HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why does Markov...

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Portishead

vCash: 500
Why does Markov...

Can anybody tells my why Markov is our 5th d'men now ?
I know he's not up to last years expections yet. But, playing him less than Bouillon & Quintal is a blind move.

Last year, Markov & Rivet proved to be a good combination.
Why would the coachs want two so-so pairing (Markov-Komisarek & Rivet-Bouillon) than putting Markov back with Rivet ?
This would gives us, Souray-Quintal, Markov-Rivet, Bouillon-Komisarek for now.
I'd rather have two good pairings (well.. better) than two & sometimes three so-so.
Once Brisebois comeback, you have Souray-Brisebois, Markov-Rivet, Bouillon-Quintal/Komisarek.
At least, the 1st & 2nd pairing could get the job done better.

Is Rick Green afraid of skilled offensive d'men that takes chances sometime like Markov ? To me, it seems like they prefer, supposedly safer d's that throws the puck deep.

I think Markov needs to be challenged with more icetimes & responsabilities so he can burst out again like last year. Wouldn't it be better to have Markov to his full capacities like last year, plus the amazing play of Souray ?

I don't care about playing Quintal & Bouillon, since I know they won't sit them, but I do care when they receives more ice than Markov, who's not playing bad at all by the way...

Of course, in a better world, we'd be more thrilled to see Hainsey & Komisarek makes some mistake, but actually learning and getting better, than seeing Quintal & Bouillon making mistakes, not really learning or getting better.

I also think that Komisarek, while not being elite right now, is learning well & smoothly, shows is physical side more & more. Sadly, we all know he'll be benched a lot when Brisebois's back.

Play Markov more, that's only what I wanted to say. Go get Vitaly Vishnevski to play with him too. Wouldn't it be awesome...

Old
12-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Istvan

I think it's only a matter of time before Souray, Komi, Hainsey and Markov will be our top 4 d-men. Gainey comes from an era when the Habs developed their rookies slowly and eased them into the lineup so I can understand Komi and Hainsey getting limited ice time and spending time in Hamilton BUT I don't understand CJ's utilization of Markov.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:30 AM
eddy

I was wondering why Bouillion was playing more then Markov myself, Bouillion's role should be reduced imo, he has made to many giveaways that have resulted in goals.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portishead
Can anybody tells my why Markov is our 5th d'men now ?
I know he's not up to last years expections yet. But, playing him less than Bouillon & Quintal is a blind move.

Why would the coachs want two so-so pairing (Markov-Komisarek & Rivet-Bouillon) than putting Markov back with Rivet ?
I'd rather have two good pairings (well.. better) than two & sometimes three so-so.
Once Brisebois comeback, you have Souray-Brisebois, Markov-Rivet, Bouillon-Quintal/Komisarek.
At least, the 1st & 2nd pairing could get the job done better.

Is Rick Green afraid of skilled offensive d'men that takes chances sometime like Markov ? To me, it seems like they prefer, supposedly safer d's that throws the puck deep.

I think Markov needs to be challenged with more icetimes & responsabilities so he can burst out again like last year. Wouldn't it be better to have Markov to his full capacities like last year, plus the amazing play of Souray ?

I don't care about playing Quintal & Bouillon, since I know they won't sit them, but I do care when they receives more ice than Markov, who's not playing bad at all by the way...

Of course, in a better world, we'd be more thrilled to see Hainsey & Komisarek makes some mistake, but actually learning and getting better, than seeing Quintal & Bouillon making mistakes, not really learning or getting better.

I also think that Komisarek, while not being elite right now, is learning well & smoothly, shows is physical side more & more. Sadly, we all know he'll be benched a lot when Brisebois's back.

Play Markov more, that's only what I wanted to say. Go get Vitaly Vishnevski to play with him too. Wouldn't it be awesome...

It's because he's not french... We need an anglophone coach who can speak french and not the other way around. Markov should be the second most played D-man night in night out after Sourray. Don't you see Ribiero can never do wrong even if he can't play in his own end, Bouillion can make mistakes like he did on the first goal and get rewarded for it like he did lat night (more ice time). It's pure ********..I hate it so much, every time a French players does something wrong the media tries to cover it up but if and non-french player makes amistake thet go out of their way to point it out! What a load ****. I love the habs but the media is ****ing rediculous!

Old
12-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Habsolution

Old
12-21-2003, 07:22 AM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
It's because he's not french... We need an anglophone coach who can speak french and not the other way around. Markov should be the second most played D-man night in night out after Sourray. Don't you see Ribiero can never do wrong even if he can't play in his own end, Bouillion can make mistakes like he did on the first goal and get rewarded for it like he did lat night (more ice time). It's pure ********..I hate it so much, every time a French players does something wrong the media tries to cover it up but if and non-french player makes amistake thet go out of their way to point it out! What a load ****. I love the habs but the media is ****ing rediculous!
sorry to burst your conspiracy theory bubble but Francis Boillon even though he has a french sounding name is not from Quebec but from NY. But you are right about one thing, Ribeiro can't seem to do no wrong....

Old
12-21-2003, 07:25 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Here we go again. You think they will risk losing so they can play more french people....? that is ridiculous. And Bouillon is from ny.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
Eille chose ferme donc ta gueule.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portishead
You know Markov played with Rivet at the beginning of the year.. do you?

And that was a disaster.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Markov has not been the same since losing his friend Petrov. Reports have been that Markov is a little reticent and uncomfortable in English, and trading away his only Russian companion probably put him back into his shell.

Perhaps this sounds silly: but there is no question that Petrov's presence (as roommates, I think) helped relax Markov tremendously. There is also no doubt that it must be very difficult to adjust for some players, nevermind the actual hockey, but in regards to the other 20 hours of their day that they spend in a foreign place.

The Habs have only one Russian on the roster -- young Markov. I would seriously consider shopping around for a Russian veteran, someone to stabilize the transition to NA for some of our Russian prospects as well as comforting Markov.

The best answer might be coaching. Larionov would be an intriguing possibility, as an assistant coach, if he has any interest and decides to finally retire. The man has been playing for about as long as Markov has been alive, and there is no doubt that his immense knowledge of the game would help anyone, Russian or whomever. It couldn't hurt to have a coaching staff fluent in Russian, English and French, especially with someone as accomplished as Larionov.

Anyway, strange idea, but I would consider it if I was BG.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
WHAT? Ribeiro can never do wrong? damn he was sent on the press box while being the team leaders in points.

Dykhuis and Traverse are french and they are in Hamilton
Gratton is french and they never gave him a real chance.
Quintal and audette also missed some games.

Also Julien is from Ottawa...

If you were bright, you would have realized that Julien favorise hard workers, not frenchs, he wants a team who always fight and I won't blame him for it.

Last edited by Beatnik: 12-21-2003 at 09:20 AM.
Old
12-21-2003, 10:46 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
as you already know by now, Bouillon is from ny
Julien from Ottawa ( and if he speaks french , is really more confortable with is english )

we don't need your little racist comments on this board ;if you don't want to have french players or coach on your team , just go to the toronto maple leafs board and leave us alone

hope the moderator is going to banne you ....

Old
12-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Mike8

Quote:
This is silly. Julien is entirely bilingual, and was not even born in Quebec. I don't know which language he learned first, but it's a fairly moot point. Take a look at all the francophone players that Julien has benched: Perreault, Ribeiro, Audette, Dagenais. I believe most of them have been healthy scratches more frenquently than Darren Langdon, and certainly with more frequency than a Niklas Sundstrom who's not given much effort on most nights early this season.

Karl Dykhuis, from Quebec but an anglophone, was called up before Patrick Traverse.

Sheldon Souray was immediately given a larger role this season than any other defenseman, while Brisebois' role was reduced.

This post of yours and most of your posts laced with "****" since the Toronto game haven't added anything to this board. Please think before posting, and there's really no sense in lacing your posts with swear words that will just be censored out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklZ
sorry to burst your conspiracy theory bubble but Francis Boillon even though he has a french sounding name is not from Quebec but from NY.
Bouillon is born in NY, but grew up in Quebec. I believe he is francophone as well, with one of his parents being Haitian and the other being Quebecois.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:03 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
i wrote a e-mail to one of the moderator , and asked him to banned you of this board ...i hope that other members are going to follow me ...

Old
12-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i wrote a e-mail to one of the moderator , and asked him to banned you of this board ...i hope that other members are going to follow me ...
take a long breath and relax ...
he said nothing bad on this post ...
actually i agree on a certain level...
anyway I don't think this deserve a ban at all !

Old
12-21-2003, 12:04 PM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Bouillon is born in NY, but grew up in Quebec. I believe he is francophone as well, with one of his parents being Haitian and the other being Quebecois.
SHHHHHH....dont give Portishead any more ammunition.

Old
12-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Guy!

Doesn't notorious Frenchman Rick Green run the defenders? Of course he'll pick his French buddies over that damn Russian Euro Markov, I mean come on! Born and bred Quebekker Bouillon is obviously going to get more time than *snort* Markov when MON DIEU! Green is running those defenders. I guess no one knew that Sheldone Souraye was born in Hull là, did they! That's why he's the number one on this club d'hockey! Nothing to do with talent at all!

Or just maybe Makov is struggling, somewhat injured, or some other thing that Green has noticed.

Nah, yer right. Let's go with the French thing. Far more conspiratorial.

*smirks*

ACF

Old
12-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Habsfool

Markov have a bad year and make lot of mistake in the neutral and defensive zone and we cant put him whit Mr mistake in everyzone ( Rivet)

imo

Old
12-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Makarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Doesn't notorious Frenchman Rick Green run the defenders? Of course he'll pick his French buddies over that damn Russian Euro Markov, I mean come on! Born and bred Quebekker Bouillon is obviously going to get more time than *snort* Markov when MON DIEU! Green is running those defenders. I guess no one knew that Sheldone Souraye was born in Hull là, did they! That's why he's the number one on this club d'hockey! Nothing to do with talent at all!

Or just maybe Makov is struggling, somewhat injured, or some other thing that Green has noticed.

Nah, yer right. Let's go with the French thing. Far more conspiratorial.

*smirks*
I know Guy is a big Markov fan, as am I...

He's certainly by far the best puck moving defenseman on this team, and is extremely proactive both in the defensive and offensive zone...

He may not be the physical presence certain other blueliners are, but his ability to stick check as well as he does allows him to negate bigger forwards...

Following our loss in Vancouver and till his ankle injury I feel he was the best defenseman along with Brisebois, and the two were undoubtedly the top pairing in the team...

Certainly showed since they lead all D in ice time...

Markov had regained his confidence, which had been shattered in part because of Rivet's extremely poor play, and there appeared to chemistry developing between him Brisebois...

Then Biseboios gets injured and so does Markov, and we're back to sqaure one...

He's been moved alongside every single defenseman on this team, and I doubt that helping a whole lot, one game with Boullion, another with Komisarek, part of the game with Rivet, throw in a few minutes with Quintal...

Personally, I look forward to Brisebois return, and feel him and Markov will once again take their place as the top pair. and along with Souray we ought to have a good top 3...

Old
12-22-2003, 07:26 AM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
The best answer might be coaching. Larionov would be an intriguing possibility, as an assistant coach, if he has any interest and decides to finally retire. The man has been playing for about as long as Markov has been alive, and there is no doubt that his immense knowledge of the game would help anyone, Russian or whomever. It couldn't hurt to have a coaching staff fluent in Russian, English and French, especially with someone as accomplished as Larionov.

Anyway, strange idea, but I would consider it if I was BG.
AMEN!! I've been telling folks that for a while... Russians have career years playing for their former soviet greats!! I think it's a combined pride and comfort issue with russians wanting to please or live up to the ghost of guys like Larionov, Fetisov, Tretiak...

I have two examples of this... Fetisov with the Devils produced great results from the russians (zelepukin had a couple of great years under him), and then there is markov and petrov last season... even young guys like Svitov and Perezhogin playing together seems to help out.

Besides, those guys are SO GREAT because they can think the game at warp-speed, maneuvring and generally outcoaching anyone around them. Fetisov or Larionov or Makarov or ... (insert famous russian hockey player here) would be a great choice!

Closed Thread