HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/NYI Trade Thought (proposal of sorts)

Old
07-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't think Tukonen has had that bad of a time transitioning over to NA from Finland. From all that I've gathered, i.e. heard from Finnish posters, Tukonen was a 3rd line/4th line guy in Finland hence the weak numbers. But Nokelainen was playing on a weaker team where he was able to play more minutes and the like whereas Tukonen was playing on a team with more depth so he didn't get as good an opportunity. He was playing in the AHL as a 18-19? year old, and still managed to put up 14g, 22a, 36pts in 62 games. If it wasn't for his shoulder injury he'd probably have had a cup of coffee with the Kings.
Right, and while I think what he's done has been respectable and is by no means bad, he hasn't really progressed as expected so far.

And while the Blues were a better team than Saipa, it wasn't really by a significant margin. Blues finished 11th vs. Saipa's 12th. Yes, Nokey got more minutes from what I understand, but he also earned them. Though if anyone's actually had a chance to watch a significant amount of SM-Liiga play that year, I'd welcome their take on it.

But that's not even my point, my point is what he did with those minutes. It's an accomplishment that as of yet, Tukonen's accomplishments haven't really matched. Whereas Tukonen may have had a cup of coffee with the Kings were it not for the shoulder, Nokelainen already had his cup and would've had a lot more hat it not been for his knee. And while you can chalk it up to age and what not (afterall, Nokelainen is about 8months older), the point remains that so far Nokelainen has shown more development than Tukonen. And frankly, I'm still more impressed with 15g in SM-Liiga than 36pts in the AHL.

But even if you consider Tukonen to have more value than Nokelainen, I think the difference between these two is closer than the difference between Okposo and Lewis.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote