pateryn had a fine game today as no one expects him to be the next flashy D a la Subban!

CN_paladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
  #260
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 13,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
It is to be expected, the shooting lanes disppear quicker in the NHL than in the A. I remember one shift where he took a shot that seemed precise but it went right on the shinpads of the forward in front of him, Later in the same shift he had another shot but then realized that it was gonna get blocked so he shot it wide in the corner.

Eventually the game will slow down for him. At least he showed on the same shift that he learns from his mistakes.
True true

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
  #261
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The thing with Gorges is he was a fantastic defenceman in the WHL. He had potential from the beginning. Pateryn was kind of status quo in College too.
You mean the undrafted Gorges with potential...

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:02 PM
  #262
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton
 
SmurfsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
That is what people used to say about Gorges.
That's exactly what I thought of him, he has limited skillset but if he can become a good blue collar like Gorges he'll be good for the NHL. He plays a simple yet effective game, gets the puck in corners and passed it to Bouillon his PMD. This year the Habs D is dominant because of the Good first pass and PMD on each pairing. I liked what I saw from Pateryn but lets see if he can keep it up.

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
  #263
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The thing with Gorges is he was a fantastic defenceman in the WHL. He had potential from the beginning. Pateryn was kind of status quo in College too.
"Fantastic" defenseman don't go undrafted

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
  #264
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
I like what I have seen from Pateryn. If he can keep progressing he will be a solid asset either here or by trade. Has a good head for the game and passes the puck well, has the size to handle big players down low. Won't be a flashy player but like Gorges, will be a guy who can kill penalities and you can count on for 18-20 steady minutes.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
  #265
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
That's exactly what I thought of him, he has limited skillset but if he can become a good blue collar like Gorges he'll be good for the NHL. He plays a simple yet effective game, gets the puck in corners and passed it to Bouillon his PMD. This year the Habs D is dominant because of the Good first pass and PMD on each pairing. I liked what I saw from Pateryn but lets see if he can keep it up.
don't know much about Pateryn, but the thing about Gorges is that he has an insane work ethic.

Right around the time of the trade, I was working with a trainer who was with the Sharks while Gorges was there... spoke incredibly highly of him & his approach to training... called him the hardest working athlete he had seen in their organization.

That's what pushes fringe NHLers to the everyday quality-type player that Gorges has become.

Pateryn may be similar to Gorges in how he plays the game, but wether or not he ever becomes as effective and dependable as Gorges is will come down to how hard the kid works & how hard he's willing to push himself.

TIme will tell...


one thing is for sure, his odds of making the habs are insanely higher under MT's watch then they would have been under JM!

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:28 PM
  #266
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I remember when Greg showed for his first Habs camp everybody was amazed by his skating, how it has become a weakness i don't know.
I actually saw him at his first camp, and admittedly I said he was moving well for a big guy. But I came away far more impressed by Tinordi in that department. Moving well against kids and Pros are two very different things.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:31 PM
  #267
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
don't know much about Pateryn, but the thing about Gorges is that he has an insane work ethic.

Right around the time of the trade, I was working with a trainer who was with the Sharks while Gorges was there... spoke incredibly highly of him & his approach to training... called him the hardest working athlete he had seen in their organization.

That's what pushes fringe NHLers to the everyday quality-type player that Gorges has become.

Pateryn may be similar to Gorges in how he plays the game, but wether or not he ever becomes as effective and dependable as Gorges is will come down to how hard the kid works & how hard he's willing to push himself.

TIme will tell...


one thing is for sure, his odds of making the habs are insanely higher under MT's watch then they would have been under JM!
I definitely don't miss the days where JM used to bench our young guys for every mistake. Hopefully, Pateryn will flourish under MT who will be using him more slowly but gradually.

CN_paladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:43 AM
  #268
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
don't know much about Pateryn, but the thing about Gorges is that he has an insane work ethic.

Right around the time of the trade, I was working with a trainer who was with the Sharks while Gorges was there... spoke incredibly highly of him & his approach to training... called him the hardest working athlete he had seen in their organization.

That's what pushes fringe NHLers to the everyday quality-type player that Gorges has become.

Pateryn may be similar to Gorges in how he plays the game, but wether or not he ever becomes as effective and dependable as Gorges is will come down to how hard the kid works & how hard he's willing to push himself.

TIme will tell...


one thing is for sure, his odds of making the habs are insanely higher under MT's watch then they would have been under JM!
Pateryn was bigger and stronger and more skilled than Gorges was at 18. So he may not have to work as hard to be as good. Seems to have good hockey sense and solid hands.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
  #269
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,660
vCash: 500
Pateryn is sent back to Hamilton.

Who's ready to come back?

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
  #270
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Pateryn is sent back to Hamilton.

Who's ready to come back?
Kaberle?

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
  #271
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
Kaberle?
They would not go on the road with 6 healthy D.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
  #272
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Or is Weber healthy? I'd rather have Kaberle than Weber in all honesty.

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
  #273
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Rumours are Habs have claimed Eager? We needed the roster spot. I wonder if Diaz is coming back soon.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
  #274
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Rumours are Habs have claimed Eager? We needed the roster spot. I wonder if Diaz is coming back soon.
where did you hear this? That guy is a loose cannon.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:51 PM
  #275
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
where did you hear this? That guy is a loose cannon.
He was in Chicago when Bergevin was there, so he knows him. Just speculation

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.